Thread: Battery disconnected in '99 patrol now central locking doesn't work

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery disconnected in '99 patrol now central locking doesn't work

Hi there, this is my first post and I hope it's in the right area. I've just joined to ask a question for my hubby. I stupidly left the lights on in our '99 GU patrol today and drained the battery. Hubby bought a battery charger and disconnected and charged the battery, but now it's been reconnected the central locking doesn't work. Is this normal, and is it something we can fix/ reset or do we need to take it to a mechanic or auto electrician? We can use the key to lock it, but it's a bit dodgy and hubby is worried it's going to snap as he has to jiggle it to get it out.

Sorry if this is a really silly question, we haven't had the car long and are pretty unfamiliar with it. We've looked through the manual but can't find anything useful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong, but I believe you need to register the remote key to the car again. If this is the case it should be in the manual. Hope it helps.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM,

I have never had the central locking stop working from a flat battery...could it just be coincidence that the battery in your remote has gone flat too....

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a second remote to try?

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the replies.

Mic - doesn't appear to be flat battery in remote as we have 2 keys and neither is working.

I now think it might have something to do with the immobiliser, as when hubby went to start it this morning it wouldn't start and both indicators were flashing like it does when the immobiliser is active. We tried to disarm the immobiliser with the key, but that didn't work so he had to dissconnect the battery again and I think use the jump starter to start it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a very old thread, but I’m having the same problem. During COVID lockdown, I forgot to disconnect my battery and it went completely flat and died so I replaced it. My GU Patrol central locking then stopped working for some of the doors and it’s now erratic with the drivers door not working too now. Prior to the flat battery, they were all working perfect. I must note that it is the same using either the remote or the keys so has nothing to do with the remote.

Did you find the cause of this problem?
    Last edited by jempot; 2nd April 2021 at 09:35 AM.