OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1340 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 34084012401290133013381339134013411342135013901440 ... LastLast
Results 13,391 to 13,400 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Hodge, found out the other day, while we were away, the wooden horizontal beam on the power pole out the front of house snapped and all the power lines came down across our nature strip, driveway and from the house to the street. Bloke up the road rang Powercor, they didn't know anything about it & asked him to stay there until someone came. An hour later, someone came. Took them 10 hours to put it all back in place.
    Powercor haven't spoken to us about it. Thing is, we spend a fair bit of time out there gardening, we would have been killed had someone been there.

I mowed under it today, I'd a been stuffed if it fell down again today.

The lines end at our house, so they were flat down along the ground for at least 150 metres, including across the end of a street. Really makes me wonder if they DO check these things.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Hey @Hodge, found out the other day, while we were away, the wooden horizontal beam on the power pole out the front of house snapped and all the power lines came down across our nature strip, driveway and from the house to the street. Bloke up the road rang Powercor, they didn't know anything about it & asked him to stay there until someone came. An hour later, someone came. Took them 10 hours to put it all back in place.
    Powercor haven't spoken to us about it. Thing is, we spend a fair bit of time out there gardening, we would have been killed had someone been there.

I mowed under it today, I'd a been stuffed if it fell down again today.

The lines end at our house, so they were flat down along the ground for at least 150 metres, including across the end of a street. Really makes me wonder if they DO check these things.
    Hey mate! Sounds like the wooden termination (end of line) low voltage cross-arm snapped...( like the one pictured? ) And brought the wires down to the deck.
    They are meant to be inspected at certain intervals. But sometimes the best structurally sound looking ones, snap the quickest with a bit of wind, a jolt, or something nudges a pole...

2005 TD42TI

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's it's exactly what is is. The poles carry an additional two cross arms, which I'm told are high voltage, 3 phase I guess.

I'd been looking at that thing for years & thinking, one day that'll bust & it did. Why do they use wood on the end beam??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    Ouch what drone was it? 😵
    DJI Mavic Pro. No idea of the damage yet as I can't get it retrieved until Wednesday. It didn't crash to the ground so I am hoping it is not much more than props.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

MB (26th January 2021), Mickhead (13th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Got quoted $2750 for the repairs. Will try to move it on as is at a reduced price. If it doesn't sell within a month fix it and trade it.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    After dealing with all the floggs on market place, most from a non English background we moved it on as is.

Someone wanted me to bring it to them in Geelong about 60km away. I told them that I'll get a few mates over and we'll push it there but not today as it too hot and will take a few days. Another wanted to know why the front bar was a little different in colour, I suggested that I get it painted and then the paint man will deliver it to you. They both agreed.

He found a car which is on hold till tomorrow afternoon, but he's finding it a little hard and overwhelming to get a personal loan. Think we will buy it for him and when he gets approved he'll just pay us back. He's happy to get a loan as he wants to build a credit history (to buy a house). I think that he's apprenticeship wage and only 6 months into full time work is why he's getting knocked back. He's waiting on one with a balloon payment at the end of the loan which he may be eligible for. If he's still having trouble, we will look at been guarantor for him.

Poor kid can't seem to get a break

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Avo (26th January 2021), MB (26th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read in the local rag, that the driver of one of the vehicles in the fatal crash at Mt Richmond had drugs in his system. FFS!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (10th February 2021)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell what a waste Craig, how very sad. Sometimes you feel like it's a bloody gamble.

Just this morning, there was a guy stopped at a stop sign, half a car length over the lines on the road. Usually not a problem. But then a delivery guy with a trolley walked into the centre of the road, then a log truck appeared, then a car decided to turn right in front of the guy at the Stop sign. The whole bloody situation went from safe to a potential disaster in about 1.5 seconds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

mudnut (11th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am annoyed that I did not become a professional tennis player. With those credentials I would be classed as an ESSENTIAL FUKN SERVICES WORKER in Victoria by DAN AND HIS CLOWNS.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (13th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angry that I didn't invest in cryptocurrency a few years ago. I did look into it but thought, nah that's not going anywhere.

I did take the plunge and I'll seen my money double in less than a week. Imagine if I bought those 5 bitcoins for $200 each back then.. oh well better late than never..

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I nearly got talked into buying $500 worth when I was 18 and it was very new. Would be worth millions now but where is the fun in that? Haha.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

jay see (13th February 2021)

Page 1340 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 34084012401290133013381339134013411342135013901440 ... LastLast