OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1184 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 18468410841134117411821183118411851186119412341284 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    ....getting offered another job that will pay in excess of 70% more than what Im on now. Because I've finally found a place where I actually enjoy going to work and are pumped for the day.
    Do what's right for you and the family mate. Only you know the correct answer to that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ....getting offered another job that will pay in excess of 70% more than what Im on now. Because I've finally found a place where I actually enjoy going to work and are pumped for the day.
    Money isn't everything, health and sanity are

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wot Clunk said .

Brother was working for a big corporation 20 years ago in IT ,$100k plus benefits car etc but he wasn't actually allowed to do anything because of outsourcing he just had to be there 8 hours a day and after about 6 months he threw it in .

My last job before I was injured and pensioned off was the only job I've ever had where it was a pleasure to go to work and yes I never felt like it was work . Weigh it up but big decision.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks guys. Going in tomorrow to have a look around. It’s further to travel too for work. But all I can think of is how better off financially we would be. Base salary is 105k, plus car, phone ,plus bonuses! The guy I would be replacing, which is a person I worked with years ago, cashed in 140k last year. Fuck! Earning even semi close to six figures is in my wildest dreams.
    But I do really enjoy where I work now, the bosses treat me like family, hell one even bought me a bottle of nice scotch just for the hell off it. All the pros to where I am now, then I think of the money at the other place and how much better of and how much quicker I can pay of the mortgage.
    Big responsibility with the other job too. Having 14 staff to look after plus running the shop. Hard work but the rewards are there.
    Man I am pissed off! I finally thought after all this time I have finally found the place I will work at until I retire. My mind set was sweet .Then this bloody happens.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 14th September 2018 at 11:11 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Going in tomorrow to have a look around. It’s further to travel too for work. But all I can think of is how better off financially we would be. Base salary is 105k, plus car, phone ,plus bonuses! The guy I would be replacing, which is a person I worked with years ago, cashed in 140k last year. Fuck! Earning even semi close to six figures is in my wildest dreams.
    But I do really enjoy where I work now, the bosses treat me like family, hell one even bought me a bottle of nice scotch just for the hell off it. All the pros to where I am now, then I think of the money at the other place and how much better of and how much quicker I can pay of the mortgage.
    Big responsibility with the other job too. Having 14 staff to look after plus running the shop. Hard work but the rewards are there.
    Man I am pissed off! I finally thought after all this time I have finally found the place I will work at until I retire. My mind set was sweet .Then this bloody happens.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk
    Try these questions on yourself and see how it stands....They sound similar but are very different.

1. What WOULD happen if you DID make that change?

2. What WOULD happen if you DIDN'T make that change?

3. What WOULDN'T happen if you DID make that change?

4. What WOULDN'T happen if you DIDN'T make that change?
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Money isn't everything, health and sanity are
    Farkin' oath. I know as dumb as it sounds, the $ should never be the primary driver... Larger salary usually comes attached with a larger tag of responsibility. More responsibility usually means, possibly longer hours, stupid rosters and availability, on-call 24/7, more weight on shoulders, etc...
    Usually one or all those could equates to more stress and a possible worse off livelihood and mental state. General quality of life could change in a big way...

Tread carefully @mudski . Do your homework mate. Especially since you mentioned you are happy and pumped for work where you are now.

Edit: I should mention, some people fit perfectly into larger shoes and step up no dramas and ace the new job and responsibility. Depends on persons mentality I guess. But others crumble...
    Last edited by Hodge; 15th September 2018 at 06:35 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Clunk (15th September 2018), jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just shit my self out of fury & anger after re-checking the local NBN progress...
    It was meant to be from June-Sept 2018. And we were awaiting the letter that we can connect eagerly. But after checking it... I just saw this!!!!
    They've been digging and doing stuff in our area and surroundings streets for months so, here I was an idiot thinking progress was made... Fkn hell.
    We're on the very edge of an exchange run and our ADSL2 is sub Dial-up speeds... Fkn hell.

2005 TD42TI

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

AB (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudski mate $$$ will go a long way, but job satisfaction is just as important.

My 2 cents...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I just shit my self out of fury & anger after re-checking the local NBN progress...
    It was meant to be from June-Sept 2018. And we were awaiting the letter that we can connect eagerly. But after checking it... I just saw this!!!!
    They've been digging and doing stuff in our area and surroundings streets for months so, here I was an idiot thinking progress was made... Fkn hell.
    We're on the very edge of an exchange run and our ADSL2 is sub Dial-up speeds... Fkn hell.

Far out....I know the wait is a pain in the arse but at lease you'll be one step up from the sub standard FTTN. Used to be on around 2Mbps, now on between 25-45Mbps which yes is a huge improvement, but really, everyone should be FTTP. We're not a feckin 3rd world country and they'll only have to redo the shit in a few years time anyway. My bloody 4G on the phone consistently sits anywhere between 80-100Mbps

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Hodge (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Farkin' oath. I know as dumb as it sounds, the $ should never be the primary driver... Larger salary usually comes attached with a larger tag of responsibility. More responsibility usually means, possibly longer hours, stupid rosters and availability, on-call 24/7, more weight on shoulders, etc...
    Usually one or all those could equates to more stress and a possible worse off livelihood and mental state. General quality of life could change in a big way...

Tread carefully @mudski . Do your homework mate. Especially since you mentioned you are happy and pumped for work where you are now.

Edit: I should mention, some people fit perfectly into larger shoes and step up no dramas and ace the new job and responsibility. Depends on persons mentality I guess. But others crumble...
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Mudski mate $$$ will go a long way, but job satisfaction is just as important.

My 2 cents...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    After being retrenched last year, I ended up taking a job with a much smaller company for about 15k less. Quite a substantial cut but needed to get back into the workforce rather quickly, and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. The work is great, I work 35 hours instead of 45+ (standard 38 hours + the unpaid overtime), I don't work any unpaid overtime anymore. They also pay for my fuel and lunch everyday. There's no longer the stress from work that I used to get (which considering I've not long come out of hospital fitted with a cardiac defribulator/pacemaker is a good thing). I'm no longer going home in a bad mood and I get to spend more time with the family. And I no longer have to deal with any bureaucratic bullshit from headoffice.

Yes extra money would be helpful, as I'm just about always skint, that will change in a year pr so, as mortgage is almost paid off..... But feck it.....

LIFE IS GOOD
    Last edited by Clunk; 15th September 2018 at 07:16 PM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th September 2018), Hodge (15th September 2018), jack (15th September 2018), mudski (15th September 2018), Touses (16th September 2018)

Page 1184 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 18468410841134117411821183118411851186119412341284 ... LastLast