OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1088 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810861087108810891090109811381188 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 14475

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Hodge, same problem here 08 CRD. Noticed it approx 4-5 yrs back, coming from behind timing cover at the top of mating face against eng block. Travels down thru and drips off below A/C unit, onto front axle/diff housing and then to ground. Appears approx 36 hrs after veh sitting (mainly in colder months). If driven daily probable would go unnoticed. Cause, yes, dissimilar metals either side of gasket (different expansion / contraction rates), metal gasket cannot accommodate separation and then leak occurs. Think they use a flexible gasket material now (silicon or polyurethane, not sure)

I torqued up the bolts, put a mild solution of stop leak thru, stopped after 6 mths and now only leaks occasionally. I just keep an eye on it as do not loose much coolant (approx 20ml / mth), just annoying.

What did you end up doing or did it take up overtime?
    Hey there mate. Mine went to Nissan and got it fixed. That's where the service manager told me they do 2-3 of them a month. Mine was done under the stat. warranty from the yard I bought mine from, so I got lucky there. I can't say what the labour was worth, as I haven't dealt with the paper work side, but it took them 3 days to do it.
    And they broke a few other things in the process... Collateral damage.

I should also mention, that when I was doing the rounds for this job to get done, a few mechanics told me to not bother fixing it... Just keep an eye on it and top up as required unless it is seriously bad. It can be a hefty job depending on how they attack it. Some even mentioned taking the motor out. The motor came out on my one as they put in a set of new engine mounts in the process.
    Last edited by Hodge; 9th January 2018 at 06:36 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    ET, for info before I tried repair (timing cover leak), probable lost 100ml over a two week period, but mainly in colder months. Could go 3 wks and loose none. Was not consistent with my issue.
    This !!!
    As I mentioned in my initial post. My leak was mostly evident during cooler months. Summer time I hardly lost any.
    2005 TD42TI

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Not happy Jan, my turn to rant!!!

Just bought a bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz, got home and It's vinegar!

Can I throw this back at my local IGA for a refund or is it suck it up princess?

Pretty pissed right now, I was looking forward to that tonight, sad panda!!!
    Take it back and they will refund you or exchange - i am sure of that. If by some stupid chance they push back, open the bottle and get them to taste it - out of curiosity is it a screw top or cork?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

AB (9th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Take it back and they will refund you or exchange - i am sure of that. If by some stupid chance they push back, open the bottle and get them to taste it - out of curiosity is it a screw top or cork?
    Yeah screw top mate. Not many corkys left anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can I throw this back at my local IGA for a refund or is it suck it up princess?

Simple Andy.
    Definitely take it back mate. Product not fit for purpose. Your money. Not what you paid for.
    2005 TD42TI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

AB (9th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deepest apologies mate!
    Sorting through our grocery bag run just now and we can’t find our Oyster Sauce?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (9th January 2018), GQtdauto (9th January 2018), PeeBee (9th January 2018), Plasnart (10th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Hey there mate. Mine went to Nissan and got it fixed. That's where the service manager told me they do 2-3 of them a month. Mine was done under the stat. warranty from the yard I bought mine from, so I got lucky there. I can't say what the labour was worth, as I haven't dealt with the paper work side, but it took them 3 days to do it.
    And they broke a few other things in the process... Collateral damage.

I should also mention, that when I was doing the rounds for this job to get done, a few mechanics told me to not bother fixing it... Just keep an eye on it and top up as required unless it is seriously bad. It can be a hefty job depending on how they attack it. Some even mentioned taking the motor out. The motor came out on my one as they put in a set of new engine mounts in the process.
    Since learning what the problem was and the repair cost as it was all new news (of course) to the local Nissan guy around here. I decided not to pull it down (eng out) and just keep an eye on it...Sometime minor things are best left alone as there is always a risk of something else going wrong as a consequence of pulling things down.

I recon these Nissan Tech guys would go broke if they worked in their own workshops. I only let them do up to the 10,000 k service on mine as I was so disgusted in the half crap job they did in an attempt to fix my auto hubs "Not fix em". 8 wks they had veh for and they even went as far as doing a rebuild of the gearbox, what a joke. Sorted out myself. Do my own work/service.

Must say did have some joy last yr with Nissan as they replaced my 08 GU moon cratered dash. They supplied dash and I paid $700 install. But yes they damaged the plastic spool of the key reader (of course they say not) and they left screws out. I fixed the reader thank goodness (polyurethane adhesive) and I am sure they must have a massive drum of left over fasteners.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 7,984 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always worried about opening a bad bottle so I keep an extra 15doz bottles around just to be safe.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Avo (9th January 2018), Maxhead (10th January 2018), MB (12th January 2018), Plasnart (10th January 2018), Winnie (10th January 2018), Yeti's Beast (11th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had a near miss!

Bloke coming down the road with a camper and as he took the bend his swing away came out and in my lane.

No where to go, Armco barriers each side and me waving me hands trying to point and do some kind of swing away charades.

He luckily saw me about 10m from my car and did a swerve which bought the arm back around a bit.

Was a pretty impressive move actually, bloody lucky!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (11th January 2018), GQtdauto (11th January 2018), MB (12th January 2018), Touses (11th January 2018), TPC (11th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a near miss!

Bloke coming down the road with a camper and as he took the bend his swing away came out and in my lane.

No where to go, Armco barriers each side and me waving me hands trying to point and do some kind of swing away charades.

He luckily saw me about 10m from my car and did a swerve which bought the arm back around a bit.

Was a pretty impressive move actually, bloody lucky!

Geez mate a dash cam image to the coppers would've sorted the prick so he couldn't do it to anyone else .

Page 1088 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810861087108810891090109811381188 ... LastLast