Thread: TD42 Boost ?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benno77gu View Post
    hi fellas how do you get 12/100 mines a gu wagon factory turbo and I get anywhere from 17 to 20+/100 never 12 or 13 cheers
    Have you got the 3" dump pipe to go with your exhaust? Have you tweaked it at all or is it all still at factory settings?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal2828 View Post
    Hi all ,

Got another question in regards to the amount of boost on the engine with out doing any damage .
    I am after torque with fuel efficiency so after the turbo gave out while up at Fraser 12mth ago i got onto MTQ and dropped a Mitsubishi wheel and opened up the housing after her explained that the nissans where a little under powered and haven't changed their design in a few years also the exhaust with a 3inch dump pipe and stage-3 3inch system
    Then went off to get it tuned on the dyno told the guy what i was after , he took two days and balls it up.
    on the drive home it chewed about 20lts of fuel over 40km pushed out 21psi on the boost gauge and drove like a v8 .
    So after a good blew over the phone and doing my a load of coin i backed it down to around 14psi but not quite sure if its to high after the original was only running around 7psi.

Hi mate you have had some good advice to date here.

A couple of questions. Important questions. Do you have a GQ or a GU? They have different fuel pumps and need to be tuned differently.

If you have a GU then you already have an 11mm pump and you should be able to get a great tune out of it in the hands of someone that knows how to tune it.

Although your boost levels are not catastorphic ( as said a TD42 will take 25psi all day) it does seem a little high if you had it tuned as a daily?

Did you have it tuned in Geelong or Melbourne?

Take it down to Geelong and see Chris Dalton from Dalton Automotive in Wood street mate, he will sort it out for you. Spend NO MORE MONEY.

I also have a GQ and a GUIV TD42T and I get 12L/100 and very good power out of both.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi mate you have had some good advice to date here.

A couple of questions. Important questions. Do you have a GQ or a GU? They have different fuel pumps and need to be tuned differently.

If you have a GU then you already have an 11mm pump and you should be able to get a great tune out of it in the hands of someone that knows how to tune it.

Although your boost levels are not catastorphic ( as said a TD42 will take 25psi all day) it does seem a little high if you had it tuned as a daily?

Did you have it tuned in Geelong or Melbourne?

Take it down to Geelong and see Chris Dalton from Dalton Automotive in Wood street mate, he will sort it out for you. Spend NO MORE MONEY.

I also have a GQ and a GUIV TD42T and I get 12L/100 and very good power out of both.
    25 psi can be still good for a daily. Newby's GU has the electronic pump, and it has a very lineal power delivery. It is quite good. Even with a fully mechanical pump, a good tune and good throttle control it can be a comfortable daily.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Bennys truck, according to him is an unstoppable machine.
    Just ask him.
    Your dam right it's a wicked bit of gear. Love it!!!!!!!
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    25 psi can be still good for a daily. Newby's GU has the electronic pump, and it has a very lineal power delivery. It is quite good. Even with a fully mechanical pump, a good tune and good throttle control it can be a comfortable daily.
    I agree Ben, but your average punter should be able to have a tidy TD42T running 15psi and have 90+rwkw and using 11 to 13l/100 all day.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Ben, but your average punter should be able to have a tidy TD42T running 15psi and have 90+rwkw and using 11 to 13l/100 all day.
    Yeah for sure.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Have you got the 3" dump pipe to go with your exhaust? Have you tweaked it at all or is it all still at factory settings?
    it has the 3" dump pipe and still at factory settings its an 01 model cheers
    01 gu td4.2t wagon factory turbo 2" lift, 3" exhaust,snorkel,awning,uhf,egt & boost gauges,16"black round hole dynamic rims with 285 bighorns with more to come, ,air compressor,rear led work lights,winch, ready to fit up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benno77gu View Post
    it has the 3" dump pipe and still at factory settings its an 01 model cheers
    Get it on a decent Dyno and smile

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go for a drive up to Berrima Diesel for a tune mate. You will drive home happy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get it on a decent Dyno and smile
    next question does now a good tuner around my area and how would I expect to pay cheers
    01 gu td4.2t wagon factory turbo 2" lift, 3" exhaust,snorkel,awning,uhf,egt & boost gauges,16"black round hole dynamic rims with 285 bighorns with more to come, ,air compressor,rear led work lights,winch, ready to fit up

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast