OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1036 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610341035103610371038104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,360 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I need to vent...

The council have been pretty good to us so far in regards to our current issue we are having which a lot of you guys know about. They have given us a few extensions whilst we try and get a strong case together so we can hit these mofo's hard, giving them zero chance of winning a court battle. But now it seems they are turning. They want to inspect our property to see what works have been done. I told them theres no point as virtually zero has been done as we simply cannot afford the 5.1k for the drainage repairs. But they want to come so they are...
    So I get outside today and thought I will see what I can do myself so atleast it looks like things are moving faster. I then find another down pipe that is NOT connected to the storm water, they ( previous owners) had just put an end piece on the down pipe and covered it with garden mulch. So the council officer who inspected the property didn't find this. Then I go to where this down pipe is suppose to be going, joining up with the down pipe at the front of the house. I start digging only to find the 90mm pipe is all busted and they had just covered it over aswell!
    So. Now we have to call the plumber back in to requote, and then I have to ring our solicitor and tell him thats theres going to be more coin to chase. I'm guessing another 1k in extra repairs here.

I seriously cannot wait until this is over.
    Can't the council be held accountable to some degree for not performing a thorough inspection?....... Bloody bullcrap you're having to go through is unbelievable bud

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be worth getting the plumber to run an inspection camera, just to eliminate any other possible issues.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Thats pretty farked @mudski.
    Hopefully you get the a holes by the balls in time..
    We'll be getting these assholes don't worry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Can't the council be held accountable to some degree for not performing a thorough inspection?....... Bloody bullcrap you're having to go through is unbelievable bud
    Well, I will be telling the council of these extra issues I found so they can put it on there report. More evidence for me at court time....
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Would it be worth getting the plumber to run an inspection camera, just to eliminate any other possible issues.

Yeah we have the plumber coming out tomorrow arvo, I will be suggesting this to him.

We have been told too by our solicitor that its actually a criminal offense to not adhere to council requests. So big fines and even jail time in some cases. Wow! We basically said to the council that we were not aware of these issues and not aware of the building notice on the property prior to us buying at auction. And we basically had done our nuts in purchasing the place and simply do not have the money to get this fixed right now, and we have to put this through the right legal rings to get it sorted.

And to top it off, the real estate agent who sold the hose said to my face that he knew of some drainage issues but not of the notice. I said ok I believe you, but I will find out of your lying. Guess what? He lied, and I have documented proof. So I am wondering if we are entitled to some sort of compensation now aswell. Only because if the auctioneer stated this council issue at auction time, no doubt the price wouldn't have gone as high as it did. So this is something I need to speak to my solicitor about.

I just really want to get the agent in trouble and fined really though. As the prick lied to my face about it. I am so tempted to stop by his office and just say to him. "I told you I would find out". Just to see his face would be gold. But doing that may impact on the case so I wont. But so wanna do it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Clunk (6th August 2017), TPC (6th August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A current affair...

We got to that stage. Had them come out and interview us, but the others that were also affected pulled out.

12/97 GEE YOU

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    A current affair...

We got to that stage. Had them come out and interview us, but the others that were also affected pulled out.

I despise that show and what ever the other one is. I just glass the carnt instead. Lol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I despise that show and what ever the other one is. I just glass the carnt instead. Lol.
    Once it's all done and dusted.

Name and shame the pricks all of them.

12/97 GEE YOU

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (6th August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Dom, this Forum has been going since May 2010 and i have been a member here since the 25th of June 2010. I have been a Mod here since 2012. The great thing about this forum is the Lack of animosity, the Lack of confrontation, the Lack of agro and the Lack of Soapbox behaviour. As a Mod my job is nearly non-existent, the members police themselves and everyone gets along. I have met some great people from this forum and expect many of them to be life long friends. Thats why I'm here and thats why guys keep coming back here. The camaraderie and friendship. Based around a past time of common interested being Patrols and camping and touring.

I am all for Healthy Debate. constructive discussions that provide a positive outcome for the members. The underlying point always must be though is to make sure it is positively constructive for the Forum and the members. Members come here and come here often because they trust that this is a community that they are comfortable in without having to be accountable necessarily.

Your recent threads have brought to the forum not a Positively Constructive debate IMO. It is all well and good to say 'Scroll past" "You don't have to read it" "ignore the thread" but there are many many members that find it difficult to do that. They log on and the thread is at the top of the "Whats New" page and over the last few weeks has drawn considerable traffic, a large percentage of it has been negative feedback from the members. Your response to that is to then quote each and every one of the responses individually and challenge the responses with your Ideology. I would say bordering on Political. i could find the definition of Political in the threads. Ideology and Activism for an ideological agenda.

The threads have not been constructive debate but rather disruptive and i have read many responses from members that arnt happy with the threads or the opinions and its counterproductive.

I would prefer to log on to the forum and see 1 page of Whats New all constructive and in good faith positive towards the members and the membership. To log on and find 2 threads sitting at the top of the whats new full of angst and members on the back foot because your challenging their ideologies and rigorously dictating what could be considered an extreme way of life (Vegan) is disappointing to say the least.

To log onto this thread and find you suggesting that this forum is Rascist and intolerant rocks me to my core. I take particular offence to that. This has Nothing to do with Race or Culture. Step back and take a breathe mate. you are out of line.

I moderated your original Vegan Thread because it was creating animosity and unnecessary unrest. Your a Vegan, i get it, don't come here and preach Vegan. feel free to choose Vegan. Feel free to let everyone else choose not to be vegan. Its interesting that if you had a post count of 10 when you started your Vegan thread i would have seen you as a Spammer and Banned you.... I removed a Thread that was causing issues with way more members that it was helping. I am not sure how that makes me a Soft Cock Patrol Owner but such is Life. I removed your other thread too because i felt it was going to do exactly the same thing. Blow out and create Angst.

Your Welcome here, Your welcome to start threads and discuss topics. Patrol or Not Patrol threads is not really the issue, you can't draw a parallel between a cooking thread about Camp Ovens and a thread about the fundamental belief in Veganism and its doctrine. Deal with it mate sorry.

I have spent more time being a Mod in the last month than in the last 5 years. The hidden message?? Don't claim Free Speech and everyone has a right to post anything, not quite true. nearly but not quite. We do have a Family orientation and an expectation of positive contributions to the forum.

AB is the Admin and the Owner of this forum and has the final word on every single thread. He rarely steps in. He has the final word on your parked threads.

I write this on good faith mate, i am not here for a debate and won't enter into one. This forum Rarely Ever Moderates the members and Rarely removes threads from open discussion, i can think of less than 5 in 7 years (including 2 of yours). Not a bad average IMO. Be here is Good Faith and the forum will remain healthy.
    Hey Darren,

Ok, I admit I was bit out of line when I accused the 'forum' rather than accusing the individual of racism. Please accept my apologies on that, and that goes for nice folks I've met in this forum who's got nothing to do with racist crap.

I do understand it is quite probable to irritate some when I post threads that could've posted in the pub forum etc rather than opening a separate thread for that. I imagine folks who wanna 'lighthearted conversation' might get irritated when a seemingly 'serious' conversation pops up in the "what's new" section, initiated by me. But, believe me, some threads have to have it's own thread, rather than being a part of an existing thread, so I can either post it or not post it,

Yes, I was bit too hasty to reply to folks who hasn't gota clue where I come from or who I am in that particular subject, so I might have been irritating in that regards. Yes, I need to picture the other folks in the other end who can't possibly know all my reasons and manage my replies accordingly.

About keeping the forum off any political debates? That is your right. Bear in mind though, you are being political when you end up deleting my threads 'cos the core group are irritated by threads or the way I am 'too hasty' at replying back. By your very effort to keep the forum non political & friendly, you can and will end up being political, but rather in smaller scale, so it may be acceptable to you and the folks who are irritated by me. But, that's my problem, not yours. Forum belongs to the owner(s) and the core group whether I like it or not, again my problem, not yours. My point with that 'rant' is that if the forum grows in numbers and influence, I can rest assure you it will be more and more political to the point of affecting and having to deal with political crap outside the forum which may or may not have anything to do with 4WD'ing.

I do take your points above me being 'bit too inflammatory', but in my "defence", some of the folks that were whining about me and my posts were bringing in a baggage related to me that has nothing to do with threads got deleted, but my past posts in the other forum(which weren't popular, and that was my intention as well).

I am not here to win a popularity contest or out of desperation to make friends, but I really do appreciate few friends I have here.

I have nothing against you deleting that damn "vegan thread". If you were able to foresee it turning ugly then that's fine.

I'm only crossed about deleting the " You're not your genetics. It's epigenetics too", which was a poorly calculated decision on your part.
    That thread morphed into a lighthearted conversation and was going fine until you gave into somebody's whinging.
    Your choice to delete/park the thread is a sign of playing politics that you purported to be not in favour of.
    It sounded like(to me) you or Andy were waiting for a reason to pull the 'non Patroling threads' by me out of the forum, be it political or otherwise(unless it is lighthearted and acceptable to simple pleasures like booze, chicks or of course 4wd'ing)

I agree with your comment about "free speech". There is no such thing here or anywhere else for that matter.
    Forum admin/owner had the final say for sure. It is no democracy and doesn't need to be either.
    You are within your rights to practice dictatorship on me, as I am not paying a monthly subscription fee atm.

Again, let me reiterate, I'm not crossed about deleting the damn vegan thread, but deleting a harmless & non offending thread(as mentioned above). If you did that to satisfy few nincompoops or 'cos it's bit too much for you to moderate any future crap, then it is not a good enough reason for me. But, I do understand as I am not in a monthly subscription paying core group, so I shouldn't have any rights.

Again, sorry about my racist accusation. That wasn't fair for many of the decent folks here who were generous and treated me decently. So, I apologize.
    Last edited by dom14; 6th August 2017 at 05:06 AM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Attachment 72769
    Only issue here is that you're feeding the trolls yourself with your troll enlightening post above.
    You're miserably failing in your mission to not feed any trolls 'cos your post above itself is trolling in it's own right.
    Try PMs next time, unless your mission here is to "stir the pot" which this forum is claiming to be not a good place for.
    IF you give a damn about "happiness" of this forum, stick with PMs, just for the sake of following your own advice.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Looking back on everything and I'm sorry mate you didn't see the thread.
    I can post everything from beginning to end, so everybody can see who's trolling who.

Hey, I do understand I have my flaws with wanting to reply to most of the posts that I don't agree with in my threads.
    But, you have a policy of not wanting anything that can cause debates or unrest. I respect that.

But, do you realize you are only whining about two threads here where I am not the abuser but the instigator of a debate that
    turned crap 'cos it didn't 'belong' here in this forum for whatever the reason? Prior to that I have no memory of posting anything
    inflammatory in this forum 'cos I sensed the culture here is to keep things 'cool' and not to discuss anything other than 'soft' subjects.

No serious or semi-serious subjects here under any circumstances. I get it.

Dom was clearly an internet troll.
    Seriously??!!
    Isn't that 'grand'?!!
    I've never posted anything controversial, irritable or even debatable in this forum, let alone threads on any serious subjects up until couple of weeks ago. I've spent countless hours documenting tech stuff so the members in this forum can benefit from it as I benefited from their work.
    Sure I lost my plot in a single thread by not realizing the audience here have no time for it.

I've joined this forum nearly six years ago & have never posted anything potentially abrasive until those two threads above, or rather the single thread above.
    What a 'troll' I have been!!!

You can accuse me of posting too many threads and posts in last month though. Guilty as charged. No doubt that's been annoying the crap out of you and many.
    Last edited by dom14; 6th August 2017 at 07:03 AM.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moving on... I'm clutching at straws here to find something to be angry about, but I've finally been pre-approved for our Home loan, for the past two weeks. however there are bugger all house available at the moment!! We looked at several yesterday but none were really in ideal areas/suburbs we really wanted to live in and although we really want to buy a house etc were not going to rush into something, just because that's all that's available this month.

Sent from my BV7000 Pro using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Clunk (6th August 2017), GQtdauto (6th August 2017), Maxhead (6th August 2017), MB (6th August 2017), mudski (6th August 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (6th August 2017), Rossco (6th August 2017), Winnie (6th August 2017)

Page 1036 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610341035103610371038104610861136 ... LastLast