I put it here a its not really a safety thing nor seems to fit anywhere else…

I have been doing a bit of searching for a suitable ground anchor for use in places like the Flinders Rangers, (rocky hard ground), as well as being functional in sand or mud.

All I seem to be around are items such as the "Portable Rescue Tree" as sold by ARB or its equivalent on ebay:
ARB : Other Recovery Essentials | ARB 4x4 Accessories
Ebay: Ground Anchor Land Winch recovery 4x4

These are basically a plough, almost a boat anchor, and though suitable for soft stuff some what useless in hard ground.

The other option is the "Terra Firma" also sold by ARB
ARB : Other Recovery Essentials | ARB 4x4 Accessories

This though uses start pickets and from my experience with these they don’t last long before becoming bent and or twisted.
Also ARB don’t indicate how you extract the start pickets after use. Only say the thing is easy to pull apart for storage. Sounds like, use the pickets and leave them in the ground for someone's tires to find at a later date?

Any other ground anchors I have seem all have a spade with or without some spiral drill. Again somewhat useless in hard rocky/stony ground.

I am beginning to suspect the best solution is to use a few 30mm steel rods 900 mm long with a point one end and some form of collar for lashings at the top to link then sounds the simplest.

So beside my apparent final option any one got some useful suggestions.