Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GQ died now wont start

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So guys found out today that the Bolt that holts the Fuel Rail in is a M8 x 1.25 (course) thread. My question is, if the actual hole is stripped on the head then what would my options be? Could I retap as
    a M8 thread, or should I try to change it to a UNC thread a little bigger and retap the thread to a differnet pitch. Other issue is the location, its not an easy place to get to considering that everything is in the way, more than likely going to have to take the inlet manifold off to get to it. This would also make it alot easier to put the fuel rail back in again and not struggling.

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that helped me out with this issue. Finally after a month or there abouts mucking around its started. And started pretty good too. Although I can't pin point down to the exact issue. I so appreciate all the input that every one had contributed to get me going again. I think it's time now it's running to take t to a proper mechanic. He could then tell me exactly what issues I have. I learnt quite alot while pulling this engine to bits and the gas system. So I hope in the future I can relay this information to fellow patrollers.
    Again thanks again
    Jase

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678