Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!!! Tank is Battling!!!! Arrrrgggghhhh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk about work is making me thirsty. Sorry BigRig it's not quite 7am over here yet. Too early to crack a can. lol.

Well done lads.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Scotty can't help u on this one, nothing worse than getting a problem just before u want 2 leave 4 a trip. So you will be in Sydney next week???
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well .. strange one to say the least ... reconnected the positive terminal this morning and car is obviously completely cold - starts on petrol literally on first crank (which is normal) and then sits on about 900RPM and over the first minute or so as it warms, idles down to about 630-650RPM. Bootiful This is normal cold start idle up indicating the idle up circuit is functioning normally ... switch over to LPG and the same ... sooooo ... stop the car, restart it and low and behold, straight up to 1050 RPM on petrol and holding ... stays there for about 2 minutes before it ever so slowly starts creeping down to eventually (after about another 2 minutes) dropping to just on 600RPM (even lower than before) To me this suggests that an incorrect input signal is corrupting the computer... no black smoke though through any of this so appears it isn't O2 related now (ish) and hence not punching too much fuel through ..

How bizarre ... could I have a faulty ECU? Normally I would say the ECU is the last thing I would suspect, but that fails to take into account the deep mud holes you seem to like driving through! or to drop it to something really basic, could the air filter need cleaning/replacing? Possible but unlikely, take the air filter out and see if it makes any difference Anyways ... feeling a little more confident (at least on LPG) to run it up to Hervey Bay - I'll get the old boys mechanic to have a squiz at it tomorrow whilst up there, as when we come back, we are only here for a day and then off to Sydney for a week, so obviously want it sorted before that ...

My main concern with you driving the car while it has this fault, is if the mixtures are wrong you could damage the engine.

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    it's not quite 7am over here yet. Too early to crack a can. lol.
    7am, isn't that a late start?

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh stupid spot for an ECU, If the water did get that high Scotty I would be looking at the ECU. I believe there is a Computer for the Auto Gearbox sitting in the passenger foot area up the front, so if you did have a major water intake, I would be getting that checked out 2 for possible water damage.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    All this talk about work is making me thirsty. Sorry BigRig it's not quite 7am over here yet. Too early to crack a can. lol.

Well done lads.
    Never too early mate!! LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just started it again, and now seem to have some water (very little, but there) coming out the exhaust - running and idling fine though?? This is getting all too confusing ... could it have been just some water had gotten in, and is now blowing out - i.e. not enough to cause major issue, but enough to cause some drama whilst it went through?? Again, has been running fine and done at least 300klms plus this week post taking it out last week without a glitch (water would have shown up before then I would have thought).

Thanks all once again!!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water coming out the exhaust during warm up is probably just condensation, but if you start getting steam continuing to come out the exhaust with the engine at normal operating temperature then it could be a cylinder head issue. If you've done 300km this week any water would be long gone.

I thought you were going to be on the road at 9am?

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    Water coming out the exhaust during warm up is probably just condensation, but if you start getting steam continuing to come out the exhaust with the engine at normal operating temperature then it could be a cylinder head issue. If you've done 300km this week any water would be long gone.

I thought you were going to be on the road at 9am?

Tony
    Me too - but 3 dogs and 4 kids kind of dictated that I was fooling myself!!!! LOL

I'll monitor for the steam, doesn't appear to be, but would this affect idle on both LPG and Petrol?? Wouldn't it also be giving grief on LPG as it is on petrol due to being a head??

Anyways ... five minutes off leaving ... next post could be from my iPhone on the side of the road somewhere - I pray not!!!

Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wondering was it a bad batch of lpg ihad this problem a couple of years back (caltex) had to drain lpg tank out plus the water 2days later the then admitted there was a problem in sa
    could have been national cant remember
    also with bad stuf in the lines takes a while to push through
    stephen
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast