OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1264 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 26476411641214125412621263126412651266127413141364 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,640 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you being Sarcastic old mate?
    Y63 upcoming for me and a big bucket of wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th December 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Its the same old story MB, if you didn't carry it, they would blow, and the first time you forget to put them back under the seat, they will blow. Whats a repair bill on a cooked TD42?
    Happened to me a while back. Heading up to the Murray and blew the lower hose in Shepp. Public holiday and everyone shut. I had recently cleaned out the back of the car and forgot to put the hoses back in. Murphy's law hey.
    Lucky for me I had a roll of SOS tape, and this got me on my way safely without a drama.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (8th December 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies Mates!
    I’m a dickhead for misleading, on an old TD42 I believe that 3 belts and 4 hoses is the bare minimum to carry absolutely anywhere?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Wasting my hard earned dollars on purchasing emergency rubber crap for a 2,369km split highway adventure that never needed a single home safe now part :-(

Always carry spares on big trips and never thought i would need them but coming home from NT last year the belt tensioner bearing ceased and threw the serpentine belt in the middle of nowhere, was glad i had both in the spares kit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

MB (8th December 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pantyhose Tony mate, makes for a perfect Mrs steal 13A match although unfortunately you’re running a serpy good man

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

TPC (8th December 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    LOL. What in the f*** is this meant to mean ?

Oh yeah, definitely this. lol

Also, thought I'd point out the full eventful day's worth of story.
    Was on my way up north to camp, meet up with some work mates. Just out of Yea, cops didn't get a root the night before and were in a not nice mood. They charged up their 4x4 radar that morning, as I got flagged into one of their "nets", which already had a few cars in shiny yellow stickers, along with their unimpressed drivers organising tow trucks.

When it was my turn the first thing I copped was a fine for unsecured load on roof rack. I had a plank of timber 170cmx15cmx15cm secured inside the roof basket with 5 large electrical zippy ties. In his books that was not a secured load. Zippy ties were a no go. I showed him a bag of hellerman tyton large zippies I used with it's 50kg rating per tie, but he wasn't buying it. He wanted to see a rated rope or tie down straps or ratched straps...

Then he had a look around the vehicle and began eyeing off tyre protrusion out of the guards. For starters no way known are they protruding, and secondly even if it they are, only a bees cock of the side wall bulge sticks out a little bit, NOT the footprint of the tyre which is the bit that counts. He seemed to have strayed away that once I pointed it out.
    Then I could tell he began to be a little bit agitated as he could not find much on the car... And then BANG his eyes lit up. Where is your front mud flaps ? And I was cornered. Minor defect + unsecured load fine. Got the mudflaps fitted along with radius arm spacers to eliminate scrubbing a week later.

And the biggest kick in the guts, was on my way further north, 40 minutes prior to destination my mate calls me and says his car decided to retire for the day. Turned out to be a blown apart oil pump in the sump (zd30 common rail). And that was the end of the day/trip/weekend ...
    People like that make me wonder. They just want to enforce the power they have.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasting my hard earned dollars on purchasing emergency rubber crap for a 2,369km split highway adventure that never needed a single home safe now part :-(

Yep, I was on the way to work one day, out in the bush, in the old D40, serpentine belt snapped, cut through lower rad hose. I didn't have any spares, walked to the top of a hill and rang for a tow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (9th December 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my insurance renewal form today and it's gone up again. Now it's close to $400 more than it was two years ago.

Can anyone recommend comprehensive? I don't think I can afford DGA anymore.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmyboyjr4 For This Useful Post:

MB (11th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Away for work and got into Port Lincoln late so went to closest pub for dinner, they told me kitchen closed in 30 min so got my order in and paid for. After 40min and no meal I was getting really hungry so asked about my order, they forgot to pass on to kitchen and it was now closed.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Jimmyboyjr4 (11th December 2019), MB (11th December 2019), mudnut (10th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fit them to the car and carry the old ones as spares makes far better sense IMO but given you own more than 1 TD42 carrying that set every time you drive makes perfect sense.

I bought a set like that and it crossed the Simpson twice. It tracked to the Mouth of the Murray a couple of times.

I owned it for 5 years before I needed it and then I fitted it as a routine maintenance rather than a failure ansncarry the old kit now. Not a waste mate although I don't think you think that anyways.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (11th December 2019), MB (11th December 2019)

Page 1264 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 26476411641214125412621263126412651266127413141364 ... LastLast