User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: recovery points

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just taking the liberty of bringing this thread back to life as I have just bought a pair of rated recovery points from ThreeDogs to use with a bridle recovery strap, and they look like the beez knees in red too. I'll be fitting this next week.

This has been a good thread to read and hope others find it as helpful and informative as I did!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bindi For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (28th May 2014), Hodge (29th May 2014), jm2004 (1st June 2014), threedogs (1st June 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see your entry here Bindi and thanks for resurrecting this thread. I've read it all the way from first page as I really want to have "proper" recovery points front and rear (my Patrol has only done 600+ km at this stage - love the smell of freshly dried industrial motor vehicle glue and other dangerous materials )

If I don't misunderstand (still not 100% after reading 11 page worth of comments), rated recovery is the only (safe) way to go, but we need to ensure the rating which includes the way the recovery points are attached to the chassis, not just that of the actual recovery point / hook etc itself.

I also believe using A bridle is great (especially for direct pull from the front) as it spreads the load onto both chassis rails. On this, looking at the thickness of the factory recovery point in front, I wonder if I have another on the left, whether it'll be strong enough (I will try my luck emailing Nissan to ask for the recovery hook rating on the right front of the vehicle).

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont waste your timw emailing Nissan mate. Just get some plates from threedogs and be done with it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st June 2014), cgm (1st June 2014), MEGOMONSTER (1st June 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a GU about 2 months ago, too the rated recover points off my old GQ, the holes line up, but I cant figure out how to mount the one on the passengers side, as unlike the GQ which had the chassis rail open to get a plate in there the GU chassis rails taper up to a point at the front, is there a trick to getting nuts in there to mount recovery points?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SKID For This Useful Post:

threedogs (9th October 2015)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011