Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable GME TX3100 80 Channel UFH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pick up one yesterday from a local shop was 20 bucks more than eBay but I thought what the hell good little unit the aerial is good for 2 km range apparently and if you want to later it can be hard wired in and a bigger aerial attached. I am pretty happy with it all round

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,656 Times in 3,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    G'day Westy,
    Close enough... minor thing tho, Channels 41 thru 80 are interlaced into the 'old' 1 thru 40. That means that channels 1 thru 40 are the same on both an old 40 set or a new 80 set. The order by frequency is essentially 1, 41, 2, 42, 3, 43 etc but as the band is 'channelised' the freq's allocated to the channels do not need to be in any order just the same for everyone.

The emergency freq's work fine with either channel plan as there will be a significant period for the emergency repeaters to be upgraded before the interlaced freq's of 44 and 45 either side of the existing channel 5 are released for repeater licence use.

Bottom line is essentially that the difference between 40 and 80 sets when operating on channels 1 thru 40 is bugger all other than maybe the need to up the volume a tad
    Sweet as. Good to get some clear data on it.. tbh I haven't read much about it, just talked to others about it.
    Cheers

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 93patrol View Post
    I pick up one yesterday from a local shop was 20 bucks more than eBay but I thought what the hell good little unit the aerial is good for 2 km range apparently and if you want to later it can be hard wired in and a bigger aerial attached. I am pretty happy with it all round

Why does it need to be hard wired? cant you just run a bigger aerial on your main vehicle and just use the small aerial when swapping between vehicles
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you can but you couldn't go too big because of the magnet but you could get a mounted aerial and just leave there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12