OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1250 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 25075011501200124012481249125012511252126013001350 ... LastLast
Results 12,491 to 12,500 of 14478

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah i went for a big job a few months ago. I am 20 years in with the company i am with and above me a a flat line. I put 8 hours at least into the application and i believed it stood out as a strong application. I did not even get to first round. I was surprised. It would have been a career change at 50 but i was excited by this new venture. Oh Well, try and carve out what i have for another 15 years i suppose.
    Every job description they put out includes "must have excellent verbal and written communication skills" yet they don't tell the applicants that weren't successful they weren't successful, you just sit there wondering for ever with not a word mentioned.

#@$k'em.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (20th September 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Every job description they put out includes "must have excellent verbal and written communication skills" yet they don't tell the applicants that weren't successful they weren't successful, you just sit there wondering for ever with not a word mentioned.

#@$k'em.
    You should be able to ask for feedback from the interview mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rusty_nail; 20th September 2019 at 12:44 PM.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th September 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

#@$k'em.
    Yeah ARB did that to me when I went for an interview at their head office three years ago. The general manager asks why i want to work for ARB, so you just tell them what they want to hear. Then he asks what do I hope to get out of working for ARB. My response was, "your job, I don't intend on staying on in a low role, I intend to climb the ladder to the top". Needless to say the look on his face was priceless, and yep, they didn't bother telling me if I got the job.
    Just as well as I found out they pay was a measily $45k p/a, plus expected overtime. The job I have now leaves this for dust thank god.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its funny how we all seem to have been snared at one time or another. I drove down to Bairnsdale for an interview, in fact saw 6 different managers as part of the process then they lowballed me by 50K to what they advertised - 'oh no, we never intended to pay that, we just don't want to cut our selection pool so in order to get the best candidates, we set the pay banding high' - I kid you not, word for word. I stood up, thanked them for wasting my time and walked out - turkeys.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i'm going to try and forget the whole bloody thing now and just keep on going.
    i feel a bit of a loser coz I have to tell my kids I didn't get it, they still think i'm awesome and can do anything, i feel like i've let them down.
    but, as i said, f'kit, i'm going to try and forget the whole bloody thing now and just keep on going.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Its funny how we all seem to have been snared at one time or another. I drove down to Bairnsdale for an interview, in fact saw 6 different managers as part of the process then they lowballed me by 50K to what they advertised - 'oh no, we never intended to pay that, we just don't want to cut our selection pool so in order to get the best candidates, we set the pay banding high' - I kid you not, word for word. I stood up, thanked them for wasting my time and walked out - turkeys.
    There are some real bustards around. That's comlete shite PB.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (20th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well i'm going to try and forget the whole bloody thing now and just keep on going.
    i feel a bit of a loser coz I have to tell my kids I didn't get it, they still think i'm awesome and can do anything, i feel like i've let them down.
    but, as i said, f'kit, i'm going to try and forget the whole bloody thing now and just keep on going.
    Your Kids Know your Awesome mate. You dont need to apologise to them, they will understand and be as disappointed for you as you are.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (20th September 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Your Kids Know your Awesome mate. You dont need to apologise to them, they will understand and be as disappointed for you as you are.
    Thanks mate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (20th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently looking for a GU ute for work and soft roading so I can go full send on the farm ute.
    The prices people are advertising for are a joke. Ive seen a GQ wagon for $29.5K. Granted it had less than 100k km on the clock and looked brand new, a GQ leafy ute for $23K, rusty wagons with 500k km for 15K, Converted GU's with a chinese turbo and loaded with 4wd supercenter crap and rust for upwards of $30K. Absolut buckets for top dollar

Its a joke.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

Winnie (20th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    I'm currently looking for a GU ute for work and soft roading so I can go full send on the farm ute.
    The prices people are advertising for are a joke. Ive seen a GQ wagon for $29.5K. Granted it had less than 100k km on the clock and looked brand new, a GQ leafy ute for $23K, rusty wagons with 500k km for 15K, Converted GU's with a chinese turbo and loaded with 4wd supercenter crap and rust for upwards of $30K. Absolut buckets for top dollar

Its a joke.
    @MB got something Benny might be interested in that might just need some work?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rusty_nail; 20th September 2019 at 08:04 PM.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Page 1250 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 25075011501200124012481249125012511252126013001350 ... LastLast