Thread: Daves Pigtrol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Just got a Chinese 7 inch GPS off ebay for the Pigtrol. Cost me $130 Buy now from Sydney and arrived in 3 working days and has preloaded maps. So far street nav is quite good but waiting to take it for a tour.

The Unit itself runs Window CE v6. I have 3 Nav programs on it. Garmin Mobile XT CE, iGo Primo and OzixplorerCE

The Unit

OziExplorer CE

iGo Primo

Garmin Mobile XT CE

Looks good for the money mate!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate it looks like yer drivin through peoples back yards in the last photo hahahahahahahaha watch the road and not the little screen :-)

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Mate it looks like yer drivin through peoples back yards in the last photo hahahahahahahaha watch the road and not the little screen :-)
    hahahahahahahahahaha.............................. .... GOLD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    I was in the backyard lol
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th April 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks very nice... cool car...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daves Pigtrol is Changing

The old girl is going through a bit of a change. She started life as someones tourer. She was then built into comp truck. Then it was my turn to own it. It had a 7" lift and 37's reduced down to a 5" lift with 35's and is now down to a 3" lift with 33's. Will add pics as I do the demodding.

When Purchased.
    photo0004_001.jpg

First run on 5" lift and 35's
    Pigtrol.jpg

I then added the roof lights and basket
    PIC_0747.JPG

I then put a fridge slide and drawer in the back but no pic

Now she is lifted 3" on 33's
    IMG_0436.JPG

Removed fridge slide and drawer. I also removed the on board compressor and tank
    IMG_0444.JPG

Will be removing the roll cage and replacing the dash and console. Moving the main battery (currently both behind back seat) back under the bonnet but clueless as to where I am putting the aux (either under the bonnet or in the new drawer system which will come). Will keep pics coming as I progress.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (16th April 2014), jack (16th April 2014), threedogs (16th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking to do very similar front and rear side scrub rails on my GQ too. Every time I take it out I cave in the bloody quarter panels. Can you tell me Dhuck how the side rails are connected to the front bar and sliders? Are they part of the sliders?

Thinking I need to remove my current sliders and make some new ones that incorporate the full length slider / scrub rails.

Interested in how they meet the rear bar also mate, I am thinking a second loop to the top of the tail lights at least then may be a new rear bar too....

If I do all that I might take the opportunity to remove the body lift while I'm there.

Can you also post a couple of pics of your internal cage mate? Do you have a B pillar hoop as well? Keen to see this if you have please.

Looks good. Like the 37s, most hard core guys are running 37s in Vic now, need to get onto some too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Looking to do very similar front and rear side scrub rails on my GQ too. Every time I take it out I cave in the bloody quarter panels. Can you tell me Dhuck how the side rails are connected to the front bar and sliders? Are they part of the sliders?

Thinking I need to remove my current sliders and make some new ones that incorporate the full length slider / scrub rails.

Interested in how they meet the rear bar also mate, I am thinking a second loop to the top of the tail lights at least then may be a new rear bar too....

If I do all that I might take the opportunity to remove the body lift while I'm there.
    Every thing is welded, gussetted and laminated, all 3.5 tonne of it....lmao. really it is, it wasnt designed to be removed without a grinder or an oxy or both......geneally both.........definatly both
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 16th April 2014 at 06:28 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (16th April 2014), growler2058 (16th April 2014), MudRunnerTD (16th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Can you also post a couple of pics of your internal cage mate? Do you have a B pillar hoop as well? Keen to see this if you have please.

Looks good. Like the 37s, most hard core guys are running 37s in Vic now, need to get onto some too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Every thing is welded, gussetted and laminated, all 3.5 tonne of it....lmao. really it is, it wasnt designed to be removed without a grinder or an oxy or both......geneally both.........definatly both
    Benny is right on the mark. I will be getting in there with a saw or grinder to get it out. I will knock up a quick drawing shortly as an idea of how it is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a sad day. I watched the old Pigtrol drive out my driveway for the last time tonight. Never to return. But I still have the front locker, CrMo CV's, 3" lift transferred to the GU and put the 5" back in the Q and kept a couple of other goodies of the old girl.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

mudnut (24th September 2020), MudRunnerTD (25th September 2020), Plasnart (24th September 2020), Touses (24th September 2020)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast