Thread: recovery points

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon

Go to ARB and ask them for proper recovery point. I got the attached ones for about $50 from the shop in Mandurah. Do not use that hook as already stated. It's basically a shipping tie down point.

There's a left and right hand one. Mine goes straight up and down and curves at the top. There are different types, so get the salesman to physically go to your truck and have a look. Being a brand newie, I'm not sure if the one I use will suit yours.

Take care out there.

Ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (20th December 2010), TheFlyingBadger (20th December 2010)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBadger View Post
    Fellas

With all this talk about rated recovery points i'm confused (it doesn't take much)...

My (still) shiny new patrol (GU7) has the big hook-y thing on the underside at the front - is this a rated recovery point?

Also, it has the ubiquitous hoop at the back (above the towbar), is this a recovery point?

Cheers

Jon
    Hey Jon, have a look at The Evil Twins GU mate, when I had it I replaced the factory one and also added one to the other side as Tony said then you use a equalizer strap or sometimes called a bridle.
    Never use that "U" shaped hook thingy on the back for any recovery, towing, winching etc........it is a tie down point only.
    Just remembered that I have some photos of them.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (20th December 2010), my third 256 (23rd December 2010), Plasnart (20th December 2010), TheFlyingBadger (20th December 2010)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Good stuff Rossco. I agree they're probably the preferred option over the hook but as Tony says I've only ever heard of the hooks straightening in extreme cases, not detaching. But yours certainly are the real deal and I should get off my backside and get a pair for the front myself.

I also have never used the rear loop to winch or snatch from and wouldn't. I've got one of those hitch hooks that Tony posed up in another thread.

Cheers.
    Sorry Plassy, but the hook is a risk, and I'm not a risk taker. Safety first.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just got 2 for the front of the Q, will be putting them on next weekend.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    Just got 2 for the front of the Q, will be putting them on next weekend.
    i thought that the propaganda claimed that a "mighty GQ" never needed recovery?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still have something to pull other people out with though mate!!! lolol ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Good stuff Rossco. I agree they're probably the preferred option over the hook but as Tony says I've only ever heard of the hooks straightening in extreme cases, not detaching. But yours certainly are the real deal and I should get off my backside and get a pair for the front myself.

I also have never used the rear loop to winch or snatch from and wouldn't. I've got one of those hitch hooks that Tony posed up in another thread.

Cheers.
    No worries Jon.

Please don't be offended, but you ain't hookin' up to me with that hook.

I believe you'll make the right decision.

I'm having withdrawls at not being recovered. Wayne, where are you ? lolololol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you believe that crap? lolol. My snatch strap has got 'The dogman' embossed on it. GQ or GU , he's mine. lololol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Jon.

I've done it again.......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Do you believe that crap? lolol. My snatch strap has got 'The dogman' embossed on it. GQ or GU , he's mine. lololol
    Oh Ross mate, that snatch strap of yours with my name on it, will be rotted away well before it is ever required to be used on The Doggymobile.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast