OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1188 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 188688108811381178118611871188118911901198 ... LastLast
Results 11,871 to 11,880 of 12017

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

In Moderation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks guys. Going in tomorrow to have a look around. It’s further to travel too for work. But all I can think of is how better off financially we would be. Base salary is 105k, plus car, phone ,plus bonuses! The guy I would be replacing, which is a person I worked with years ago, cashed in 140k last year. Fuck! Earning even semi close to six figures is in my wildest dreams.
    But I do really enjoy where I work now, the bosses treat me like family, hell one even bought me a bottle of nice scotch just for the hell off it. All the pros to where I am now, then I think of the money at the other place and how much better of and how much quicker I can pay of the mortgage.
    Big responsibility with the other job too. Having 14 staff to look after plus running the shop. Hard work but the rewards are there.
    Man I am pissed off! I finally thought after all this time I have finally found the place I will work at until I retire. My mind set was sweet .Then this bloody happens.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 14th September 2018 at 11:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th September 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Thanks guys. Going in tomorrow to have a look around. Its further to travel too for work. But all I can think of is how better off financially we would be. Base salary is 105k, plus car, phone ,plus bonuses! The guy I would be replacing, which is a person I worked with years ago, cashed in 140k last year. Fuck! Earning even semi close to six figures is in my wildest dreams.
    But I do really enjoy where I work now, the bosses treat me like family, hell one even bought me a bottle of nice scotch just for the hell off it. All the pros to where I am now, then I think of the money at the other place and how much better of and how much quicker I can pay of the mortgage.
    Big responsibility with the other job too. Having 14 staff to look after plus running the shop. Hard work but the rewards are there.
    Man I am pissed off! I finally thought after all this time I have finally found the place I will work at until I retire. My mind set was sweet .Then this bloody happens.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk
    Try these questions on yourself and see how it stands....They sound similar but are very different.

1. What WOULD happen if you DID make that change?

2. What WOULD happen if you DIDN'T make that change?

3. What WOULDN'T happen if you DID make that change?

4. What WOULDN'T happen if you DIDN'T make that change?
    That's funny, I don't remember being forgetful.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,312 Posts
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Money isn't everything, health and sanity are
    Farkin' oath. I know as dumb as it sounds, the $ should never be the primary driver... Larger salary usually comes attached with a larger tag of responsibility. More responsibility usually means, possibly longer hours, stupid rosters and availability, on-call 24/7, more weight on shoulders, etc...
    Usually one or all those could equates to more stress and a possible worse off livelihood and mental state. General quality of life could change in a big way...

Tread carefully @mudski . Do your homework mate. Especially since you mentioned you are happy and pumped for work where you are now.

Edit: I should mention, some people fit perfectly into larger shoes and step up no dramas and ace the new job and responsibility. Depends on persons mentality I guess. But others crumble...
    Last edited by Hodge; 15th September 2018 at 06:35 PM.
    2005 GU TD42Ti

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Clunk (15th September 2018), jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,312 Posts
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just shit my self out of fury & anger after re-checking the local NBN progress...
    It was meant to be from June-Sept 2018. And we were awaiting the letter that we can connect eagerly. But after checking it... I just saw this!!!!
    They've been digging and doing stuff in our area and surroundings streets for months so, here I was an idiot thinking progress was made... Fkn hell.
    We're on the very edge of an exchange run and our ADSL2 is sub Dial-up speeds... Fkn hell.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 GU TD42Ti

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

AB (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudski mate $$$ will go a long way, but job satisfaction is just as important.

My 2 cents...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,846 Times in 6,908 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I just shit my self out of fury & anger after re-checking the local NBN progress...
    It was meant to be from June-Sept 2018. And we were awaiting the letter that we can connect eagerly. But after checking it... I just saw this!!!!
    They've been digging and doing stuff in our area and surroundings streets for months so, here I was an idiot thinking progress was made... Fkn hell.
    We're on the very edge of an exchange run and our ADSL2 is sub Dial-up speeds... Fkn hell.

Far out....I know the wait is a pain in the arse but at lease you'll be one step up from the sub standard FTTN. Used to be on around 2Mbps, now on between 25-45Mbps which yes is a huge improvement, but really, everyone should be FTTP. We're not a feckin 3rd world country and they'll only have to redo the shit in a few years time anyway. My bloody 4G on the phone consistently sits anywhere between 80-100Mbps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Hodge (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,846 Times in 6,908 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Farkin' oath. I know as dumb as it sounds, the $ should never be the primary driver... Larger salary usually comes attached with a larger tag of responsibility. More responsibility usually means, possibly longer hours, stupid rosters and availability, on-call 24/7, more weight on shoulders, etc...
    Usually one or all those could equates to more stress and a possible worse off livelihood and mental state. General quality of life could change in a big way...

Tread carefully @mudski . Do your homework mate. Especially since you mentioned you are happy and pumped for work where you are now.

Edit: I should mention, some people fit perfectly into larger shoes and step up no dramas and ace the new job and responsibility. Depends on persons mentality I guess. But others crumble...
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Mudski mate $$$ will go a long way, but job satisfaction is just as important.

My 2 cents...

After being retrenched last year, I ended up taking a job with a much smaller company for about 15k less. Quite a substantial cut but needed to get back into the workforce rather quickly, and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. The work is great, I work 35 hours instead of 45+ (standard 38 hours + the unpaid overtime), I don't work any unpaid overtime anymore. They also pay for my fuel and lunch everyday. There's no longer the stress from work that I used to get (which considering I've not long come out of hospital fitted with a cardiac defribulator/pacemaker is a good thing). I'm no longer going home in a bad mood and I get to spend more time with the family. And I no longer have to deal with any bureaucratic bullshit from headoffice.

Yes extra money would be helpful, as I'm just about always skint, that will change in a year pr so, as mortgage is almost paid off..... But feck it.....

LIFE IS GOOD
    Last edited by Clunk; 15th September 2018 at 07:16 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th September 2018), Hodge (15th September 2018), jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018), Touses (16th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,285 Times in 2,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    After being retrenched last year, I ended up taking a job with a much smaller company for about 15k less. Quite a substantial cut but needed to get back into the workforce rather quickly, and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. The work is great, I work 35 hours instead of 45+ (standard 38 hours + the unpaid overtime), I don't work any unpaid overtime anymore. They also pay for my fuel and lunch everyday. There's no longer the stress from work that I used to get (which considering I've not long come out of hospital fitted with a cardiac defribulator/pacemaker is a good thing). I'm no longer going home in a bad mood and I get to spend more time with the family. And I no longer have to deal with any bureaucratic bullshit from headoffice.

Yes extra money would be helpful, as I'm just about always skint, that will change in a year pr so, as mortgage is almost paid off..... But feck it.....

LIFE IS GOOD
    Nothing like knowing what ya worth....i did the same when i jumped ship into being an avo manager.....got told by heaps be careful and all the rest...but in all honesty it is and was the best decision we have ever made for family life and money..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ah bugger thought o was replying to mudski
    I drive my wife's patrol......and i'm going to Licola...2018

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th September 2018), GQtdauto (16th September 2018), mudski (16th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still having trouble with some pictures not loading. Really starting to sh!t me.

12/97 GEE YOU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mudski

To quote uncle Ben from Spiderman

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

12/97 GEE YOU

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th September 2018), GQtdauto (16th September 2018), mudski (16th September 2018)

Page 1188 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 188688108811381178118611871188118911901198 ... LastLast