OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 337 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 2372873273353363373383393473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't tell you what I did with your bottle of rum

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (24th July 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well apparently my petronix ignition module died and I need a new one. But NOBODY in Perth has them in stock.

Patrolapart has them but it may take up to a week even if I express post it due to australia post being shit. If that's not the issue I ll start a fire under tha bsstard and see if it'll fix it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am right jacked off. Spent ages searching for the cause of a musty smell in the house. Found it, it was a damp cloth in a laundry cupboard. Whilst looking I checked under the floor I saw a wet area under the shower. Sure enough, turn on the shower & there is water dripping under the floor. Same with both taps. Further exploration reveals that the shower head is screwed onto a brass thread which is screwed into a plastic fitting, which looks like it is screwed onto yet another brass 90 degree fitting. All this behind a wall covered with a tile sheet which as far as I can tell is a design no longer available. Looks like the whole shower will have to come out just to get at the leaking fitting behind the wall. Not happy Jan. Not happy at all! Grrrr

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Am right jacked off. Spent ages searching for the cause of a musty smell in the house. Found it, it was a damp cloth in a laundry cupboard. Whilst looking I checked under the floor I saw a wet area under the shower. Sure enough, turn on the shower & there is water dripping under the floor. Same with both taps. Further exploration reveals that the shower head is screwed onto a brass thread which is screwed into a plastic fitting, which looks like it is screwed onto yet another brass 90 degree fitting. All this behind a wall covered with a tile sheet which as far as I can tell is a design no longer available. Looks like the whole shower will have to come out just to get at the leaking fitting behind the wall. Not happy Jan. Not happy at all! Grrrr
    G`day Cuppa
    Any chance you can get to it from the other side of the wall.We have the same problem in the shower where there appears to be a small weep from the tap manifold, as the manifold is on the wall that forms the hallway on the other side we will attack it from the hall side. good luck with it mate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (25th July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    G`day Cuppa
    Any chance you can get to it from the other side of the wall.We have the same problem in the shower where there appears to be a small weep from the tap manifold, as the manifold is on the wall that forms the hallway on the other side we will attack it from the hall side. good luck with it mate.

Pearcey, a big thank you! That is so obvious and sensible now that you mention it. It is on a wall that forms the hallway on the other side. It simply didn’t occur to me to attack it from that side. Patching up a hole in a plaster wall is a far better idea than wrecking half the bathroom.

Thinking ‘aloud’.
    I’m now trying to work out how I will mount a new fitting for the shower head to attach to. I imagine the current one is probably screwed onto the shower side of a noggin. I can cut out & replace the noggin, but how to attach the fitting on the shower side? Can you get flexible pipes to run from the tap set to the shower head? (I’m guessing that currently it has copper pipe). If flexible is possible I guess I could attach the fitting to a new noggin first, then screw the noggin into place, fit the shower head & test it all for leaks before repairing the wall. Sound like a plan.

It is possible that just tightening pipe connections might stop the leak, but I think it sensible to replace the mix of brass & plastic whilst I’m in there.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Pearcey, a big thank you! That is so obvious and sensible now that you mention it. It is on a wall that forms the hallway on the other side. It simply didn’t occur to me to attack it from that side. Patching up a hole in a plaster wall is a far better idea than wrecking half the bathroom.

Thinking ‘aloud’.
    I’m now trying to work out how I will mount a new fitting for the shower head to attach to. I imagine the current one is probably screwed onto the shower side of a noggin. I can cut out & replace the noggin, but how to attach the fitting on the shower side? Can you get flexible pipes to run from the tap set to the shower head? (I’m guessing that currently it has copper pipe). If flexible is possible I guess I could attach the fitting to a new noggin first, then screw the noggin into place, fit the shower head & test it all for leaks before repairing the wall. Sound like a plan.

It is possible that just tightening pipe connections might stop the leak, but I think it sensible to replace the mix of brass & plastic whilst I’m in there.
    Mate I think flexible hoses would be available but it may be as simple as removing the old pipe work and replacing it, most plumbing work is reasonably simple it`s just hard to get to. I`m not into plumbing but I think if I could stay with copper rather than going to flexible as there are a few weak areas with the flex system, ie crimp fittings threaded joints and the hose itself is reinforced rubber which does perish over time. There may be a plumber on here who could advise you. good luck with it
    Cheers and Beers Pearcey

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (25th July 2014), Cuppa (25th July 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been at home for 2 days with a sick little boy and last night was rough... really high temps and his heart was racing, hate seeing him like this.

He is quite happy this morning so his temps have broken but still a real sicky...

Hey Ian I have had to swap out some old taps lately and they did not want to budge without bending the copper pipes so I put a bit of heat on them and they came off so easy.. you probably knew that though.

Bloody good thinking Pearcey... I will always remember that.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a sick 4 yr old being a chunder mcgrunder

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the littlies are all better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    There may be a plumber on here who could advise you. good luck with it
    Cheers and Beers Pearcey
    Well job's half done. Geez I hate plumbing, it's always a hassle, no wonder plumbers get paid well.
    Now have a hole in the hall wall, & found that it is the shower 'breech' itself which is leaking, it appears to have corroded from the inside out. Only one hole, (enlarged as I used pressure to unscrew one of the flared fittings) but a number of other spots looking like they too only had a limited time to go. Am replacing it, but not easy as it is mounted on the shower side of a noggin, & I am attacking it from behind. Any thoughts on the reason for the corrosion in copper? Did I mention I hate plumbing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most plumbing is done with poly pipe
    much cheaper and you can get it for hot water
    as well has a blue line on it
    8 or so wraps with thread tape will stop
    any leaks where threaded

Page 337 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 2372873273353363373383393473874378371337 ... LastLast