OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 147 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Yes they can. They can pull you over and do a safety inspection......open up the boot, we need to check the spare tyre!
    Hmmmmm. Yes, technically they could but IMO, not without a genuine reason to suspect there is a safety concern.
    Eg; if there is a blown headlight, that would be the opportunity to have a "safety/roadworthy" inspection.
    I find that completely unreasonable to be charged for possessing a fishing knife, particularly in the presence of fishing rods.
    It potentially sounds like the cops got a bit of attitude and it was payback time (not casting aspersions BTW). It's just what I've experienced in my younger days from the Rozzas

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Hmmmmm. Yes, technically they could but IMO, not without a genuine reason to suspect there is a safety concern.
    Eg; if there is a blown headlight, that would be the opportunity to have a "safety/roadworthy" inspection.
    I find that completely unreasonable to be charged for possessing a fishing knife, particularly in the presence of fishing rods.
    It potentially sounds like the cops got a bit of attitude and it was payback time (not casting aspersions BTW). It's just what I've experienced in my younger days from the Rozzas
    I agree, the judge should beast the cops over the knife issue, otherwise we are all in the sh1t when fishing or camping. Over zealous policing is frowned upon within the courts so sanity may save the day.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Had to pick up my son today after he was arrested and charged for weapon possession.
    Charge sheet lists weapons as:
    1. Fishing knife
    2. Mag Light Torch
    3. Plastic replica pistol (toy gun belonging to his 5 year old son)
    4. Home made sling shot and ball bearings (belong to his partners 10 year old son)
    For this he was handcuffed and taken to Christies Cop Shop and now will have to go to court.
    So what was the reason for being pulled in the first place?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why did they have cause to search the boot of his car?
    I'm fairly sure there still has to be cause to stop and search. They can't just do it randomly. At least not in Victoria anyway.
    They pulled him over for supposedly speeding but he did not receive a speeding ticket.
    In SA it is not uncommon to have car searched, I was once pulled over driving my brothers Monaro and they emptied the car searching for drugs and then told me I could pick it all up from the footpath and put it back in.
    Most cops are good, even have a couple of cop friends but some are total a$$holes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my fair share of run ins with the boys in blue. Never ticketed, just pulled up a lot. Most are good. Like the one who gave me a warning about my missing flare. And the one who was cool with me accidentally pulling my leatherman out with my wallet (took some explains but I was I uniform in a work ute.)

Then there was the copped who 'randomly' pulled me up this arvo. He was determined to give me a ticket. First he tried speeding. I wasn't. When I asked to see the proof he backed down. Then he checked my bike for roadworthy. He found nothing. He then tried to get me for my p plate not being visible. When I pointed out that it was attached to, and just as visible as the number plate, meeting adr's, he backed down on that one to. Then he searched my bag. Found nothing. Dumped it on the footpath then it was that I had been hooning, taking off from the lights too fast. I pointed that there had been a car in front of me, so that was impossible. Then it was tailgating. No I wasn't. Then it was breath and drug test. As if I would be so stupid. Then it was checking for roadworthy again.

Then he finally let me go. And he followed me to my street. I was just riding home normally, sensibly, and as I do every afternoon. I was polite to him through it all, as I always am.

As I said most are good. I know some. But the odd one out just want to get ya!

Have even had a cop try to tell me mate he shouldn't be giving his drunk mate a lift because 'if he drink drives its for me to intervene. Not you. Ffs if only more people had the sense to ring their mate when they were drunk! Would save so many lives!

As for old mate weapon charges that is just stupid!

My rant over

Cheers
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punderhead View Post
    I have had my fair share of run ins with the boys in blue. Never ticketed, just pulled up a lot. Most are good. Like the one who gave me a warning about my missing flare. And the one who was cool with me accidentally pulling my leatherman out with my wallet (took some explains but I was I uniform in a work ute.)

Then there was the copped who 'randomly' pulled me up this arvo. He was determined to give me a ticket. First he tried speeding. I wasn't. When I asked to see the proof he backed down. Then he checked my bike for roadworthy. He found nothing. He then tried to get me for my p plate not being visible. When I pointed out that it was attached to, and just as visible as the number plate, meeting adr's, he backed down on that one to. Then he searched my bag. Found nothing. Dumped it on the footpath then it was that I had been hooning, taking off from the lights too fast. I pointed that there had been a car in front of me, so that was impossible. Then it was tailgating. No I wasn't. Then it was breath and drug test. As if I would be so stupid. Then it was checking for roadworthy again.

Then he finally let me go. And he followed me to my street. I was just riding home normally, sensibly, and as I do every afternoon. I was polite to him through it all, as I always am.

As I said most are good. I know some. But the odd one out just want to get ya!

Have even had a cop try to tell me mate he shouldn't be giving his drunk mate a lift because 'if he drink drives its for me to intervene. Not you. Ffs if only more people had the sense to ring their mate when they were drunk! Would save so many lives!

As for old mate weapon charges that is just stupid!

My rant over

Cheers
    Wow! What a forking nutjob that cop this arvo was.......I'm amazed he passed the psych profile test with an attitude like that!
    Probably stalks women too......

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is one of a few people who I lucky I have good anger management skills!

Cheers
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realising that to update MudMap I need to fork out another $150.
    What a crock!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realising that to update MudMap I need to fork out another $150.
    What a crock!
    No good.. Spewing..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlton & United Breweries changing their COLD bottle size and alcohol content

2013-09-25-992.jpg

New one on left: 355ML - 3.5% ALC / VOL - 1 Standard drinks

Old one on right: 375ML - 4.0% ALC / VOL - 1.2 Standard drinks

Price - Exactly the same

Ar!e holes, think i'll now go back to drinking Jim Beam

Don't mess with a mans drinkin
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 147 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast