OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1337 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 33783712371287132713351336133713381339134713871437 ... LastLast
Results 13,361 to 13,370 of 14475

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mudnut;814488]Was searching for that tuther day. Gave up after a

I was hoping for a different response muddy, but about 12 months ago my "account" experienced a glitch. Every thread I started (which included the General Banter thread) plus all my posts in those threads were expunged. Got absolutely no idea how or why that happened but I lost about 6000 posts. Not that they were too useful to technical-related issues! Some were but most were my usual dribble. Will start another General Banter thread.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

mudnut (3rd January 2021), Rossco (3rd January 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Plasnart;814492]
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Was searching for that tuther day. Gave up after a

I was hoping for a different response muddy, but about 12 months ago my "account" experienced a glitch. Every thread I started (which included the General Banter thread) plus all my posts in those threads were expunged. Got absolutely no idea how or why that happened but I lost about 6000 posts. Not that they were too useful to technical-related issues! Some were but most were my usual dribble. Will start another General Banter thread.
    You do know that all your threads were sent to another universe, where another version of you has suddenly got 6000 extra posts and is totally freaked out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair points Rossco, Hodge, PeeBee.

So how long should we be forced 2 wear masks for?, how long was it mandatory in VIC, and what happened?. Not saying masks don't work but its pretty obvious it won't stop it happening time and time again
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post

So how long should we be forced 2 wear masks for?, how long was it mandatory in VIC, and what happened?. Not saying masks don't work but its pretty obvious it won't stop it happening time and time again
    Wearing masks is a pain in the arse make you a little self conscious at first but is a small thing that definatly helps. Vic was in a very bad situation and got down to zero community cases for a long time till inevitably some were picked up at this time of year where everyone is moving around so much. . I don't think the government want to force people to do things just to be pricks, but "recommending" and "advising" people to do things doesn't do shit, they and I'm sure everyone else just wants to get ontop of this bout of cases that have poped up. Once back to zero transmission I would say they would be lifted a little bit depends on state decisions. Everything is based on medical advice from some pretty smart people out there. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (3rd January 2021), jack (3rd January 2021), jay see (3rd January 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (3rd January 2021), pearcey (3rd January 2021), PeeBee (3rd January 2021), rusty_nail (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post Rossco.

We don't like wearing masks, but do so anyway when on our monthly shopping excursions to the metropolis of Mareeba. No one takes much notice even though we are probably the only ones in Mareeba wearing them. There has been no community transmission here at all yet, & the locals carry on as though no pandemic exists. Problem is, in our view, it will take just one infected person from the south passing through (something we think is inevitable sooner or later) to create a situation which spreads more rapidly than in many places, as even social distancing in virtually non existent. Us wearing masks is as much about setting an example to try to 'normalise it' at least in people's heads so if/when the virus arrives here it wont be such a big step for others & may save a bit of time & thus hopefully prevent a bad situation becoming worse than it is. We don't care what it makes us look like, but it can be a bit unconfortable in the northern heat & humidity. But if we can manage that up here, it should be easier further south.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jack (3rd January 2021), jay see (3rd January 2021), mudski (3rd January 2021), PeeBee (3rd January 2021), Rossco (3rd January 2021), rusty_nail (3rd January 2021), Winnie (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you walk into a bank with ya mask on?

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Can you walk into a bank with ya mask on?
    Yep. I actually walked into mine with a face bandana several times. Have had a falling out with them and walked into the arsehole manager's office (we have each others mobile numbers so an intimate business relationship) and went hell for tongs with him with it on. Didn't get shot.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (4th January 2021), rusty_nail (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post

Honestly mate it is not the end of the world.

My heavily pregnant wife did it and did not complain one bit.

To answer your question, we were covid free for some decent period, I don't know the stats but it was a decent while.

Contact tracing and genomic tracing lead the experts to believe the latest outbreak in Vic has come from NSW.

regardless of my personal beliefs complacency in a state which is our of our premiere has no control has led us to now having to wear masks in indoor public places again.

For the record Tegan is due on the 30th of this month and is struggling for movement as it is. Add a mask to that and it really makes her struggle, even as fit as she was.

The situation we are now in is far beyond our control but both of us will make damn sure that we are doing everything we can to prevent the spread.

I visited 5 supermarket type places today, hand sanitised every time i entered one, only touched what I intended to buy and even asked my 2 year old daughter to wash her hands with the sanitizer when we went to new places.

If a 2 year old can tow the line I'm sure most adults can.

The most recent outbreak has more than completely fucked us for our plans in 2021...

My father in law and partner(from Cronulla, NSW) were planned to move in with us for several weeks to help with the movements in our house when Baby #2 was born.

Now when Tegan goes into labour we are buggered if we know what we are doing with Lacey(#1). Tegan, the midwife and I delivered her, and we plan to do the same with #2. What if her water breaks at midnight? Does that mean I have to miss out and we call an ambulance and completely ruin our delivery plans just because someone was too selfish to wear a mask? Or because a state government didn't enforce that early enough?

I like you mate, I think your a top bloke but, and I mean but, in Victoria we have been through all this several months ago and it didn't change anyone for the worse, it didn't make the government mind control on anyone grow and we came out of the whole ordeal relatively unscathed... Untill now.

I'll give you some food for thought, woods point, where I know you have been as it was with me, falls under Yarra valley shire council. Yarra valley shire council was part of Melbourne Metropolitan... They had to go through all the same restrictions as us in the bigger smoke, even that they couldn't travel more than 5km. As you've been there you know that there is nothing but big trees in 5km.

Yet they endured the situation and moved on.

All I'm saying is toughen up mate, your "grubberment" has finally woken up to themselves and done the right thing by the rest of Australia. Now it's time for the little people to tow the line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th January 2021), jack (4th January 2021), Mickhead (4th January 2021), mudnut (4th January 2021), pearcey (6th January 2021), PeeBee (4th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Honestly mate it is not the end of the world.

All I'm saying is toughen up mate, your "grubberment" has finally woken up to themselves and done the right thing by the rest of Australia. Now it's time for the little people to tow the line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I'm really not angry that I have 2 where a mask, that's easy done. I'm angry at the stupidity of out government.... sorry but they have far from woken up. I can go 2 work next week in a indoor area and mask wearing is not mandatory. I can go into a gym mask wearing is not mandatory..... the list goes on. Yet again its only a half arsed attempt 2 do anything.

It won't go away outbreaks will happen over and over and over again.

All the best to you and Tegan
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 4th January 2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (4th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First day back at work has made me sad not mad

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (4th January 2021)

Page 1337 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 33783712371287132713351336133713381339134713871437 ... LastLast