Thread: Hekarewe's cape york adventures

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Said it in one word "preparation".
    All sounds good , just about to get snorkel, but had to convince myself I needed
    4" hole in perfectly good guard. X 2 on the Donaldson, Great for the Outback.
    What tyres and were they new for this trip??mainly for others planning same trip.
    used Maxxis big horn fitted 2 new tyres before heading as i had ripped side wall out of one and found a split in another from the rock at janowen hills before trip

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hekarewe For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th July 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Research and preparation cant beat them, this is a great tip for anyone planning an extended trip.
    Doing the "TIP" is one of the last great outback trips other than the CSR. Might get boring hearing it over and over again .
    Details ,research and prep. equals a great and hopefully trouble free trip that will stay in your memory for a long, long time.
    Two thumbs up, Stay safe for remainder of your trip, any Croc Sightings LOL. Fish, its the hottest fishing place on the planet
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Research and preparation cant beat them, this is a great tip for anyone planning an extended trip.
    Doing the "TIP" is one of the last great outback trips other than the CSR. Might get boring hearing it over and over again .
    Details ,research and prep. equals a great and hopefully trouble free trip that will stay in your memory for a long, long time.
    Two thumbs up, Stay safe for remainder of your trip, any Croc Sightings LOL. Fish, its the hottest fishing place on the planet

ahuge thanks to Dave at Torq4x4 for all the pretrip preperation work and perventative mait both on the truck and on the camper thanks a heep dave job well done and the daws valve worked a treat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345