Well it has started. I have been thinking for a while about making up some protection for my Safari for a while and have been doing lots of research and looking at lots of pictures.

The plan is to start in the middle with sliders and then work out to the front and then swing round to the rear. The front bar will be joined to the sliders with some fender guards and the rear bar will be linked to the sliders as well with bar work protecting the whole rear quarter from the top of the arch down with one bar coming up just in front of the rear lights and then another one coming up at the wheel arch, all the side bars front and rear will be welded in place forming a solid barrier right around the wagon. Just like an exo but only going up to the top of the wheel arch's.

The front and rear bar's are going to be made out of 50mm med wall pipe and 40mm med wall pipe, the sliders out of 40mm med wall pipe and then mounted to the chassis with 80x10 flat bar sandwich plates

Tonight I had a few spare hours so I have managed to get half way through the first slider. I will post up some pictures as I go and when I have figured out how

I am now half way through the first slider and will post up some pictures when I work out how.