Thread: Cooper Tyres.... Your thoughts

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper Tyres.... Your thoughts

So am in the market for some new shoes A/T or M/T BUT the age old question of what......

BFG...................are the general senses but they are old technology
    Coopers... .........I have never used them but have heard when new they are VERY rolly and potentially dangerous when braking due to the high tread and flex.
    MAXXIS:

What are the other major players

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check out the Mickey Thompson 4 rib A/T
    Great all rounder , Thats my next choice
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    my suggestion - thi question gets asked about 2-3 times a week, have a look through the tyres thread section youll find it here, im sure youll find you answer there mate:

Tyres and Rims
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Brendan56 (9th May 2013), taslucas (9th May 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    my suggestion - thi question gets asked about 2-3 times a week, have a look through the tyres thread section youll find it here, im sure youll find you answer there mate:

Tyres and Rims
    As above mate this has been done a heap of times of late....

And my 2 cents is my KM2's are a very good tyre!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of threads on this around. People seem to either love or hate coopers. I recently changed shoes and went for Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 ribs, decided on these as wanted a solid all rounder, I do some hwy work so had to be good on road. Also drive lot of tracks like oodnadatta, rocky steep stuff in the flinders, sand work down in the SA peninsulas and am planning Simo crossing soon.

I'm pretty happy with them so far but only done about 1500km, did a trip into flinders where did mt gill track in wares webs and couple of others and they performed very well in the rocky steep tracks. Did find a couple of small chips off a couple of lugs but I guess would be somewhat expected considering. Only marginally noisier then the stock tyres which was surprising considering how aggressive the tread is.

Hard to answer the question as to what tyre with no idea of where you are and what sort of driving you do. Does your bus only really get used for off road work? Or does it get used as daily driver as well? Do you do long distance touring on outback roads? Do you drive on wet roads a lot? When off road is it mostly mud, sand or rocks? All these things will impact on your tyre choice.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.