OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1053 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043105110521053
Results 10,521 to 10,526 of 10526

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I'm guessing they've done a poop test and gave the parasite a name? Babies catch worms etc pretty easily. Can be pretty bad for babies whereas it is a no issue for grownups.
    Yeah, that wasn't fun for the missus. Yersinia it's called. Common in animals, but we don't have pets and he hadn't been around animals for a bit before that, so mouse it the most likely culprit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbbinhood View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't fun for the missus. Yersinia it's called. Common in animals, but we don't have pets and he hadn't been around animals for a bit before that, so mouse it the most likely culprit.
    Mice is something you most certainly don't want around babies. Babies do need to be exposed to non lethal pathogens to develop their immune system.
    But the bugs from mice and rats is something we probably wanna avoid, babies or grownups.
    There was whooping cough epidemic in Sydney last year and the year before. These bugs come and go.

If you have a mice problem, do take care of it asap. It's money well spent.
    Mice need to live as well, but it's not possible for us to share a house with them.

Yeah, that Yersinia bug is not a fun one according to google. It's not specific to kids either, so you folks might have it even
    though you don't have the symptoms(Remember Typhoid Mary?).

I'm not a big fan of giving antibiotics to babies, but there is no choice these days with some of these bugs.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of an update on my post from 4/8 #10346

Got my caravan out in the nick of time, they bulldozed a metre high mound of topsoil three metres behind my back fence. Promptly cut down about six gums, two of which were dead (I was waiting for them to fall over and collect the wood). They had all the necessary paperwork, it's a safety issue. I was hoping they would leave the wood for me but no they loaded it into the truck. The contractors are fine, great to talk to and just doing their job, it's Vicroads and the local council.

Monday they had a bit of an issue, rolled a compactor and that stopped work for the day. Luckily no injuries, but a very expensive day for them. Cranes, trucks, workcover etc. They then had to shutdown due to the weather.

Cheers
    Apollofish

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apollofish For This Useful Post:

Avo (18th August 2017), GQtdauto (18th August 2017), jay see (18th August 2017), mudnut (18th August 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently travelled Goog's track for the second time. Listening in on the uhf as a group towing camper trailers joked as they struggled to get up the dunes. Eventually caught up with them and after chatting with them found that they hadn't dropped their tyre pressures AND were only using 4wd once they couldn't go any further. No wonder the track was so much more chopped up compared to last year. Two weeks later we did a west to east crossing of the Simpson Desert . While having lunch at Poeppel's corner two idiots ( sorry I have to call them idiots ) on motorbikes rode out onto the salt lake in front of marker and proceed to do "wheelies" and rip up the lake's surface . Later I was talking to a tour guide and he told me that he encountered a group in 4wds doing an east - west crossing who were trying to see who could get the futhurest out into the desert / up the dunes without using 4wd. He can see a time in the near future when the desert will be closed to all traffic for 10 yrs simply because of the actions of a few idiots. Once again a minority spoiling it for the majority.
    Remember that a high IQ doesn't make up for a lack of common sense.
    Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself !

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Wal For This Useful Post:

Doggy (19th August 2017), GQtdauto (18th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    Bit of an update on my post from 4/8 #10346
    FYI.
    Page 1035.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am still digging holes... by hand in clay, then filling them with cement. next time i'm not. there will be no next time....
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to garett For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (20th August 2017)

Page 1053 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043105110521053