Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EGT data logging

G'Day.

On my many trips to and from Brisbane, I have been thinking about a way to log EGT's.
    I have a few hills on the drive where I do my own tests before and after any mods that I do.
    So, I was thinking If there is a hill in your area that is easy to find, frequented by many members where you could maintain a constant speed, log your EGT's and post them up with some basic specs of the motor.
    A good one for the Qlders would be the gateway bridge. Every south east QLDer has to travel that at one point, it's long, it's fairly steep and you can maintain a constant speed.
    A good one if you live on the south coast of NSW around Wollongong is Mount ousley for example.

I dont know much about Victoria but there is enough hills on the way to King Lake of Tallarook that are driven by many members that could be used????

Here is a few examples.
    Gateway bridge QLD
    TD42 turbo
    water to air intercooled
    4th gear 2400rpm @ 80 km/h
    245 degress at the top.

5th gear 2000 rpm @ 80 km/h
    300 degrees at the top

Here is another example.

Black mountain Pomona northbound QLD
    td 42 turbo
    water to air intercooled
    5th gear 2250 rpm @ 90 km/h
    260 degrees at the top.

If this takes off we might be able to make it a sticky, and gather some good information so when people are unsure of the temps they have some thing to compare too, and if one of the test hills are in their area they can perfom the same tests and have a better comparison.

Let me know what you think

Cheers
    Benny
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

AB (20th May 2013), AJTich (25th October 2013), mudski (24th May 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (20th May 2013), Winnie (20th May 2013), Wizard52 (21st May 2013)