OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1646 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 646114615461596163616441645164616471648 ... LastLast
Results 16,451 to 16,460 of 16522

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Well drivers side hub is leaking like there's no tomorrow, thought I'd give it a go myself.

Remembered I had a few bit n pieces in the shed, think I already got all the seals and gaskets I need???

Not replacing bearings as they only 10K on 'em. May repack them though.

What grease do I need for the bearings and CV???

Thanks folks.
    Overkill, but I use innox MX8. The grease was only slightly tainted after 10ks of driving.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

10G (26th February 2024)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did Cape York August/September 2023.

Only had 1 mishap. Old Coach Road. We went south to north. There's a section before you get to that area where the track is cut into the rock. If coming from the north, that's where the track is still on the flat land, but before it becomes hilly.

Anyway, this section I had fun on, the track went straight ahead, but it was cut up to buggery. There was a chicken track that turned into a suicide track, so of course we took that.

You had to turn 90 degrees off the main track, go down a steep bank about 3-5 car lengths long, hit the bottom, another 90 degree turn to the left and straight up about another 3-5 car lengths. The going up bit was cut out by 35s so only having 32s I elected to straddle to ruts.

This place is bloody steep, I know the high country and this place rivalled it all over.

Anyway, going up, 1st low all good, then it got a little bouncy, then the rear drivers wheel dropped into the rut and the thing stalled.

You know when you get stuck going up an you get a great view of the bonnet, well I couldn't see the sky over the end of the bonnet, I could see the top of the windscreen joining the top of the bullbar, no sky inbetween if that makes any sense?

This was without doubt the hairiest recovery I've ever done, not emabarressed to say I was ship scared, we were in the middle of nowhere, solo and risking going end over end.

My wife was incredible. She jumped out, grabbed the winch cable, struggled up the hill and secured the vehicle.

We winched out with not alot of trouble. I went very slow, we winched off two trees, but we were extremely close to a disaster.

At the end of the day, I said, I'm never coming here again.

Next day I thought to myself, I'd come here again, but with a few others, strange how your mind changes once you settle down.

Also, bashed my side step and rear bumper on that track.

So if any of you want a bloody hard track, try the Old Coach Road, it was bloody tough. But with anything, tracks up there change after every wet season, so your mileage may vary.

I know Cuppa's done the Old Coach with his camper and we passed a 2 vehicles, one with a camper, I don't how they do it or why???

That's what I learnt about the tracks up there. You can read & read, but the tracks change alot because of all the rain. If I go up again I won't be doing any of them, it's not my thing, past that stuff now.

The start of the OTT at Palm Creek is/was horrendous. Vertical drop about 8-12 feet. The TV doesn't give you the real picture, these drops ARE vertical. I don't know how more cars don't end up on their roof??

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (26th February 2024), Cuppa (5th March 2024), MB (26th February 2024), Plasnart (26th February 2024), Touses (26th February 2024), Winnie (26th February 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adventure probably does not sum this up adequately. Anyway you survived to tell some stories, so all good.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

10G (29th February 2024), MB (26th February 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    strange how your mind changes once you settle down
    Once you get into a new set of undies you mean right?

But lucky you to have a collaborating missus like that! Mine steps out of the car before going anything other then the flat road.

With regards to the bonnet up in the sky, when that happens the washer bottle gets higher than the bonnet squirty thingos and water starts to run from them so you fourby is pissing it's pants too. Man-machine camaraderie!
    Last edited by BrazilianY60; 26th February 2024 at 09:29 PM.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (26th February 2024), pearcey (27th February 2024), PeeBee (26th February 2024), Plasnart (26th February 2024)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a photo of the very first thing that hits you on the OTT at Palm Creek, worse than Gunshot people were saying:

palm_creek_ott_start.jpg

There's no bypass, so if you want to do the the OTT, you do this or you can go up the road to a turn off that takes you to Nolans Brook and jump in there.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (29th February 2024), MB (3rd March 2024), mudnut (2nd March 2024), Plasnart (29th February 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started the clean up at MB's shed today, found 8 off 10mm sockets, and 10 off 10mm spanners and 3 dozen screw drivers, on it goes, way over equipped now, but resultat of poor tool management during the job and me misplacing a lot of gear, all now becoming more obvious. I reckon there would be 20 different types of pliers as well. Gonna have to hide all this when its goes back home! Better than Xmas at the moment.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

10G (3rd March 2024), BrazilianY60 (2nd March 2024), MB (3rd March 2024), mudnut (2nd March 2024), pearcey (2nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now know where all our 10mm sockets teleport too!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd March 2024), PeeBee (2nd March 2024), Plasnart (2nd March 2024)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been able to view the forum normally all weekend so far.

sat in the ute in a paddock with a cold beer yesterday arvo, just enjoyed the sunshine and peace and quiet.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd March 2024), MB (3rd March 2024), mudnut (3rd March 2024), Plasnart (3rd March 2024)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So my old ARB fridge has been giving me grief for ages. It would work on 12v, then randomly won’t, giving weird error codes that didn’t calculate to the faults.
    I ended up changing out the main pcb after finding a few burnt capacitors or resistors, either one lol.
    Things seemed well after this. Then on my last trip it started doing similar things again. When the fridge would kick in to start up. The power light would go dim and the error light would just flash once. The fridge temp would drop to zero and then the fridge would just start up and work like it should. The last trip we had constant 40 plus days, I found the fridge could not get the temps down and it was playing its old games again.
    I found for some strange reason if I were to put the probes from my digital multimeter into the back of the Anderson plug to measure voltage the fridge would instantly start working. Hmm
    I looked closer and the soldered connections in the plug were corroded pretty bad.
    So I came to a conclusion that while it was still getting 12v, under load, the amps must have been so low it couldn’t start the fridge motor.
    So I cut the corroded ends off, stripped the wire back to where the corroded sections stopped and put the wires on bare to the battery and it started up and continued to work for over a day.
    So I can only assume I have found the cause of my grief, Saturday is going to be a stinker here at 38c, so I will test the fridge out with the heat, hoping that it will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd March 2024), Cremulator (5th March 2024), Rossco (6th March 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So my old ARB fridge has been giving me grief for ages. It would work on 12v, then randomly won’t, giving weird error codes that didn’t calculate to the faults.
    I ended up changing out the main pcb after finding a few burnt capacitors or resistors, either one lol.
    Things seemed well after this. Then on my last trip it started doing similar things again. When the fridge would kick in to start up. The power light would go dim and the error light would just flash once. The fridge temp would drop to zero and then the fridge would just start up and work like it should. The last trip we had constant 40 plus days, I found the fridge could not get the temps down and it was playing its old games again.
    I found for some strange reason if I were to put the probes from my digital multimeter into the back of the Anderson plug to measure voltage the fridge would instantly start working. Hmm
    I looked closer and the soldered connections in the plug were corroded pretty bad.
    So I came to a conclusion that while it was still getting 12v, under load, the amps must have been so low it couldn’t start the fridge motor.
    So I cut the corroded ends off, stripped the wire back to where the corroded sections stopped and put the wires on bare to the battery and it started up and continued to work for over a day.
    So I can only assume I have found the cause of my grief, Saturday is going to be a stinker here at 38c, so I will test the fridge out with the heat, hoping that it will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've used the anderson plug on a small winch. Was not impressed with the design as vibration and movement of the cable resulted in stoppages. Hopefully you have fixed your problem.

Page 1646 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 646114615461596163616441645164616471648 ... LastLast