Thread: Performance 4x4 turbo upgrade and round two

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance 4x4 turbo upgrade and round two

okay someone said it earlier "it's addicting"....
    My upgrade has worked very well on this trip, there are a few tuning items that could be resolved but I've decided to jump in one more time.

I'm going back at the end of this holiday for 4" SS snorkel, air box and 12mm pump.

Dale and Performance have been stellar at answering and discussing issues and support. Gives us or at least me a an East Coast option....

Pictures to follow post installation probably nlt the first week of August
    Last edited by HuskyInAuz; 9th July 2015 at 06:41 PM.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

Stropp (11th July 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very keen to hear how this goes as I'm currently in the process of getting all the above bits you mentioned. I'm tossing up between these guys and the others in Perth.
    Cheers Rod

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I'm in the minority but IMHO I'd quit messing with UFI...
    Why? At one time I had over 1200 global customers support responsibility..like GM, Fujutsu, Sony, ING, Visa, LSE, etc., the sun never set. We had a rock solid product like UFI although it was a soft product. Had we responded like they have we would have been replaced. No product/organisation is perfect but when you can't even take an order, phone calls or answer emails within a period that vendor specified there is a fundamental flaw that is either unrecognised or ignored.

And that's a negative as I'm going.... I'll be happy to discuss realtime my experiences so you can collect enough information to make your decision.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any chance of before and after figures??
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 4,716 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes mate it is unfortunate that they dont answer emails or keep up with demand and as you say they are loosing business but for me im here in perth and i wouldnt go any where else for that sort of work and i guess they are flat out with local work so they dont need to go out of their way but its not good business practice to ignore customers. i am thinking of going the same route as you with a dc12 pump and 4" ss snorkel.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spoken to both companies a couple of times now. The guys at P4x4 answer straight away and are full of info and answers to your questions. Customer service is great. The first time I called uFI it took me a couple weeks to even get onto them. Their secretary was not helpful at all. I was ready to right them off, then I did get onto them and the guy I spoke to was very nonshelont about the whole thing. Really had an air or arrogance. I was set on P4x4 gear.

After a couple of months of thinking, etc. I rang P4x4 again and found their prices had gone up a bit which really closed the gap to UFI, so I rang UFI again. Got onto them straight away. not sure if their secretary was the same or not, but she was great. Spoke to two guys at UFI (different ones from the first time) and both were very helpful and willing to answer any questions. When you add a dump pipe to the P4x4 set up which is included with UFI the price gap again begins to close.

So now I'm really undecided which way to go??
    Cheers Rod

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to be 100% happy with whoever you go with regardless of what is said on the net. All these companies have their merrits, they all have there downfalls as well. If your not 100% happy with your experience with a company then it will have a flow on effect.

I spent over 3k with one of the above companies. The perormance of the product is very good. The workmanship on the external parts was horrible and when spoken to about their attitude left a lot to be desired. And it took 6 weeks longer than quoted. It got to a point where I was nearly calling daily chasing my goods.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Rocket55 (11th July 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second post was using a iPad softkey board which I am not found of.

I agree, you have to be happy with what you get/want. I had a difficult time upfront with the West coast company, I don't know why or what the cause was. I know there are a lot of Patrol owners that are very happy with the installation, performance and support. I'm sure they will continue produce a good product but they are a long way (west coast) away.
    BUT... If I had that much trouble prior to sale what would it be like for after sales support? I'm not supporter of monopolies and feel competition is good. In my early dealings with P4x4 I was very happy with the price, I was happy with the communications. After installation there was an underlying problem that exposed itself on our trip a call was made and diagnosed over the phone. I took action (which I should have done prior to the trip) which rectified the problem.

Now, I'm hooked as someone predicted, not only on the performance the 16G but the support provided and am willing to go the 4" intake and 12mm pump. Then I can add a few other items I have learned from this trip to simplify the gear I carry.

I had a difficult time initially with my intercooler provider, missing parts, bad instructions, etc. but I was able to talk to the owner on a Saturday AM and we fixed the problem... good customer support and now I'd buy another and highly recommend CC.
    Last edited by HuskyInAuz; 13th July 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Any chance of before and after figures??
    Mate, I left the couple dyno test sheets at P4x4 when we left 6 weeks ago, I haven't asked if he still has them, my bad. I will post results, nothing to hide 'cause I'm happy ... I'll see if he'll do a pre-dyno graph.