OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 647 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 14754759763764564664764864965769774711471647 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 16522

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Old Farts at home on leave can be a telemarketers nightmare...

Just had a call from "Michael from Telstra Internet"
    (If they don't want to use the name they were christened with they really should choose a name they can pronounce)

He said it was "a REALLY important call so don't hang up"
    I said "OK"

He said "Do you have a Telstra Internet Connection?"
    (They really should learn the correct name of the products they want to humbug you about)
    I said "If you are from Telstra you should already know the answer to that"

He said "Some Internet users are reporting issues so could I tell him area am I in?"

He said "have you been using your Internet connection today?"
    I said "If you are from Telstra you should already know the answer to that... this is fun isn't it"

He said "Sir, seriously, we really want your help to resolve the issues you are having"
    I said "Trust me mate, Telstra is not a company that can help me with my issues"

He said "No, no, we need you to log on to help troubleshoot issues for everyone experiencing them in your area"
    I said "No worries, my charge out fee for Technical Consultancy is $225 and hour min of 3 hours, to whom should I forward the service contract?"
    I said "Hullo"
    I said "Hullo" again... got no answer so I hung up.

Guess I solved Telstras issues... hope they remember to include the GST in my cheque.
    Now to go brew another cuppa, Judge Judy is about to start
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (24th September 2015), Bob (24th September 2015), clawrence (25th September 2015), Clunk (24th September 2015), Cuppa (24th September 2015), growler2058 (24th September 2015), Hodge (24th September 2015), katwoman (24th September 2015), TPC (25th September 2015), Winnie (24th September 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Old Farts at home on leave can be a telemarketers nightmare...

Just had a call from "Michael from Telstra Internet"
    (If they don't want to use the name they were christened with they really should choose a name they can pronounce)

He said it was "a REALLY important call so don't hang up"
    I said "OK"

He said "Do you have a Telstra Internet Connection?"
    (They really should learn the correct name of the products they want to humbug you about)

He said "Some Internet users are reporting issues so could I tell him area am I in?"

He said "have you been using your Internet connection today?"
    I said "If you are from Telstra you should already know the answer to that... this is fun isn't it"

He said "Sir, seriously, we really want your help to resolve the issues you are having"
    I said "Trust me mate, Telstra is not a company that can help me with my issues"

He said "No, no, we need you to log on to help troubleshoot issues for everyone experiencing them in your area"
    I said "No worries, my charge out fee for Technical Consultancy is $225 and hour min of 3 hours, to whom should I forward the service contract?"
    I said "Hullo"
    I said "Hullo" again... got no answer so I hung up.

Guess I solved Telstras issues... hope they remember to include the GST in my cheque.
    Now to go brew another cuppa, Judge Judy is about to start

I am so glad i am not the only one playing games with these clowns....
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I am so glad i am not the only one playing games with these clowns....
    Yeah me too..... depends on my mood i can reaĺly screw with them and waste their time..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Hodge (24th September 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good you guys give them a hard time. My wife's aunty got done over by them twice (in Canada). Apparently she told the second guy "what a nice young man he was" and explained to him how another guy had ripped her off!! He still ripped her off, no issues at all. I think she could understand later how silly it was and admitted the story, but at the time she is obviuosly trusting ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cgm For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other day the privks rang me to tell me i had $6000 waiting for me due to fees i had over paid in my banking. ...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    The other day the privks rang me to tell me i had $6000 waiting for me due to fees i had over paid in my banking. ...
    Haha no bank would ever call you and tell you that. Ever! Lol

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgm View Post
    It's good you guys give them a hard time. My wife's aunty got done over by them twice (in Canada). Apparently she told the second guy "what a nice young man he was" and explained to him how another guy had ripped her off!! He still ripped her off, no issues at all. I think she could understand later how silly it was and admitted the story, but at the time she is obviuosly trusting ...

Which is a sad fact mate. If a certain % didn't fall for their horse shit, well they wouldn't' still be around to hassle people. The scary tactics they are starting to use are a worry. The latest one going around is where supposedly people owe money to the tax office, and have to pay a certain amount on the spot. The interesting thing about it, is the number is local and it's a full aussie / english accent on the other end, not the over seas variety.
    If I didn't know any better and got a call like that, I'd panic too.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Which is a sad fact mate. If a certain % didn't fall for their horse shit, well they wouldn't' still be around to hassle people. The scary tactics they are starting to use are a worry. The latest one going around is where supposedly people owe money to the tax office, and have to pay a certain amount on the spot. The interesting thing about it, is the number is local and it's a full aussie / english accent on the other end, not the over seas variety.
    If I didn't know any better and got a call like that, I'd panic too.
    Pricks. What else to say.

Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cgm For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgm View Post
    Pricks. What else to say.

Absolute cockroaches. Once I determine they are scamming or trying to sell me junk, and I have some time, I play along with them for a little bit.
    If I'm behind my main PC, i actually have audio snippets of various types ready to play back for them.
    One of my favorite ones is the famous "This call may be recorded for quality control purposes". They love that one and hang up right after it most of the time.
    Mind you it doesn't happen too often any more....
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old mate’s favourite ploy was “Can you hang on, the kettle’s boiling & I need to go & switch it off”. One time after hanging up the by then dead phone after about 20 minutes he received a further call about 10 minutes later from the same chap l who said “You’re a bastard Mr Smith”.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 647 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 14754759763764564664764864965769774711471647 ... LastLast