OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1194 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411921193119411951196120412441294 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 14476

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Iphone has died @mb

Will not charge, going to take it to magic phone shop today lol
    If disconnecting doesn't work... clean the MAF and check the Trailer plug... otherwise time for a conversion mate
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (28th October 2018), PeeBee (28th October 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not angry, just a wee bit peeved, as I was not surprised at all with my discovery.
    So we’ve been promised by NBN Co since I moved in that we will get connected. They give us a date, the date passes and we get given a new date. Rinse and repeat 4times over.
    So they came out and dug 70 metres of trench and did their thing. Only thing is that their trench was barely 100mm in depth. Guess they’ll be coming back and doing it again.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

AB (28th October 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Not angry, just a wee bit peeved, as I was not surprised at all with my discovery.
    So we’ve been promised by NBN Co since I moved in that we will get connected. They give us a date, the date passes and we get given a new date. Rinse and repeat 4times over.
    So they came out and dug 70 metres of trench and did their thing. Only thing is that their trench was barely 100mm in depth. Guess they’ll be coming back and doing it again.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk
    Lead in trench depth to single swelling premise is min. 300mm .

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential...n-network.html

Quickly read the pdf .

Looks like to me they rushed it just to get a tick off their list.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (28th October 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, 600mm from memory, minimum, conduit should be laid on a bed of sand,50mm, then covered in 100mm sand, laid over the top should be a plastic tape red/white stripe from memory to alert to cable below, then back filled with 26mm minus stone and then native earth. Its pretty vulnerable on the edge of the driveway, let alone at 100mm deep.. I am guessing they couldn't be stuffed checking for deeper services so went this shallow. I know a contractor who does trenching work for the NBN and he goes at least 600mm, and not for engineering reasons, more because he gets paid by the metre and hour, so its in his interest to go deep and slow!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pffft... thats what you get from a team of 457 visas and a garden trowel.

If you leave some conduit exposed everyone can see it so you don't need warning tape

You would have got it cabled correctly if it was Aussies but on a beaut day like that they had all called in sick and went fishing
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th October 2018), PeeBee (28th October 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So reading the info, Mudski is responsible for the digging of the trench.

If your provider has advised that digging a trench is required to connect to the nbn™ access network, it's the premises owner's responsibility to organise a qualified person to dig a trench according to the specifications in the nbn™ Lead-in Trenching Requirements guide.

Did you organise the trench Mark or did the NBN contractor do it? I am unsure what the arrangement is.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    So reading the info, Mudski is responsible for the digging of the trench.

If your provider has advised that digging a trench is required to connect to the nbn™ access network, it's the premises owner's responsibility to organise a qualified person to dig a trench according to the specifications in the nbn™ Lead-in Trenching Requirements guide.

Did you organise the trench Mark or did the NBN contractor do it? I am unsure what the arrangement is.
    Not sure thats correct PeeBee. I'm under the impression that NBNCo have the responsibility to prove cable to a point at the "house" where the box is going to go.
    My neighbour got a similar visit and they asked him for permission to break some concrete if need be, in order to run the cable to the house from kerb. So they were doing the whole job.

I was there helping Mark fit his rear Patrol bar on, when the bloke from NBN showed up and said we're coming next week to dig the trench and whatever else has to be done to get you hooked up.

EDIT:
    BUT.......... who knows. Mudski may get a bill for the job somewhere down the line. I would not be surprised one bit.
    2005 TD42TI

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th October 2018), PeeBee (28th October 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The text above is clear Hodgey, if the process is followed, the house owner runs the trench from the boundary to the connection point where the cable enters the house itself. However, the NBN has probably hit the hurdle that owners either cant be stuffed doing it, paying for it or organising it, so the NBN contractor runs it anyway. This quote is a direct cut and paste of the doc you put up, which is a good one for sure.

Either way, its not to the required standard, so an interesting conversation tomorrow no doubt!
    Last edited by PeeBee; 28th October 2018 at 06:28 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th October 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    The text above is clear Hodgey, if the process is followed, the house owner runs the trench from the boundary to the connection point where the cable enters the house itself. However, the NBN has probably hit the hurdle that owners either cant be stuffed doing it, paying for it or organising it, so the NBN contractor runs it anyway. This quote is a direct cut and paste of the doc you put up, which is a good one for sure.
    It is definitely contradicting to whats happened at Mark's place. But maybe they just wanted the job done and tick it off the list to close off the area.
    My whole estate where I live is done except the "too hard basket" premises, including me and a few others in the street.
    2005 TD42TI

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th October 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NBN has to do the trench in most cases.
    The owner has to do some/all trenching only if they are relocating or adding services.

But, either way that trench isn't Mudski's issue... if outside the boundary

You must not dig the trench outside the boundary of your premises, e.g. in a public footway, roadway or in neighbouring premises. Trenching outside your premises is subject to land access code requirements and is nbn's responsibility.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 28th October 2018 at 06:39 PM.

Page 1194 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411921193119411951196120412441294 ... LastLast