OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 915 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 41581586590591391491591691792596510151415 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    As for me. This fecking rain is forcing a decision on us to pull our house off the market. We had to call a plumber over today, the ground in thw back yard is now that water logged any way that hits the dirt just pools and i had to spend 2 hours in the rain with a yard broom sweeping water away to stop it from going under the house and into the garage. So the plumber will be digging up our lawn and installing some more drainage during the week.
    In the 12 years ive lived here i have never seen and experienced so much water like this here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    I bet it's not just the rain mate. I have good reasons to believe these water logging in the area has lot to do with excessive housing developments in the area without improving the rain water drainage system. Water get trapped in residential areas and flood the houses. My GFs property flooded and caused thousands of dollars of damage all thanx to the quick housing developments in the area(very close to your area). They built so many houses, but didn't do enough work to make sure the water doesn't get trapped between properties.
    The area they built the houses in Mernda, South Morang, Mill Park, etc is the area that the river went through not too long ago before it dried up. But, the valley area still acts as a river when we get lot of rain there. They basically built so many houses on the valley. No wonder so many people end up with flooded properties in the lower part of the valley. Fun part is that the insurance did not cover the damage. I had to do all the backbreaking work of fixing the damage.(well.. I didn't have to, but chose to. )
    The Whittlesea council suppose to get the developer to improve Yan Yean road((I guess), but it's still the old one lane road that turns into an absolute car park during the busy hours. Plenty road was done up to Mernda intersection, but that's about it.
    I think biker numbers are growing in the area, for a very good reason.
    Last edited by dom14; 23rd October 2016 at 01:02 AM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you were still getting your place ready to go on the market. If it's not listed yet maybe hold off till the warmer weather comes (it's bound to get here soon) let it dry out.

If you do get a plumber to dig up your lawn keep in mind that you don't really know what's going on till it's all exposed, could be opening a whole new can of worms and then you need to make it all pretty again.

Either way you still need to wait.

A mate has a similar problem. His neighbours storm water runs out to the back fence, when we have a lot of rain both backyards flood.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hows the form of some people.

The guy that brought our place asked if we would allow him to get started on laying timber flooring a week before settlement, we said no.

Yesterday my wife finds a note on the front door with a number and "please call me" we are in the middle of offloading things so she thought that it was related to that..

No..
    The new owner now wants to know if we will give up our garage do he can store the timber.

No farking way.

Firstly, we are liable if something happens as we still own the property.

Secondly, we requested a 6-8 week settlement. We got a 4 months. Agent told us that that was when his property was going to settle, he tells my wife that they have been overseas.

I'll be speaking to the agent on Monday......
    12/97 GEE YOU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Hows the form of some people.

The guy that brought our place asked if we would allow him to get started on laying timber flooring a week before settlement, we said no.

Yesterday my wife finds a note on the front door with a number and "please call me" we are in the middle of offloading things so she thought that it was related to that..

No..
    The new owner now wants to know if we will give up our garage do he can store the timber.

No farking way.

Firstly, we are liable if something happens as we still own the property.

Secondly, we requested a 6-8 week settlement. We got a 4 months. Agent told us that that was when his property was going to settle, he tells my wife that they have been overseas.

I'll be speaking to the agent on Monday......
    Yeah fark him. A settle date is a settle date. It is still yours until then and he can just wait patiently to do what ever he wants with it. Or if you have a dodgy cousin ,say yes and get him to offload a bunch of timber flooring cheap.... mwahahaha.

My parents sold their house recently and then post settle date rented it on a month by month as the new owner didn't want to move in straight away. But it was all organised / arranged prior to signing contracts. No dodgy ring up or leave notes.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sooty_10; 23rd October 2016 at 08:28 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

jay see (23rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garth "I'm never wrong" Tander.

Get him out of the cars and don't give him a commentary job!
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new owner now wants to know if we will give up our garage do he can store the timber.I'll be speaking to the agent on Monday......
    Another tack... rent him the shed, if you can empty it, at market price plus a premium.

To be used to store items by arrangement, not able to come and go as he pleases.

As the contents are covered by your insurance you own the contents until settlement.

Just an idea.
    Cheers
    Macca

9. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

jay see (23rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Another tack... rent him the shed, if you can empty it, at market price plus a premium.

To be used to store items by arrangement, not able to come and go as he pleases.

As the contents are covered by your insurance you own the contents until settlement.

Just an idea.
    Yeah, actually thought about doing that.

The place we brought is being rented back to us while they build, so we have pretty much lost out on two months rent. Works out around $3k, is that too much for a week of storage?
    12/97 GEE YOU

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

macca (23rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    As for me. This fecking rain is forcing a decision on us to pull our house off the market. We had to call a plumber over today, the ground in thw back yard is now that water logged any way that hits the dirt just pools and i had to spend 2 hours in the rain with a yard broom sweeping water away to stop it from going under the house and into the garage. So the plumber will be digging up our lawn and installing some more drainage during the week.
    In the 12 years ive lived here i have never seen and experienced so much water like this here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Hey Mark, you may have already thought about this but thought I'd put it out there... Before you get the backyard ripped up and install more drains, it may be worthwhile getting your exisiting drainage camera'd to see if there are any blockages or anything that could be causing the problems...
    Specially considering its only just started occurring now for first time in 12 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bacho86; 23rd October 2016 at 11:49 AM.
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, actually thought about doing that.

The place we brought is being rented back to us while they build, so we have pretty much lost out on two months rent. Works out around $3k, is that too much for a week of storage?
    He wont bother you again LOL
    Cheers
    Macca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

jay see (24th October 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ran out of beer
    I never go into the outback with out a decent supply of water,
    and the general rule for how much you'll need is three litres
    per day , per person, per man per degree over 25 degrees
    celcius, per kilometer if walking on foot, in the winter months
    dividing it by two, plus... another litre... at the end .... Russell Coight

Page 915 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 41581586590591391491591691792596510151415 ... LastLast