Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey AB - couldn't agree more. It was, is, and will be a great forum. I just think we need to live and live let, but unfortunately the minority of late seems to me to be leading so far off-track we've turned into a nanny nation. Don't get me wrong - love this place - and in tough times its a great escape from it all - I'm just echoing the sentiments ( I believe) of some of those not outspoken enough to lead with thief chin. If I'm out of line I apologise - I agree - let's mind our language and content - but also let us all live and live.

Personally - I don't have an issue with anything posted, moderated, or deleted, just want the old camaraderie back that was the reason I joined up in the first place. Definitely - it's coming back - but just wanted to poke a reminder to all of why we are on here.

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorrieandjas For This Useful Post:

my third 256 (25th May 2013), PMC (26th May 2013), Stropp (26th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anything on here has really pissed me off, I was annoyed when a thread was deemed to be offensive and deleted but that lasted for about 30 seconds and I then continued to enjoy the forum.
    Live and let live, enjoy what you like and ignore the rest.
    Do not believe I could find a better forum.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Stropp (26th May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Hi Jas,
    I gotta admit I'm not really sure how you prefer to envisage the forum. From my perspective it seems that the stuff you want IS here & continues to be posted. We have the technical stuff, the bragging stuff, & the helping each other stuff. We also have the stuff in between that helps to keep the community strong. I don't know if that's what you think of as womens' weekly fingernail filing bollocks, but if so I suppose you could just not read it. I wouldn't want to lose any of it. Any online community, just like any other community is made up of a wide variety of folk with differing interests & needs, but generally with something in common to hold them together. I don't see this forum as any different. . By keeping this forum 'sensitive', by minding our p's & q's, it keeps it not just family friendly but everybody friendly.

Clearly you are feeling the forum is over sanitised & I'd agree that we wouldn't want things to get to the point of blandness, but I think this is unlikely to occur whilst we have the likes of Growlers Ghost Chilli thread, but when someone like ThreeDogs feels comfortable enough to share his distress at having to put his dog down it says that the community is working & supporting it's members. For folk like me (who live relatively isolated lives) forums such as this are our primary social contact, & as such need to have space for more than just that which brought us together. We do need to keep a balance, but I think that we need to also accept that that balance ebbs & flows over time. I can't see that we are at risk of losing any of the variety of aspects that we all value here.

I like to think of the forum as being like a virtual campfire. If I camped with you & others from here for a weekend I expect we'd talk a fair bit about Patrols, 4wd'ing & touring, it's what we have in common & it makes it easier to 'break the ice' but we'd talk about a hell of a lot more too. We might even have a couple of drinks! The better I got to know each other the more likely we'd be to share other aspects of our lives, We're all different.

Well that's how I see it anyway. Perhaps I should go back to filing my fingernails.
    Hey Cuppa - I value your opinion, your insights into all things solar and electrical, your history and more (and no - not being sarcastic or facetious) my comments perhaps are a little harsh - but to be honest - my issue isn't talking topics that aren't about Patrols - it's more the "over sanitising" you have referred to. Nothing galls me more than a topic being posted I don't agree with - BUT it being deleted or closed before I can post my two cents worth - the forum is pretty good at self-moderation - and yes - we need moderation - but I think we all need a little more open robust debate at times. And to be honest mate - I see you as one of the last people here "filing their fingernails!!!).

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorrieandjas For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (25th May 2013), my third 256 (25th May 2013), PMC (26th May 2013), Stropp (26th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open and robust debate is what I proposed as a new hotbox thread, but the majority deemed it un wanted. I'll save mine for the campfire
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

PMC (26th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn you Clunk, now this will have to be moderated.lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Stropp (26th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Damn you Clunk, now this will have to be moderated.lol
    Its all done in the best possible taste!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post

If I camped with you & others from here for a weekend I expect we'd talk a fair bit about Patrols, 4wd'ing & touring, it's what we have in common & it makes it easier to 'break the ice' but we'd talk about a hell of a lot more too. .
    Yeah like coke and hookers! Bwahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Yeah like coke and hookers! Bwahahahahaha
    Who wants to talk about Patrols, when Growler brought the coke and hookers to camp.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

NP99 (26th May 2013)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast