OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 491 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 3914414814894904914924935015415919911491 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 16563

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mate had a Jackeroo not too bad except the IFS and low slung transfer case let it down.
    But its no where near a Patrol ,,,,did hear the new holden 4x4 was going to be a Tahoe
    Last edited by threedogs; 8th March 2015 at 12:51 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgm View Post
    Has to be in the happy thread and not the angry thread. Had a bit of an accident today, that was a near miss to something much worse. Obviously wasn't concentrating, was drizzling and remember listening to the news on the radio about Harrison Ford then ... realised the car in front was stopped waiting for a break in traffic to turn right!

Doing 70 in a 70 zone, light drizzle, muddies, in a Jackaroo and a stopped car in front. Hardly realistic for any sports car manoeuvres. Hit the breaks and started skidding, somehow had managed to decide that wasn't gonna turn out too well and got off the brakes. Cut off down the left of them, collected a street sign and somehow again managed to miss two big trees (not by much obviously after walking back to look). A bit of panel damage to the front left gaurd and door. Literally cut the snorkel in half. Managed to get another cheap snorkel on as a temp fit up until the panel beater does his thing. Reckons he'll do a basic patch up for $350. Found a replacement for the broken mirror at the wreckers for $44.

But both myself and son were fine and main damage was to my ego. Got to be happy about that, could have been much, much worse. Car I nearly hit didn't even stop, not even sure if they realised?? Someone else stopped to check we were ok. All good.

Attachment 55885 Attachment 55886
    Glad your OK. Quick thinking getting off the brakes by the sounds of it
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    my breakfast this morning..gotta love the camping big brekkie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (9th March 2015), threedogs (10th March 2015), Woof (8th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,740 Times in 2,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of things I could say Neil but I will resist
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Avo (8th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,435 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching this video

with my wife, we were talking about the possibility of spending a full dry season working there - they’ve offered free stay & all food to ‘grey nomad’ couples who want to help out. Part of our conversation was about the need for wife to be able to drive around the place. Got to 8:56 on the video, & then a short time later at 11.04 & my wife asks “Do we have a locker”. “No says I”, they’re pretty expensive at around $2k fitted”. “I think we should get one” she said. Just to reinforce her wise thinking I showed this video of the Munja Track & suggested it’d be one to take.

“Yep, you’d better get one” she said.

Who am I to argue.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

cgm (9th March 2015), jack (9th March 2015), TPC (9th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,439 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I was watching this video
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm3VDg9ljdU&spfreload=10
    with my wife, we were talking about the possibility of spending a full dry season working there - they’ve offered free stay & all food to ‘grey nomad’ couples who want to help out. Part of our conversation was about the need for wife to be able to drive around the place. Got to 8:56 on the video, & then a short time later at 11.04 & my wife asks “Do we have a locker”. “No says I”, they’re pretty expensive at around $2k fitted”. “I think we should get one” she said. Just to reinforce her wise thinking I showed this video of the Munja Track & suggested it’d be one to take.
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkWLdihzKo0&spfreload=10

“Yep, you’d better get one” she said.

Who am I to argue.
    Yeah and the rear locker too! You can't go front without rear, that is just madness!! =)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Yeah and the rear locker too! You can't go front without rear, that is just madness!! =)
    If the missus wants it for safety, your better off to get both, make it extra safe!
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. You are carrying extra weight so to not put to much strain on the front I think you will need both lockers. You know, to be safe. And of corse so that it is done right the first time.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Mate had a Jackeroo not too bad except the IFS and low slung transfer case let it down.
    But its no where near a Patrol ,,,,did hear the new holden 4x4 was going to be a Tahoe
    The transfer case is a pain and the exhaust also hangs low just nearby, just have to keep it in mind (or ignore it and hope for the best!). A couple of inches of lift and some taller tyres help a lot.

I just put an Elocker in the front, which compensates for the IFS fairly significantly.

For sure it is not a Patrol, but I have a chuckle and wonder if Cuppa's thoughts around lockers have anything to do with being out with me a bit the last few weeks. Ha Ha, nice if the wife agrees that you really do need it.

They make an amazing difference.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cgm For This Useful Post:

jack (9th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,435 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made the mistake of explaining to my wife about how good the Patrol’s limited slip diff is, rendering a locker on both axles unnecessary. (To be honest I’m not sure a front one alone could be described as necessary, for my use, although I imagine it will allow me to go slower & save me from some momentum caused underbody damage). There is absolutely no doubt that my thoughts about lockers have been concretised by my experience of Cameron’s. A long time ago I decided that if I ever got a locker it would be an e-locker & it was just luck that the only vehicle I’ve been in with a locker has one, & that I’d experienced it before & after fitting. Chalk & cheese!
    Last edited by Cuppa; 9th March 2015 at 11:55 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

cgm (10th March 2015)

Page 491 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 3914414814894904914924935015415919911491 ... LastLast