OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan Patrol for off-roading - why do you think it is so popular amongst offroaders?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    So i'm doing a little bit of questioning about Nissan Patrol - why do you think it is so popular amongst off-road enthusiasts? Strong suspension? Good ground clearance? Strong transmission, engine? Cheap repairs compared to other off-road type cars? Or maybe Patrols have a great potential for a future modifications of the car? If you have an opinion i would love to hear it.
    All of the above

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention great value for money,and last of the real 4x4s , great tourer in comfort, easy to mod into mountain goat, good tow vehicle as well.
    built to last, just read the threads on guys who have over 1/2 a million Ks and still going strong,
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Thats funny...my hilux had the worst handbrake
    Once while airing down my hilux decided it would start without me and was headed for a big fall..... managed to get in put my foot on the brake just in time.
    I always laughed at guys trying the whole 'my Toyota's better' rant. They always had to grab a rock to use as a wheel chock, they'd agree that Nissan's handbrake setup was better, then they'd usually agree that the LSD was far superior, some would eventually realise that the Patrols were a bloody good rig!
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was away at Kevington all of last week and I would guess that 50% of all cars that drove past were Patrols.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my creature comforts and sleep in the back of the pod when 'roughing it'. lol

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are the best because they last, are cheap to repair, and go absolutely anywhere without drastic mods. Look at most of the comp trucks getting around, they are all running patrol diffs/drivetrains. Theres gota be a good reason behind that.

Funny story, today i went for a splash in the mud with a work mate, his missus and daughter came in my patrol because its nicer to be in the his pajero. That just sealed the deal for me, I made the right choice.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always known they are better value than an (exy) Toyota and are easily as capable a 4wd. Since owning one for a few weeks now I can also say its a pleasure to drive on road and very capable off road too - having just come back from Mount Stirling/High Country in Victoria over the Queens Birthday weekend with 6 adults and 1 baby in it...we all had a whale of a time in the mud up there!

Also previous 4by was a Disco and no end of problems (although it did get me around Australia safely and competently). Early days with my GU but I just can't see it having the same problems! Love it so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12