OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1352 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3528521252130213421350135113521353135413621402 ... LastLast
Results 13,511 to 13,520 of 14480

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's pretty s#!t the entitled attitude so many have just to use (abuse) a beautiful place with no respect or appreciation. We're are so lucky to have such amazing places in our backyard but especially the closer ones to populated areas such as Dissa are the worse. . Yep everytime I go bush always carry out selfish Fu&#ers rubbish they feel isn't a problem to throw in a beautiful environment that there for everyone to enjoy. . Seriously don't get it. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (13th April 2021), Hodge (13th April 2021), mudnut (13th April 2021), rusty_nail (13th April 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Ventured north for a quick drive up to Mt. Disappointment, as I haven't been there for a number of years.
    As I was on my own with my 8yo son, I stuck to the main tracks & easy trails. Being wet after weekends rains, even the easy main steep trails had steering wheel gripping moments.
    Spent a few hours exploring, and the name of the place unfortunately seems fitting. Disappointing.
    It's difficult to find a sign, a name post, a feature that hasn't been absolutely gutted by bullet holes. Fence posts/barrier chains driven over or cut down.
    Andersons garden campground didn't have a fire pit without left over rubbish, boots, beer bottles, tampons, portable electric heaters... You name it.
    Such a shame...
    I filled up the spare wheel bag with as much as I could.
    I hate saying it, but I'm growing sympathy with authorities closing places down with such things going on.

If the mouth breathing drop kicks are cutting fences down, shutting the places won't stop them anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th April 2021)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I don't know what can be done about them. I can't remember what campsite it is, but on the Madigan line there's a marker marking the campsite and it's completely defaced. This is in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

I read a report last year I think it was, that some DHs cut down one of Len Beadell's track markers and took it, probably used it for firewood.

I think it comes down to parenting, kids aren't taught to respect things or people, which isn't surprising as their parents don't respect themselves.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th April 2021), Rossco (14th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 642 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah it's pretty s#!t the entitled attitude so many have just to use (abuse) a beautiful place with no respect or appreciation. We're are so lucky to have such amazing places in our backyard but especially the closer ones to populated areas such as Dissa are the worse. . Yep everytime I go bush always carry out selfish Fu&#ers rubbish they feel isn't a problem to throw in a beautiful environment that there for everyone to enjoy. . Seriously don't get it. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Same, same Rossco. One of our favourites is Teewah beach, between Tewantin and Rainbow.
    Always take extra rubbish bags to pick up after the morons.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

Rossco (14th April 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Ventured north for a quick drive up to Mt. Disappointment, as I haven't been there for a number of years.
    As I was on my own with my 8yo son, I stuck to the main tracks & easy trails. Being wet after weekends rains, even the easy main steep trails had steering wheel gripping moments.
    Spent a few hours exploring, and the name of the place unfortunately seems fitting. Disappointing.
    It's difficult to find a sign, a name post, a feature that hasn't been absolutely gutted by bullet holes. Fence posts/barrier chains driven over or cut down.
    Andersons garden campground didn't have a fire pit without left over rubbish, boots, beer bottles, tampons, portable electric heaters... You name it.
    Such a shame...
    I filled up the spare wheel bag with as much as I could.
    I hate saying it, but I'm growing sympathy with authorities closing places down with such things going on.

Went to Pines at lake eildon after Australia day. Be ashamed people. Looked like a farken rubbish tip.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

Hodge (16th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,718 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way our government look after their own.

My 19 yo has got himself an apartment and has taken on the responsibility of being an adult.

Being his first place he needs anything and we are there to help him get set up. With rent, car repayments and now bills it's going to be a bit of a stretch on a 1st year apprenticeship wage.

So he gets onto Centrelink and applies for youth allow, living away from home. That was the only one that he falls into. Apparently you need to be receiving some sort of Centrelink payment to apply for rental assistance. So he submits and waits. Gets a notification he's been knocked back on the youth allowance, but not because anything that he's done, it's us as hard working parents trying to provide my son isn't eligible for anything as we earn too much.

The threshold starts at $55,600.00 combined and then its on a sliding scale.

The thing that gets me is that he is a dependent until he turns 22 regardless of where he is living.

The only think he can do is to apply for a independent youth allowance, but that's only after he had lived away from home and working full-time for at least 18 months, he's 6 months in his apprenticeship.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (24th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I moved out when I was about that age too mate, it was extremely tough to make ends meat on the $350-$400 I was earning every week. The only way to seek help off the government is to lie unfortunately, your son would have to say he's been couch surfing for the time needed and that he is estranged from you guys.

The system is absolutely crap, and everything is at their pace the applications take so long. It just doesn't work in the real world. Good luck with it all mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

jay see (24th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    The way our government look after their own.

My 19 yo has got himself an apartment and has taken on the responsibility of being an adult.

Being his first place he needs anything and we are there to help him get set up. With rent, car repayments and now bills it's going to be a bit of a stretch on a 1st year apprenticeship wage.

So he gets onto Centrelink and applies for youth allow, living away from home. That was the only one that he falls into. Apparently you need to be receiving some sort of Centrelink payment to apply for rental assistance. So he submits and waits. Gets a notification he's been knocked back on the youth allowance, but not because anything that he's done, it's us as hard working parents trying to provide my son isn't eligible for anything as we earn too much.

The threshold starts at $55,600.00 combined and then its on a sliding scale.

The thing that gets me is that he is a dependent until he turns 22 regardless of where he is living.

The only think he can do is to apply for a independent youth allowance, but that's only after he had lived away from home and working full-time for at least 18 months, he's 6 months in his apprenticeship.

I personally would ask for a case manager,
    We had similar with one of our kids years ago and went through hoops,they can get it even if you earn to much....just have to lie sign a stat Dec I think saying that there is no way he is ever welcomed back into your house as you've disowned him...hard call

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

jay see (24th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,718 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    I personally would ask for a case manager,
    We had similar with one of our kids years ago and went through hoops,they can get it even if you earn to much....just have to lie sign a stat Dec I think saying that there is no way he is ever welcomed back into your house as you've disowned him...hard call

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    We're not that type.

We'll sit down with him and see where he's short and financially support him, then revisit it in 12 months.

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Avo (24th April 2021), Cremulator (24th April 2021), MB (6th May 2021), mudski (25th April 2021), Rossco (24th April 2021), rusty_nail (24th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A word of warning if you want to set up an Aquarium. Bought new plants for the aquarium today. Got stuck in pulling them apart, and dipping them for quarantine. Had a closer look at the yellow fiber they used as a growth medium. It looks like f'ing fibre glass insulation. It is floating all over the tank, its on the table, in the sink, ARRRGH!!. Glad its only in the quarantine tank.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (6th May 2021), rusty_nail (28th April 2021)

Page 1352 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3528521252130213421350135113521353135413621402 ... LastLast