Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GQ died now wont start

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery is not flat. Got 12v. Checked that. Terminals are good. I should of been more specific as to say it does crank over. Just doesn't start.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    You need a process of elimination so start with spark and injector pulse then check the fuel pressure, power at the lock offs/solenoids,fuses,relays and wires around the battery. Also check that the petrol / gas toggle switch is working correctly but you will know this if there is power to the lock offs. Lastly you can check the motor for compression but one of the above will not be present and point you in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by hershal View Post
    Battery is not flat. Got 12v. Checked that. Terminals are good. I should of been more specific as to say it does crank over. Just doesn't start.
    Just follow my original post then, i was just eliminating a starter motor coz i thought you said it didn't but all good!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate. Going to tackle it a bit this morning. Lets hope it's an easy fix

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I spent a few hours this afternoon trying to problem solve this issue with my car.
    I checked the battery - Its fine, removed terminals cleaned put back on tightened, Still fine. Even tried to boost the battery by a jump from my other car, Still nothing - Pretty Much saying its not a battery issue.
    Checked the Air Intake system - Pulled it all apart from the Filter to the engine. Even pulled the part where the gas goes in. Don't know much about it but it "seems" good and nothing visually wrong. No blocks or anything like that, no moisture etc.

Pulled Spark Plugs and checked, all look in good condition, but I will probably replace these anyways just to be safe, why not. Leads look all good too. Was getting a spark out of every plug, every lead.

Distributer, Pulled this apart, well removed the cap and cranked the engine, seems to me that its not spinning that fast. Again I am far from an expert but should this thing spin fast or slow? I have uploaded a video to show you what I mean. Please tell me this is the issue

Didn't check fuel system yet though, Was working in my garage and didn't want to make a mess But tomorrow ill put down some sheets and trays and pull the filters and check the lines. Can someone also tell me if the fuel pump is mechanical or Electric?

again thanks guys for all you input on this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/IMG_2578.MOV

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be spinning fine hershal.

Is the car fitted with an alarm or engine immobiliser?
    If you can get ahold of someone with a noid light to chuck on the injectors, this will indicate if they are pulsing. If you have a pressure guage, chuck it inline on the fuel line after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail. Should get 40psi. If not, this could indicate lots of problems, bad fuel regulator, bad pump, blocked lines, no fuel, who knows...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your rotor button looks fine, turning ok.
    Have a look inside the top of the dizzy cap and see if the little carbon tip is still there and making contact with the top of the rotor button,it is spring loaded.
    Cheers, the ferret.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    Seems to be spinning fine hershal.

Is the car fitted with an alarm or engine immobiliser?
    If you can get ahold of someone with a noid light to chuck on the injectors, this will indicate if they are pulsing. If you have a pressure guage, chuck it inline on the fuel line after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail. Should get 40psi. If not, this could indicate lots of problems, bad fuel regulator, bad pump, blocked lines, no fuel, who knows...
    Car is fitted with an immobiliser, when its on it wont even crank once its off it does crank.
    Don't know any one with one of those lights, might be a last case scenario. Ill try and find an inline gauge, im sure you could pick one up from a car place etc, hoping its ok, like I was saying in previous post I was low on fuel when I was off to fill up. Since then I have put more fuel in, hoping there isn't some kind of block or anything,

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Your rotor button looks fine, turning ok.
    Have a look inside the top of the dizzy cap and see if the little carbon tip is still there and making contact with the top of the rotor button,it is spring loaded.
    Cheers, the ferret.
    Dizzy cap looks all good I pulled it off looks pretty mujch brand new, no build up or anything. When the RAC guy came out to tow me home he also said it was fine, he too couldn't work out the issue with this thing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check if the fuel lock offs where getting power ?? 1 for petrol and 1 for gas

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    Did you check if the fuel lock offs where getting power ?? 1 for petrol and 1 for gas
    to be honest I don't know what they are, probably a stupid answer to some but yeah I was gonna ask later if I didn't get it going with something else

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast