OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Something as simple as fitting a sway bar.

I started off with trying to fit Nics Superior Engineering sway bar, drivers side plate bolted up no problem, passenger side bracket, won't fit as I have a gas line that runs along there.

Bin that idea and off to the wreckers to buy one. Guy asked me do you want a complete one? "Nah I got everything else just the bar please." OK $50. Get home and start taking the links off my old one, nuts were just about fused on, once I got them to the end of the thread the allen key started to spin. Screw it, back to wreckers for the rest $25 per side. Finally have it all fitted. Off to VicRoads, get to the counter I need to get this defect cleared. "yep no worries where's the car just parked at the front, one moment." She walks to the back I can hear asking and one of the guys "what's a sway bar what am I looking for" his reply was go see one of the other guys. Probably wasn't all that long, but it felt like forever, while she chatted with a co worker. Eventually he finishes what he is doing and all three of us walk outside towards my car I pointed it out can he put his head under the bullbar to have a look. I said to him mate its on the other side of the wheel, yep there it is that's OK. Back inside she continues with the paperwork and informs me that there is a $49.95 fee. Well I have to pay it don't I.

At least I finally got around to fitting one, Thank you Mansfield police and you to Nic, I'll drop in the next time I'm up that way to return your bar.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    fark mate, pain in the ass, sorry it didnt work out. im glad it got cleared even if you had a few issues.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

jay see (4th December 2019)