Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubber strip between trim and bodywork - UV damage

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue?

The grey/silver coloured rubber strips fitted between the plastic trim (guards, etc.) on my 2010 Patrol are showing signs of UV degradation (losing surface colour, surface becoming rough). Spoke to the dealer, who shrugged their shoulders and wasn't really interested. Pretty poor, given that it is only just out of warranty (by a month). He suggested that I purchase all new trim parts (as he claimed that you can't buy the strip separately) - total cost would be around $3k+ WTF???!

Not happy (although given Nissan's response to other issues I have had in the past, I wasn't that surprised).
    Anyone know if the strip can be bought as a separate item? I'm trying to keep the 'trol looking half reasonable, given that I plan to be owning it for some years to come.
    I should add that I do go hard when off road and don't mind repairing self-inflicted damage, but it just seems a bit wrong that I have to spend time trying to fix up Nissan's shortcomings...

Thanks in advance for any advice,

If only the GUs were built like the GQs...!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use meguiars trim detailer on mine i first tried it as the front and rear sections of the side steps were fading put it on and it was so good i use it everywhere
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles