OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1008 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 10,071 to 10,080 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Vendor is responsible. He should have said something to their estate agent but chose not too. The agent and conveyencer wouldn't have know anything about it. Its not mandatory to get building inspections done pre purchase, we did however get one done, we knew of some of the issues that council have raised, but it is beside the point. Council have gone through and want everything to have a gutters and storm water connection. Even the lean too on the granny flat which is barely 1.5m wide by 1m long. Water barely drips of it when it rains its that small.
    I can see us losing this, even though we shouldn't, so I guess we'll just be ripping the roof off the carport, the pergola and the lean too and just fix the bare essentials. As we simply dont have this kind of coin to get this stuff done.
    Hmm, if it's not mandatory to get the inspection done like it is in ACT and you got the building inspection done on your own accord then the conveyancer is at fault again if the inspection report was passed on to them prior to sign off.

What am I missing here? You should not be up for the cost!

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    Hmm, if it's not mandatory to get the inspection done like it is in ACT and you got the building inspection done on your own accord then the conveyancer is at fault again if the inspection report was passed on to them prior to sign off.

What am I missing here? You should not be up for the cost!
    No the inspection reports aren't passed onto the Conveyencer. This is done privately between the potential buyer and the building inspector. Think of if kinda like getting a car your wanting to buy checked over by a mechanic prior to purchasing. The inspector give you a report with a list of things they find.
    Our conveyencer wont talk to us anyway. I told her whats happened, I got her to email the vendors conveyencer with all the details, and that was it. No return emails, no return phone calls, I then went into her office, she saw me and took off in another direction and would come out to see me.
    And no. We shouldn't be up for the cost, as what the vendor has done is not right. But from the five companies I spoke to today, in trying to get some help with the matter, all said, yeah he's in the wrong, but the cost of chasing him will probably outweigh the 5k cost for repairs. Which really sucks as this means we will more than likely give up as we cant afford this, and this idiot will again, get away with something. I recently found out our first issue with the rubbish left behind that the reals estate agent ended up paying out of their own pocket for the skip. As they vendor simply said no, and would budge.
    I seriously reckon if i saw this joker walking down the street I would clock him. My blood boils every time I think of this shit we are going through and I think of him. Which has been everyday so far. The stress is put on my family, my wife is stressing out big time, the kids are too as they see us talking about it the entire time as its pretty much consumed us. They know now that their promised trampoline for their birthdays isn't going to happen now. They said to us they understand, but I know they are disappointed.

We just want this to end the way it should. But just trying to get help, is a right pain. I thought of VCAT. But I don't know how much "pull" they have with this legal stuff. But its way cheaper than a lawyer. So tomorrow I will be spending my day making calls.
    After all the shit we are going though. I still love where I live. And have no regrets on our purchase. Its just the scum in life that make things bad for others....
    Time for another bottle of red.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No the inspection reports aren't passed onto the Conveyencer. This is done privately between the potential buyer and the building inspector. Think of if kinda like getting a car your wanting to buy checked over by a mechanic prior to purchasing. The inspector give you a report with a list of things they find.
    Our conveyencer wont talk to us anyway. I told her whats happened, I got her to email the vendors conveyencer with all the details, and that was it. No return emails, no return phone calls, I then went into her office, she saw me and took off in another direction and would come out to see me.
    And no. We shouldn't be up for the cost, as what the vendor has done is not right. But from the five companies I spoke to today, in trying to get some help with the matter, all said, yeah he's in the wrong, but the cost of chasing him will probably outweigh the 5k cost for repairs. Which really sucks as this means we will more than likely give up as we cant afford this, and this idiot will again, get away with something. I recently found out our first issue with the rubbish left behind that the reals estate agent ended up paying out of their own pocket for the skip. As they vendor simply said no, and would budge.
    I seriously reckon if i saw this joker walking down the street I would clock him. My blood boils every time I think of this shit we are going through and I think of him. Which has been everyday so far. The stress is put on my family, my wife is stressing out big time, the kids are too as they see us talking about it the entire time as its pretty much consumed us. They know now that their promised trampoline for their birthdays isn't going to happen now. They said to us they understand, but I know they are disappointed.

We just want this to end the way it should. But just trying to get help, is a right pain. I thought of VCAT. But I don't know how much "pull" they have with this legal stuff. But its way cheaper than a lawyer. So tomorrow I will be spending my day making calls.
    After all the shit we are going though. I still love where I live. And have no regrets on our purchase. Its just the scum in life that make things bad for others....
    Time for another bottle of red.
    Mate if you do not have to get an inspection reports prior to purchase then it looks like you're on your own.
    We have a very different system to prevent this kind of crap but you are down south in Mexico so....
    I still can't believe this shit!

Did you get the report and scrutinised it before signing on the dotted line?

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just re read the post, the car example sux and means you are furked mate.

................on the road

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I seriously can't believe anyone in Vic would purchase a property without a proper building, pest and energy inspection

Not having a go at you -Mark but this is not right

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    I seriously can't believe anyone in Vic would purchase a property without a proper building, pest and energy inspection

Not having a go at you -Mark but this is not right

Yeah we had the building and pest inspection on this place and two others. Energy is pretty much unheard of here. But we knew this place is as energy efficient as a Nasa rocket ship. Like I said, we knew of some of the issues, I have already fixed one of them myself and am in the process of starting on the next.
    The issue is, the vendor has done wrong, again, and will probably get away with it. Again.

Ah well. I just needed to vent! Again. Once its over, which ever way it turns out, I will be happy its over.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (19th June 2017), Rossco (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah we had the building and pest inspection on this place and two others. Energy is pretty much unheard of here. But we knew this place is as energy efficient as a Nasa rocket ship. Like I said, we knew of some of the issues, I have already fixed one of them myself and am in the process of starting on the next.
    The issue is, the vendor has done wrong, again, and will probably get away with it. Again.

Ah well. I just needed to vent! Again. Once its over, which ever way it turns out, I will be happy its over.
    Yeah good luck man, try and hit the conveyors for it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

mudski (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark. We went through a similar thing when we built our last place.

We got f@$ked over by the system. VCAT will only place an order, then it's up to you to chase the a$$holes. Even the Sheriff's department was useless and everything has to be served. It was over 10 years ago now, but still pisses me off every time I think about it. We lost so much.

All I can suggest is do what you need to and try not to stress out.
    Unfortunately the system protects the scumbags.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (19th June 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vendor is responsible. He should have said something to their estate agent but chose not too. The agent and conveyencer wouldn't have know anything about it. Its not mandatory to get building inspections done pre purchase, we did however get one done, we knew of some of the issues that council have raised, but it is beside the point. Council have gone through and want everything to have a gutters and storm water connection. Even the lean too on the granny flat which is barely 1.5m wide by 1m long. Water barely drips of it when it rains its that small.
    I can see us losing this, even though we shouldn't, so I guess we'll just be ripping the roof off the carport, the pergola and the lean too and just fix the bare essentials. As we simply dont have this kind of coin to get this stuff done.
    Will the council accept alternative rainwater control. Maybe a gravel/pebble bed with ag pipe.Or troughs/ponds on the ground.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Another camping rant but I took the kids out today to Toolangi on the hunt for a good spot to camp.

Found beautiful hidden spots on the river which had glass everywhere, broken camp chairs, burnt camp chairs, rubbish and human shit and paper scattered 10m from sites.

We're going to lose our little local spots one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That make me rage too. I posted up a pic on the Aussie 4wd Tracks Vic FB page of a camp ground that some dickheads decided to make their personal donut pad. Absolutely torn this place apart. While most agreed with me, there was the few that posted up comments and obviously dont give a rats and do this stuff themselves.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Rossco (20th June 2017)

Page 1008 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010101810581108 ... LastLast