OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 786 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767847857867877887968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threw together the winch system to go do a rescue..
    And nothing FFS..
    Dunno if it's the wireless reciver of the solinode but I'm getting nothing. .
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wireless remotes are not worth the money you pay, a winch at the best of times has a delay
    the remote only makes it delay more.
    Do like a few of us have done and fit a winch on/off button
    and besides that a winch in/out button
    that will save someone shorting your winch out
    and cutting your patrol in 2 pieces
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 12th March 2016 at 06:16 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Threw together the winch system to go do a rescue..
    And nothing FFS..
    Dunno if it's the wireless reciver of the solinode but I'm getting nothing. .
    And what about the wired controller?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    And what about the wired controller?
    Yea yet to try that..
    That's the next step..

@TD personally I'd have my winch in out switch in the center console..
    I find myself driving right handed bracing left arm on center console with the remote..
    Imo it'll be a pita to have one hand pushed against the dash the whole time..

Your on off switch yea sure.. out of the way..

I'll also have a high amp battery isolation switch in the main line.. and low voltage isolated..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

threedogs (13th March 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cops in Mansfield. (again)
    Really sad when you go to their town, spend $ at their servo, IGA, bakery, bottle shop, and then the cops pull you up and treat you like a crim because youre in a 4x4.
    They got me on nothing, but it pissed me off when they clearly started getting agitated as they looked around the car and realized they're gonna have issues getting me on anything at all.
    2005 TD42TI

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th March 2016), Clunk (13th March 2016), growler2058 (13th March 2016), Irish (13th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Really sad when you go to their town, spend $ at their servo, IGA, bakery, bottle shop, and then the cops pull you up and treat you like a crim because youre in a 4x4.
    They got me on nothing, but it pissed me off when they clearly started getting agitated as they looked around the car and realized they're gonna have issues getting me on anything at all.
    I've never had a issue in Mansfield but seems lots of people do.
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lucus30 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    An example of an open letter to the Mayor of Mansfiled Shire Council

To whom it may concern, I drive a 4wd vehicle and I love to visit your shire to enjoy the beauty of the region.

When I do come to the area, I usually spend a reasonable amount of cash in the local stores.

Of late, I have had a negative experience with local officers of the Victorian Police vehemently trying to defect my 4wd vehicle.

I have read , on social media that a large number of others have had the same negative experience as mine.

The end result is that many people are avoiding your region, resulting in a significant loss of revenue for your local economy.

Regards.
    Last edited by mudnut; 13th March 2016 at 09:31 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just on cops attitudes

A few days ago I was driving back to Ballarat from Stawell & was waved down by a cop who's car was parked blocking the hghway at Great Western. He pointed to indicate I should turn right, off the highway, which I did. It appeared there had been an accident on the higway & there was a fair bit of traffic backed. Once off the highway I parked & approached the cop to ask where I should go to re-access the higway. He was setting out witches hats. The young chap was initially quite aggressive in manner, which I ignored & asked where I should go anyway. He then became more reasonable & expained I would need to take a detour of approximately 25kms, reaching Ararat from a different direction.

This is far from my first of such experiences & I am certainly not a threatening looking character. I wonder if part of their training is to present aggressively or just a 'protective' behaviour picked up from colleagues. It doesn't seem so prevalent when they are on 'home turf' at a police station. I also wonder how instrumental the attitude is in creating unnecessarily aggravated situations & why there is not more emphasis placed on 'people skills' in their training.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dunno what it would be, Cuppa.

Might be that they have to spend probably 80% of their time dealing with anti-social turds and interacting with one of natures true gentlemen such as you or I takes a moment or two to adjust.

I could never be a Copper... I would have run out of bullets and worn out my Taser within a week.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (13th March 2016), rusty_nail (14th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nature's true gentlemen eh?

You make a good point, but from personal experience & from my wife's reports on their behaviour when called to situations involving mentally ill folk their approach certainly causes themselves more grief than they would otherwise experience . Treating everyone as anti social turds must result in a higher incidence of anti social turd-like behaviour.

And once again the conversation turns to shit.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (13th March 2016)

Page 786 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767847857867877887968368861286 ... LastLast