OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1090 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 905909901040108010881089109010911092110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,900 of 14475

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see this happen all the time, but today it really really tipped me over...

Supermarket checkout.
    Long, peak-hour line. Everybody is hot and bothered, and people just want to pay for things, get out of there and go home.
    This particular lady, in front of me, had the least amount of things on the conveyor. Throughout the whole wait, which is probably 5+ minutes, shes been doing whatever on the phone.
    Finally, shes at the front. The checkout girl greets her. No response. Shes too busy with her face buried in her iPhones screen. My blood pressure rises...
    After the girl scanned 3 or 4 of her items, she gives her the finally tally. No response. The girl has another go... And she finally looks up. "Oh how much?
    The girl has to repeat it for the third time. My blood begins to boil...
    Then, she begins to slowly rummage through her hand bag, all while her phone is still in her hand... Finally after around 20 seconds finds her wallet. Then the rummaging through the wallet begins. Another 20-30 seconds later oh she finds her card. Ooops Wrong card. That was her husbands depleted credit card, she informs everybody. NO sorry, no nothing. At this stage I am seeing red and ready for calamity.
    Finally, we have redemption, she finds the right card. Payment is finalized.
    But wait, it doesn't end there...
    Then while she is still at the counter, she begins to slowly tuck the card away into the wallet. And then the wallet into the hand bag. Another 15-20 seconds...

I have a very short temper, but today I held back and said nothing. I just wanted to pay and go home...

Would you not, get your self organized and get cash or whatever ready prior to having to pay, instead of glueing your face to the screen???? You've only had 5 minutes in the queue. And after you've paid, move the f*** away and tuck your husbands cards away, let other people have a chance to pay for stuff!!!
    This especially happens in drive throughs. People wait a while in their cars a while nudging forward, and only begin looking for cash at the very last moment.
    What the f*** have you been doing for the past few minutes?!! Zoned out?!

We live in such a self centered society these days, where some people just do not give two f**** about anybody else. They think everything rotates around them like planetary gears.

/rant over
    2005 TD42TI

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bob (18th January 2018), jack (18th January 2018), katwoman (18th January 2018), NissanGQ4.2 (19th January 2018), TPC (19th January 2018), Winnie (18th January 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar experience today.
    Was not game to say anything as I would have exploded.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post

Supermarket checkout.
    Long, peak-hour line. Everybody is hot and bothered, and people just want to pay for things, get out of there and go home.
    This particular lady, in front of me, had the least amount of things on the conveyor. Throughout the whole wait, which is probably 5+ minutes, shes been doing whatever on the phone.
    Finally, shes at the front. The checkout girl greets her. No response. Shes too busy with her face buried in her iPhones screen. My blood pressure rises...
    After the girl scanned 3 or 4 of her items, she gives her the finally tally. No response. The girl has another go... And she finally looks up. "Oh how much?
    Then, she begins to slowly rummage through her hand bag, all while her phone is still in her hand... Finally after around 20 seconds finds her wallet. Then the rummaging through the wallet begins. Another 20-30 seconds later oh she finds her card. Ooops Wrong card. That was her husbands depleted credit card, she informs everybody. NO sorry, no nothing. At this stage I am seeing red and ready for calamity.
    Then while she is still at the counter, she begins to slowly tuck the card away into the wallet. And then the wallet into the hand bag. Another 15-20 seconds...

I have a very short temper, but today I held back and said nothing. I just wanted to pay and go home...

Would you not, get your self organized and get cash or whatever ready prior to having to pay, instead of glueing your face to the screen???? You've only had 5 minutes in the queue. And after you've paid, move the f*** away and tuck your husbands cards away, let other people have a chance to pay for stuff!!!
    This especially happens in drive throughs. People wait a while in their cars a while nudging forward, and only begin looking for cash at the very last moment.

We live in such a self centered society these days, where some people just do not give two f**** about anybody else. They think everything rotates around them like planetary gears.

/rant over
    Never go to the supermarket if you want to get in and out in under 30 mins , or a doctor for that matter , I will die one day from something or another but it will never be stress related I'm too old to give a shit about inconsiderate arseholes and cue jumpers and I believe in Karma which so far has proven what comes around goes around .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Hodge (18th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supermarket checkout.

/rant over
    I recently spent several hours taking $2 off folk for car parking at a festival. 95% of folk were friendly & appreciative of the service I gave, many took the time to have a bit of a yak, albeit briefly, some even offered me blueberries, strawberries, lollies etc. Most had their correct money ready. A few needed a few moments to find the money but yep there were a tiny minority who seemed totally oblivious to the world around them, so much so I wondered at times just why they had bothered coming & indeed how on earth they had managed to get there. These were the folk for whom a jovial & friendly greeting/welcome to the festival had no meaning whatsoever. Not sure if it was that they thought everything revolved around THEM, or just that they were huddled inside their own mentally constructed barricades like prisoners.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Hodge (18th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Supermarket checkout.

/rant over
    Third world issues mate ....... Everyone is in too much of a hurry these days, chill out, slow down and don't let little crap get to you.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (18th January 2018), Hodge (18th January 2018), Touses (19th January 2018)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supermarket checkout.

/rant over
    I had this sort of thing at a supermarket a few weeks back. There were the typical slow ass delays as this person couldn't move & breath at the same time. Then it came to paying. It looked like they were going to be $1 - $2 bucks short. I was all ready to give them the money just so they could get out of the checkout & could get the bloody hell out of that damn store.

Bloody people, they'd be OK if they weren't all people.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

Rossco (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Happy 2 say a BIG absolutely nothing today...... started work early 4am instead of the usual 6am and left work at 11am instead of the usual 1pm Friday knock off so I could try and avoid picking the kids up in the heat of the day due 2 no air con.......

Kids picked up from my parents ( they are looking after them during the school holidays while me and my partner are working ).

Quick stop at my local fastener supplier ( whom I used 2 work for 8 odd years ago ) 2 see if they could match a thread size for a crap plastic air relief valve on the lint filter lid for the pool that I snapped off over tightening a few days ago and the localish pool shop said no one has ever asked 4 one and didn't even know if they could order one in........ Got a stainless steel bolt 2day the same size from the fastener supplier and the pump is back up and running now

Quick stop at the local IGA and then local green grocer for a bbq chook and some salad stuff 4 dinner.....

And now.......

20180119_143608.jpg

20180119_144733.jpg

Bottoms Up all
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (19th January 2018), PeeBee (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Happy 2 say a BIG absolutely nothing today...... started work early 4am instead of the usual 6am and left work at 11am instead of the usual 1pm Friday knock off so I could try and avoid picking the kids up in the heat of the day due 2 no air con.......

Kids picked up from my parents ( they are looking after them during the school holidays while me and my partner are working ).

Quick stop at my local fastener supplier ( whom I used 2 work for 8 odd years ago ) 2 see if they could match a thread size for a crap plastic air relief valve on the lint filter lid for the pool that I snapped off over tightening a few days ago and the localish pool shop said no one has ever asked 4 one and didn't even know if they could order one in........ Got a stainless steel bolt 2day the same size from the fastener supplier and the pump is back up and running now

Quick stop at the local IGA and then local green grocer for a bbq chook and some salad stuff 4 dinner.....

And now.......

20180119_143608.jpg

20180119_144733.jpg

Bottoms Up all
    I can see by the pics, that you were never fully weaned off of the bottle
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Avo (19th January 2018), NissanGQ4.2 (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I can see by the pics, that you were never fully weaned off of the bottle
    Nope, the bottle just got better as I aged
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post

Bottoms Up all
    So spark plugs are not the only thing you over tighten?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (19th January 2018)

Page 1090 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 905909901040108010881089109010911092110011401190 ... LastLast