OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1395 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851393139413951396139714051445 ... LastLast
Results 13,941 to 13,950 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foof You Plasnart
    Thank You Winnie Old Mate, I NEED That System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Hmmm we have a you beaut reverse cycle ducted system through the house but haven't turned it on this year so far.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Yep we opted for a similar thing here. Never will go back to evaporative cooling again. I love ours, every room can be adjusted to suit, I can even run the system remotely via my phone. Evaps suck balls in humid weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna put on my faraday suit on for this... I'll go against the grain of most of you here fellas. lol
    I love our evap unit. If you're proactive with it and get the flow right, it's awesome. If we anticipate a humid day. You run it early. If you let the house warm up and then try and fight the heat, you've lost the battle already. Can run it all day and night using minimal juice and wake up without dry throat, nose and cough unlike most reverse and fridge units...
    /hide
    2005 TD42TI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

jay see (30th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wimps! We only use a fan. But to be fair, we are close enough to the coast to get the afternoon sea breeze.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th January 2022)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I'm gonna put on my faraday suit on for this... I'll go against the grain of most of you here fellas. lol
    I love our evap unit. If you're proactive with it and get the flow right, it's awesome. If we anticipate a humid day. You run it early. If you let the house warm up and then try and fight the heat, you've lost the battle already. Can run it all day and night using minimal juice and wake up without dry throat, nose and cough unlike most reverse and fridge units...
    /hide
    I think there are pro's and cons with both to be honest. The 'dongas' on site are fitted with refrigerant systems. They are necessary 24/7 to be honest, be it of hellish heat or sub zero winters, however the drawback is absolutely minimal fresh air integration and dehydration of that recirc air, ie, dry throat. I run a couple of cups of water in cups to try and balance the RH, however the smell from stale air drives me spare after a few days - but to exchange that air, I have to lose the tempered environment - catch 22. We dont have evap on site as the water is too hard and blocks everything up, plus RH swings from 5 - 95%, sometimes in a couple of days, so these dont work too well.

I think evap were the flavour in the 1970's when the melb weather was a lot hotter and drier, however its moderated to almost a northern NSW climate at times, much high RH. I will be installing a ducted refrigerant split system in the new house, hands down, and just persist with the cups of water in the bedroom for sleeping. Refrig a/c costs have come way down and their fitment is pretty simple as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /hide
    I'm with you Hodge.

I bit of planning and they work well. Its not uncommon for us to have it running for days on end. Turn it down at bedtime and crack it up in the morning.

Don't think they're making to last tho. My folks had one installed over 40 years ago and have only replaced the pads. Does require someone to go up empty, clean and refill the tank once a year, but still works very well.

The previous owner here installed a large evaporative system and a large split system. Obviously we're using the split now, it's nice and cold in the living area, but that's it.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Hodge (31st January 2022)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never thought I'd say this. But decades long reigning champ of the most incompetent circus of a company, Telstra, has been de-throned by none other, then their own circus act partner NBN. Coming from a customer point of view, and as a someone who works with their maintenance blokes (whom i deeply feel sorry for).
    I'm unsure whos worse. Their fresh off the boat, trained at a local milk bar installers or the back office toadstools pretending they know how to organise stuff.
    Has got to be the most dysfunctional company in a long sad history of bad companies. Other than privatisation horror show in the 90s, NBN has got to be Australias worst corporate disaster, by far and large.
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (31st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never thought I'd say this. But decades long reigning champ of the most incompetent circus of a company, Telstra, has been de-throned by none other, then their own circus act partner NBN. Coming from a customer point of view, and as a someone who works with their maintenance blokes (whom i deeply feel sorry for).
    I'm unsure whos worse. Their fresh off the boat, trained at a local milk bar installers or the back office toadstools pretending they know how to organise stuff.
    Has got to be the most dysfunctional company in a long sad history of bad companies. Other than privatisation horror show in the 90s, NBN has got to be Australias worst corporate disaster, by far and large.
    True story. The day I had NBN connected I was using the internet when the NBN delivery driver turned up. He goes and does his thing then when he said he was done I checked and had no connection. That's a problem at your end he says, I just connected you. I said WHEN YOU GOT HERE I HAD INTERNET AND NOW I DONT. YOU DONT LEAVE THIS PLACE TIL I'VE GOT INTERNET AGAIN. He fluffed around for maybe another hour and eventually got me back online but he was real flustered because he was now behind his daily quota for "connections". Goddam muppets.
    Last edited by Plasnart; 31st January 2022 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    This La Nina Southern Pacific Oscillation Pattern combined with a negative phase Indian Ocean Dipole cycle is the full whammy for a wet and muggy summer season my friend hence your evaporative air conditioning is next to useless this year. Stick your head in the fridge until our east and west oceanic oscillations oscillate once again and your evap cooler comes back into it's happy dry place again.

@Avo, shut up!
    I am disappointed and angry. La nina is a spanish word meaning “ the girl “ . We cannot have this kind of gender association. It must now be called La Non Binary Questioning weather pattern.
    Also the referral to the Indian Ocean is very offending. Please refer to it as the “south east asian subcontinental ocean” in future. 😂😂😂

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

MB (9th February 2022), Plasnart (31st January 2022), Rossco (31st January 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    True story. The day I had NBN connected I was using the internet when the NBN delivery driver turned up. He goes and does his thing then when he said he was done I checked and had no connection. That's a problem at your end he says, I just connected you. I said WHEN YOU GOT HERE I HAD INTERNET AND NOW I DONT. YOU DONT LEAVE THIS PLACE TIL I'VE GOT INTERNET AGAIN. He fluffed around for maybe another hour and eventually got me back online but he was real flustered because he was now behind his daily quota for "connections". Goddam muppets.
    Haha, yep when we had to be connected in our current residence the NBN guys had to dig a trench and no less than 300mm deep for around sixty meters. It took two of them all day using to what it looked to be a toy sized jack hammer. As our soil here is hardened clay which aint fun. I asked them why they did not use a trench digger, their response was the cost of the hire is not worth it.
    The following weekend I was cleaning up there mess in the driveway and something told me to check the depth of this trench. Well. I got as far as the second knuckle (sound like my first experience lol) and I hit the conduit. So after a few photos and a message to NBNco's FB page the same guys were back out the following week to dig it all up and re dig the trench at the required depth. Took them another two days to do it.
    Once they had done and I was to inspect it and make sure it was all done and right, my final words were I bet you wish you hired a trench digger. I did not receive the warming response I was hoping for. Lol.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (31st January 2022), Plasnart (31st January 2022)

Page 1395 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851393139413951396139714051445 ... LastLast