Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hekarewe's cape york adventures

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chilli beach to weipa

left chilli beach very disappointed after talking to the rangers yes rangers do check permits we were checked twice in 2 days.

got into a conversation with the ranger who told me that they were trying to get the local indigonise people to set up their own camp grounds i ask why as it would be compertion to theirs at chilli beach. it turns out that the government leases the land of the local land council as a naional park @ $140k per year and the $30K raise in camping fees do not go back to the national parks to run the camp sites but also go to the local land council so the the local community get $170K each year for doing nothing so why would they bother with making camp sites and working!!! rather discussting i think it costs Queensland parks $40K per year to maintane the sites at chilli beach! end of rant!!!

the run from chilli to weipa took us about 6 hours with a detour to a cattle station for lunch at Meloona downs lovely spot bit of the track but worth the effort

weipa is as it is a stop to stock up before pushing on to the tip nothing much there but a great feed at the thai wok resteraunt near woolies we hired a boat and self drove ourselfs around the esteries to fish and came up very short micks son had a nice big wahoo next to the boat but mick grab the line above the leader andlost it he is still paying for that LOL

weipa we laft and took the batavia downs rd across to bramwell junction very good road and saves a lot of time at bramwell we got told that the tele track was do able if you had a winch maybe!!!!so as i towing my camper we opted for a run around the PDR and came into the tele track from the northern end and back tracked to gunshot (watch this space for the vidio) then came back out doing cockatoo and then onto elliet falls and twin falls we camped at cockatoo and then camped again at canal creek check the pics of the crossing.

we moved on toward mistake creek and then turned back to the PDR (peninsular developent road) and on to the ferrie they stop for an hour for lunch daily and operate between 8am and 4.30pm

arrived in seiseia that pm and set up went up to the tip and then lunched at punsan bay resort beautiful place for lunch the tip was standing room only head there at low tide and take the easy walk around the mangroves and beach or if your hard core walk over the mountain

after the detour to punsan bay via a very unused track we went on to the croc tent where we emptied our pockets and filled the bags then home

today was sumerset homestead ruins not much there appart from a plague and grave and then did the drive around through the east coast beaches some of which was interesting and rocky on the way out to the main road we found a billabong and track into it where we stopped for lunch then on to the WW11 wrecks around bamaga airport only 2 to be een there now as the others have been raided by suvnoneer hunter to morrow i am hoping for one of the locals to take me pigging and maybe a scrub bull fingers crossed monday we do the fishing charter then think about the return trip home
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hekarewe For This Useful Post:

GUtsy ute (29th June 2013), Maxhead (29th June 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (29th June 2013), TPC (5th July 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these are photos of today from the sumer set drive and ww2 wrecks
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hekarewe For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (29th June 2013), GUtsy ute (29th June 2013), Maxhead (29th June 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (30th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you guys made it. We are so envious. Will call you lots of names when you get home and come for bbq. love the pics please send more so Bec feels as if she is there with you.

I feel sorry for you if she was. lol
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will take you up on the offer of the BBq on our return dhuck and will bring over the lap top for the holiday slide show bit of old school entertainment for you only up to about 300 pics so far that will make you feel like your were up here with us LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

hekarewe (30th June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its all over now left seisia a couple of days ago and stopped at bramwell station over night where we met biddy the brolga and noodle the texas long horn cross brahman steer both house pets and trouble makers

then a night palmer river road house with a stunning sunrise we stayed in one of their igloos and now we sit in cairns in a flash as gas hotel room before we head home over the weekend

once back we will catch up with the others and swap pics then i should have a few more interesting to share

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome pics Adrian, if your going anywhere near Mossman Go by the Mossman Gorge its a refreshing swim and bueatiful place , but as dhuck said more pics! lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing, that is on my list of Must Do trips, great photos and enjoy your write ups too.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great write up and photos Adrian. Were you heading south through sarina today?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mater of fact i was hempo heading south very dirty still and johnno's camper in tow,,,,, prob moving pritty quick to LOL stopping over night to night in bundy back home tomorrow afternoon then,,,,,,,,, the clean up!!! and edit vidis etc

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast