Thread: EGT data logging

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    They haven't got to the top of the hill yet......lol
    and our temps are way higher than 260 degrees at the top of any hill. . . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Td42 gq silver top

Running standard ht18 turbo set at 9psi.

Below results based on the very long and steep hill on the Melba highway heading to the top of the intersection of kinglake and toolangi turn offs.

I've only got solid readings at the moment towing a 1.1 tonne camper loaded with family and all the crap you take with you camping so a decent weight. Ill get back to this thread soon with no camper.

At 9psi ht18 gq td42 silver top with no intercooler in winter I used to get over 550 if I stayed in 4th doing 80kms 3/4 up the long hill and always dropped back to 3rd and stayed at 480 until the crest.

Did drop back to 400 coming back down the hill afterwards but stayed a constant 370-400 all the way to the township yea "give or take".

Put the ic in...wrx front mount with 3" piping.

Exactly the same situation as above but I got 430 up the hill but kept it in the 4th the whole way so big difference.

Dropped back down to 360 ish over the hill and back down to 330 ish average temp travelling to Yea.

Got it tuned and results are slightly better.

12psi and now getting 380-400 up the hill in 4th all the way. Drops to 300 over hill and steady 250-300 all the way to Yea.

Keen to do this again without camper and fully loaded though with the ic and tune.

Pre ic no camper I was still getting 500 up the hill and dropping to third near top, averaging 400-450 in 3rd.

Hope that helps someone, the ic has made a massive difference on my EGTs.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone swapped there probe before ? the patrol i bought has an evo gauge (with supposed k type) and there was no bung in the dump pipe.
    now instead of buying a bung ive purchased a new gauge (w/ k type) and ive just used the bung and probe from this gauge.
    it doesnt seem to work with the evo gauge ?? you would think the k type probes are all the same no ??
    thanks for any help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12