OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1441 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 44194113411391143114391440144114421443 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,410 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 7,021 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not much open in Warrnambool at 5.30am so I dropped into maccas for the first time in years and ordered a breakfast McShit burger. My god. It may as well have been made from papier-mâché I could not taste one thing in it. Probably would have been better for me too if it was. Shoulda gone for a servo sausage roll.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (15th October 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Not much open in Warrnambool at 5.30am so I dropped into maccas for the first time in years and ordered a breakfast McShit burger. My god. It may as well have been made from papier-mâché I could not taste one thing in it. Probably would have been better for me too if it was. Shoulda gone for a servo sausage roll.
    Went to that mob once when they were new and my kids were pre-school (youngest is now 49) on the way to the Maroochydore Drive-in theatre (remember them?). The kids didn't like it at all and neither did I. I have not been back since and never will be.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not angry today, but annoyed.

Two weeks ago I spent about four hours at work shifting and reorganising steel exhaust tube, sizes varying from 1.5 inch up to six inch.
    Upon finishing I noticed my left forearm was quite sore, by the afternoon I couldn’t lift a glass of water without being in severe pain. A day later my elbow swelled up considerably and the pain was intense .
    Fast forward two weeks, pretty much still the same but the swelling has gone. Diagnosis is I have “tennis elbow “ which can take up to two years to completely heal apparently. Great! Trying to live life where it’s a struggle to even simply spray a deodorant can without being in pain is shit.

Apparently there’s not a lot that can be done so I am told but to keep the strength up in the hand with exercise and it will heal in its own time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Two weeks ago I spent about four hours at work shifting and reorganising steel exhaust tube, sizes varying from 1.5 inch up to six inch.
    Upon finishing I noticed my left forearm was quite sore, by the afternoon I couldn’t lift a glass of water without being in severe pain. A day later my elbow swelled up considerably and the pain was intense .
    Fast forward two weeks, pretty much still the same but the swelling has gone. Diagnosis is I have “tennis elbow “ which can take up to two years to completely heal apparently. Great! Trying to live life where it’s a struggle to even simply spray a deodorant can without being in pain is shit.

Apparently there’s not a lot that can be done so I am told but to keep the strength up in the hand with exercise and it will heal in its own time.

mark. i dont have tennis elbow. but i have a problem with joint inflammation due to an ongoing medical condition. i can give you some advice.

arnica. helps reduce the swelling well and alleviate the pain to some degree. better than deep heat which just relies on thinning the locale it is applied.

wear a compression bandage fitted sleeve thing, it will help with the problem ongoing, 100%

tumeric, get into adding that to your meals, it has well known benifits for joint problems.

i hope this helps mate. getting old sucks.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

mudski (16th October 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    mark. i dont have tennis elbow. but i have a problem with joint inflammation due to an ongoing medical condition. i can give you some advice.

arnica. helps reduce the swelling well and alleviate the pain to some degree. better than deep heat which just relies on thinning the locale it is applied.

wear a compression bandage fitted sleeve thing, it will help with the problem ongoing, 100%

tumeric, get into adding that to your meals, it has well known benifits for joint problems.

i hope this helps mate. getting old sucks.
    Cheers mate.

I'll get onto the tumeric and the Arnica. I've been popping my anti inflammatories that I use for my back like they're candy which help, but make me shit concrete as a drawback. lol. But they help a lot. I'll try your suggestions for sure. I've had it strapped up since too.

From what I have found this can take anywhere from months to a couple of years to completely heal too. Damn!!!!

Getting old doesn't suck, its the issues that come along with getting old that do...
    Last edited by mudski; 16th October 2023 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting old doesn't suck, its the issues that come along with getting old that do...[/QUOTE]

I've recently discovered why people retire.
    So they have more time to spend with their doctor.
    I'm just at that stage of life where they're starting to cut bits out of me.
    Not to worry, at least I made it to this stage. Small miracle.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (18th October 2023), jack (18th October 2023), MB (19th October 2023), mudski (17th October 2023), rusty_nail (24th October 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

I have suffered with the same thing, went on for a long time but got over it using a compression bandage as Rusty said. I got it from the chemist and goes on the forearm and adjustable with Velcro. I believe it restricts the muscle movement allowing them to heal.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Angry - More Frustrated

Almost 4 weeks now since a shoulder reconstruction, tore the Supraspinatus Tendon clear off the bone. I've had a crook shoulder for about 20 years and just put up with it. Modified how I did things including gym and swimming. NOT a good move. Started getting worse about six months ago and I just put up with it and naturally made it worse.
    Ended up with the tendon retracting 3.4cm, a tear in the Infraspinatus and also Bursitis.
    Had a steroid injection which worked for a few days but meant I couldn't have surgery for three months.

After finding out via a panic attack in the MRI machine that I am claustrophobic I finally had another MRI in the large tube. Due to my age and the severity of the injury the surgery had a 70% success rate. Happy to say it went well, excruciatingly painful for a few days and I didn't tolerate the drugs. Now it only hurts with sudden movement, turn or bump it. Even though we have top cover with Defence Health it still cost me about $4000 out of pocket.

I'm now in a shoulder brace day and night for six to eight weeks and unable to drive (unfortunately my wife doesn't drive either).
    Fortnightly physio and three months before I can start minimal exercise and six months before any strength building exercise. Total time for full recovery between 12 and 18 months.

Most frustrating part is that I'm normally very active and this is has limited my ability to do just about anything from gardening, mowing and cooking. To top it off I'm right handed and it's my right shoulder.
    Only decided to write this as I got my invite to the Pier 2 Pub Ocean Swim and it would have been my 20th swim which is a pretty significant event and comes with a medal. Now I'm still waiting just to get the go ahead to head to the rehab pool.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

jay see (11th November 2023), mudnut (11th November 2023), pearcey (12th November 2023), Plasnart (11th November 2023), Touses (12th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to read all that, Jack. Being an active fella, it's gunna be tempting to get at it again. Let it heal properly, mate. One of my young 'uns keeps trying to jump the gun and makes things harder in the long term. All the best.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (12th November 2023), jack (11th November 2023)

Page 1441 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 44194113411391143114391440144114421443 ... LastLast