OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 935 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 43583588592593393493593693794598510351435 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    If I tell the agents I'm not playing their game, a Dutch Auction, they will just show me the door.
    Silent or open auctions I am all for. It all ends on what someone is prepared to pay in the end. Sometimes its works in the buyers favour, as they have won the auction at a lesser price than what they were willing to pay because the lack of competition, it can work in the sellers favour, two buyers simply outbidding each other fueled by emotional attachemnt to the house, or, in my case, it worked in both our and the sellers favour. We got more than expected and the buyer paid less than expected (we assume going by his bidding tactics).
    The only issue is if too much emotion is attached and you give an offer that the Bank doesn't think the house and land is worth they won't loan you the money for it.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    The only issue is if too much emotion is attached and you give an offer that the Bank doesn't think the house and land is worth they won't loan you the money for it.
    Yes you gotta be careful there. But we have this side of things sorted, and are trying to not let our emotions take control. Lol. Which is harder than expected.
    Just reading through some websites regarding the rules and regs. Bloody confusing it is and I see the second place we put our offer in on was done, not by the rules.... Verbal and with no Contract of sale available. Plus apparently I do have the right to see the other offers laid out prior to me putting my offer in. Otherwise they are creating a Dutch auction, from which I am led to believe from what I am reading, is not allowed. One steep learning curve for me here. God!

Why can't it just be like last time I bought a house? Albeit 13 years ago. They said this price, I said another, they agreed, everyone was happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Far out Im in pain and its just constant all the time increasing if I move, time to up the meds.
    I should be in hospital just not fair at all see the doc again next Monday, so only a few more days
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mudnut (9th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @mudski
    I may not be much help here, but a little"Buffett-ism" I recall is that money moves from the impatient to the patient. He also tends to shy away from overheated markets as people get a bit over exuberant with their "cash" thinking good times will never end, or get on bandwagon late due to F.O.M.O.
    It is not a popular option, but is renting an option in short term? 60k may get u a coupla years' rent. May be money well spent if market so hot people are offering stupid premiums to asking prices - plus in a couple of years there may be some "distressed" assets available much cheaper. Just as an indicato, we're probably 25% down on what we could've got for ours at peak a few years ago, but different market dynamics in WA. Even a 10% drop in house prices over there will be about $80k gain to you?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFrosty View Post
    Hi @mudski
    I may not be much help here, but a little"Buffett-ism" I recall is that money moves from the impatient to the patient. He also tends to shy away from overheated markets as people get a bit over exuberant with their "cash" thinking good times will never end, or get on bandwagon late due to F.O.M.O.
    It is not a popular option, but is renting an option in short term? 60k may get u a coupla years' rent. May be money well spent if market so hot people are offering stupid premiums to asking prices - plus in a couple of years there may be some "distressed" assets available much cheaper. Just as an indicato, we're probably 25% down on what we could've got for ours at peak a few years ago, but different market dynamics in WA. Even a 10% drop in house prices over there will be about $80k gain to you?
    Yeah renting is what we have discussed if we don't find anything. We are not buying just because we have too. Well we do, but we are not buying in a hurry. But it feels like that sometimes. Lol.
    Anyhow, the first property we, seriously, looked at two months ago is still up for sale. All off us fell in love with this place. The issue is, my kids will need to rely on me to get them to and from school from this place. Not ideal, as we are moving because of this reason now. We live too far away from their schools. But this property is on 5 immaculate acres, all new fencing, fully reno'd house, it just needs a shed. Now we have found out the owners have dropped 50k off their asking price! Oh why?! *shakes fist*
    My plan next year was to slow down the business, and go back to full time work. I love what I do, but, I have no life, working by myself, working from home means I never leave it alone, i'm at it 24/7 pretty much. When I'm not hunting for a house Im at the computer working. My accountant has told me to ramp the business up as sales have plateaued over the last 12 months because I'm full to the brim with stock so I can't bring anymore in to expand. Also I'm not super keen on borrowing money to move into a shop and employ someone for help, even though I need it, and need to do it. I know its the next step, but I don't think i am willing to risk it. Plus I haven't paid super in god knows how long. A lot of factors are at play here.
    On another note. My beer brew isn't so good. I think I bottled it too early. Not long enough in the fermenter I think, even though my SG's were steady for 4 days. So I might start up another brew this weekend and try a different tactic.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah renting is what we have discussed if we don't find anything. We are not buying just because we have too. Well we do, but we are not buying in a hurry. But it feels like that sometimes. Lol.
    Anyhow, the first property we, seriously, looked at two months ago is still up for sale. All off us fell in love with this place. The issue is, my kids will need to rely on me to get them to and from school from this place. Not ideal, as we are moving because of this reason now. We live too far away from their schools. But this property is on 5 immaculate acres, all new fencing, fully reno'd house, it just needs a shed. Now we have found out the owners have dropped 50k off their asking price! Oh why?! *shakes fist*
    My plan next year was to slow down the business, and go back to full time work. I love what I do, but, I have no life, working by myself, working from home means I never leave it alone, i'm at it 24/7 pretty much. When I'm not hunting for a house Im at the computer working. My accountant has told me to ramp the business up as sales have plateaued over the last 12 months because I'm full to the brim with stock so I can't bring anymore in to expand. Also I'm not super keen on borrowing money to move into a shop and employ someone for help, even though I need it, and need to do it. I know its the next step, but I don't think i am willing to risk it. Plus I haven't paid super in god knows how long. A lot of factors are at play here.
    On another note. My beer brew isn't so good. I think I bottled it too early. Not long enough in the fermenter I think, even though my SG's were steady for 4 days. So I might start up another brew this weekend and try a different tactic.
    some nice houses in Traf good schools as well

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Roofy View Post
    some nice houses in Traf good schools as well
    Haha! I want to move to Bright, or around there. But i will have to wait until the kids are out of home for that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work in this shit!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seeing first hand how much resources are wasted on drugged up maggoted cockroaches. Some iced up junkie passing out in a car he broke into. Ambos, fieries, cops... Then when he became aware of his senses again, began abusing all of them. What an absolute piece of s###.
    Should have been left to overdose and die then just taken to a nearby tip. Job done. That should go for all druggies out there.
    Makes one furious when you think about it...
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

jay see (12th December 2016), mudski (11th December 2016), Woof (12th December 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Seeing first hand how much resources are wasted on drugged up maggoted cockroaches. Some iced up junkie passing out in a car he broke into. Ambos, fieries, cops... Then when he became aware of his senses again, began abusing all of them. What an absolute piece of s###.
    Should have been left to overdose and die then just taken to a nearby tip. Job done. That should go for all druggies out there.
    Makes one furious when you think about it...
    Agreed. I see it each weekend, just about, when I take my kid to Circus training in Collingwood each weekend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (12th December 2016)

Page 935 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 43583588592593393493593693794598510351435 ... LastLast