Hi Guys,

Was just hoping to get some opinions/directions on DIY servicing of my Patrol. I've got the manual, but just wanted to get opinions from the experts on these forums :-)

I only recently purchased a '91 GQ Patrol 4.2 Diesel and it runs great as the only two owners were meticulous with their services, which I want to continue.

The first owner had it done by a mechanic (fair enough owning it from new) but the second owner that I know did it all himself, and I will also ask for his opinion but wanted to get involved with this forum too.

I will probably take it to a mechanic every 20'000k's or yearly, just to run over it but I don't want to pay for their labour more often than that when I can do it myself.

I have basic knowledge (enough to get this done) and just simply want to know, what oils/filters etc I need to replace and what else to look out for and how often? Also what type of filters, as the manual doesn't seem to specify clearly (it just has the genuine Nissan part numbers).

I am planning to change the transmission oil, engine oil & filter every 5000k's. Is this suitable?

What other things should I be doing to keep it running as well as it does?

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.
Josh