Thread: GU 2nd gloveboxes again.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU 2nd gloveboxes again.

I've seen the threads here on 2nd gloveboxes in which several folk said they were inspired by what they'd read & were going to have a go themselves.

I'm also thinking about having a go, probably using plywood, or aluminium sheet rivetted. I liked the look of the one that 'Patrol2.8’s son was building late last year, but doubt I could bend & weld steel like that.

What would be really good would be if anyone who has built their own or had one built could post pics of their 2nd glovebox here to give me ideas & help me avoid mistakes.

In particular I'd love to see details of hinge & closure arrangements, as well as general use of space.

Thanks
    Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill post some pics later but I have 2x cig holders in mine and am doing a little but of light strip aswell mine is for the go pro & & charger etc i used 6mm ply screws and glue some left over carpet still got to do the door
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah its a very handy space, I was going to fit a 7" touch screen in the lid so passenger could use GPS or watch DVD etc
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen Mudski's one first hand and the work he has done is brilliant... very tidy almost factory!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cool Pics please.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here would like to see some pics
    01 gu td4.2t wagon factory turbo 2" lift, 3" exhaust,snorkel,awning,uhf,egt & boost gauges,16"black round hole dynamic rims with 285 bighorns with more to come, ,air compressor,rear led work lights,winch, ready to fit up

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks..... Looking forward to the pics.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey clunk:

Not all the people who have made second glove boxes will see this and post it here in this thread. Often they will have chosen a different forum etc. To follow everything you will either need a huge bookmark list, this thread full of links that won't work forever, or a lot of saving pics and reposting. Lots of effort to credit the original poster.

A great tool to help you is pinterest.com It is a 'virtual pinboard' Site. You name the pin board, you pin the pics. You can upload your own. You can download a browser extension so all you have to do is right click, select pin, then a short description.

The advantage is
    A) you have all your ideas on one page or pinboard
    B) others can see it
    C) click once on the image and it gets bigger. Click again and it takes you to the original webpage/source of the pics.

(the Site otherwise is full of chicks fashions, home remedies, funny ecards, nice house pics and fitness motivation posters. Really though, it's ripe for the taking and fit for purpose!)

Search for 'second glove box mod on pintrest. There's four glove box mod pics already

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Cool Pics please.
    Just a bump for my own thread. Plus it makes it easier for other to find when they do the search for it.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...574#post373574

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th May 2013), P4trol (20th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P4trol View Post
    Hey clunk:

Not all the people who have made second glove boxes will see this and post it here in this thread. Often they will have chosen a different forum etc. To follow everything you will either need a huge bookmark list, this thread full of links that won't work forever, or a lot of saving pics and reposting. Lots of effort to credit the original poster.

A great tool to help you is pinterest.com It is a 'virtual pinboard' Site. You name the pin board, you pin the pics. You can upload your own. You can download a browser extension so all you have to do is right click, select pin, then a short description.

The advantage is
    A) you have all your ideas on one page or pinboard
    B) others can see it
    C) click once on the image and it gets bigger. Click again and it takes you to the original webpage/source of the pics.

(the Site otherwise is full of chicks fashions, home remedies, funny ecards, nice house pics and fitness motivation posters. Really though, it's ripe for the taking and fit for purpose!)

Search for 'second glove box mod on pintrest. There's four glove box mod pics already
    Seems I have been told but can't remember what I said as it seems to have disappeared.......... Nevermind such is life

MCcrappatappalot signing on..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast