OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1280 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 28078011801230127012781279128012811282129013301380 ... LastLast
Results 12,791 to 12,800 of 16505

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the price of data storage!

was running out of space on my home server, so went down to my local MSY. picked up an 8TB HDD for just over $300. the price of these guys have dropped so much over the years, not to mention the availability of them. stoked and now have just over 20.5TB of useable space on my server. wont mean much to many but its something that got me very excited lol.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    the price of data storage!

was running out of space on my home server, so went down to my local MSY. picked up an 8TB HDD for just over $300. the price of these guys have dropped so much over the years, not to mention the availability of them. stoked and now have just over 20.5TB of useable space on my server. wont mean much to many but its something that got me very excited lol.
    Yeah they're bloody cheap now hey. Something I need to do. I'm constantly deleting stuff from my NAS now just to fit more pron on. Lol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah they're bloody cheap now hey. Something I need to do. I'm constantly deleting stuff from my NAS now just to fit more pron on. Lol.
    haha yep, 8TB NAS, just over 300, they go all the way to 14, although at that size the $/TB Value just isnt there.

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good, I recently decommissioned a bunch of servers at home and consolidated all my storage down to one box.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swathe For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swathe View Post
    It's good, I recently decommissioned a bunch of servers at home and consolidated all my storage down to one box.
    Nice mate, what are you running/doing with it?

Here's my setup, it's my last PC build, amd 1090t 6 core, 32gb ram, running windows 8, used purely to house shiploads of data.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

swathe (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice mate, what are you running/doing with it?

Here's my setup, it's my last PC build, amd 1090t 6 core, 32gb ram, running windows 8, used purely to house shiploads of data.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My day job is a sysadmin so I test lots of stuff using virtualisation and what not. I use Plex to stream media to devices in my house, but I muck around with heaps of stuff at home. Have far to much crap at home from servers to Cisco networking gear lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My day job is a sysadmin so I test lots of stuff using virtualisation and what not. I use Plex to stream media to devices in my house, but I muck around with heaps of stuff at home. Have far to much crap at home from servers to Cisco networking gear lol
    haha nice. i used to be network admin for dept education in sydney, also have heaps of crap to play with. i tried plex but couldnt get into it/didnt find it smooth enough. i run an emby server with media center master to do all my indexing etc. been using it for a fair few years and always found it suits my needs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

swathe (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha nice. i used to be network admin for dept education in sydney, also have heaps of crap to play with. i tried plex but couldnt get into it/didnt find it smooth enough. i run an emby server with media center master to do all my indexing etc. been using it for a fair few years and always found it suits my needs.
    Plex has come a long way in the last couple of years and so far I'm happy with the performance. Disk I/O and network of course is a factor for a lot of home users especially with wifi but I run gigabit ethernet and ubiquiti Pro access point at home so I don't have any of those dramas. I also run off a headless linux box with no GUI so plenty of hooter to push it all out. I've heard emby is quite good though, if Plex ever gives me grief I might give it a try.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swathe For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plex has come a long way in the last couple of years and so far I'm happy with the performance. Disk I/O and network of course is a factor for a lot of home users especially with wifi but I run gigabit ethernet and ubiquiti Pro access point at home so I don't have any of those dramas. I also run off a headless linux box with no GUI so plenty of hooter to push it all out. I've heard emby is quite good though, if Plex ever gives me grief I might give it a try.
    hey mate, im sure plex has come along way, last time i looked at it, it was a toss up between emby(at the time known as media browser), XBMC and Plex. media browser offered the most light weight option out of the lot. im not sold on emby, it has its downsides but im complacent which keeps me from looking for alternatives.

however, whenever i get the chance i plug media center master. honestly, has to be the BEST piece of software i have ever spent money on. bought a lifetime license for $50(he offers a $20 1 year license but for me it was a no brainer). completely written but a solo dude in the US, constantly coming out with updates and additional features. offers utorrent integration and full metadata support. if you currently rename your downloads manually, or want a program which will enable plex to deliver a more rich viewing experience, that program is the one for you. just a little plug but seriously worth it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...snip...
    I have heard of that, admittedly I'm pretty slack with renaming files. I only really do it if Plex can't figure it out. I do have a folder with say the name of the show and then I do a sub folder for each season but I never really rename the episodes haha.

I haven't hooked up a TV aerial for years, I just stream my own stuff or Netflix.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swathe For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (27th September 2018)

Page 1280 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 28078011801230127012781279128012811282129013301380 ... LastLast