Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC97GQ View Post
    Altis007,

Mate whilst I dont doubt that you know what you are talking about,

I think you are drawing a pretty long bow on this one.

Mate in the the 30 years I have been driving and the many cars that I have owned the Hi Beam indicator light on all of them have had varying degrees of brightness. So as long as the light is working I don't see how they could ping you for it not being bright enough.

My wife's car Honda CRV the Hi Beam indicator is actually dimmed when the headlights are turned on(this goes for all the indicator lights). So by what you are saying the Hi Beam indicator should be tested when the head lights are off, but the problem is when you flick the hi beam on to test the hi beam indicator light the light is automatically dimmed by the fact the headlight circuit has been activated.

So as long as the light on the original posters vehicle is working and visible, I don't see how your vehicle could be failed for it not being bright enough.

Mark
    When i do RWC inspections if i cant see the light then you car FAILS! Auto dimming of the interior lights is one thing but the brightness of the blue high beam indicator has to be clearly visible in all conditions. I might have not have been clear before but i'll try now, if the resistance that the OP has put into the circuit to lower the brightness of the high beam indicator has made it so low it cant be clearly made out then it fails.

But like i said i'll have a look at the book and get back to this thread!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    What!!!!! the inspectors in Melbourne actually sit inside your car, Fark these Sydney inspectors are lazy, I have never has an inspector sit inside my car, I sit in it and turn the indicator lights / high and low beam, brake etc........... on for them. Next rego i'm going to tell em to do it themselves!
    When we do the test we have to make sure all retractable seat belts retract, lock and are not damaged in any way, we check the drivers seat is not torn and has any exposed springs for the back rest or has excessive play in the mechanism, we check the front de mister blows hot air to the windscreen, the "T" bar light (PRND21) works when the lights are on, hand break warning light turns on, high beam indicator works and is bright enough to be seen, the cluster back lighting lights up the dials and doesn't have any blown globes, check the horn, electric mirrors work in all directions, steering wheel grip is not damaged or loose, drivers door hand and window work.

Theres a bit in it and everything that we have to inspect is not listed on the certificate but in the inspectors guidelines there is an extensive list that we go thru to make sure the car is safe. Licensed vehicle testers also have to do a structural awareness course aswell, so if we can see that a car has been in an accident and has been repaired incorrectly it will also fail.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Where on the rwc report does it say tick this box if not bright enough.
    I cant remember seeing it as a question to be answered
    High beam indicator light tick,,oh wait not bright enough ,,,,,you fail
    WTF
    The certificate has a generalized check list on it, we the write down the specific things that fail in the bit it says description.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (28th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So all GUs fail anyway as belts dont retract
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    When we do the test we have to make sure all retractable seat belts retract, lock and are not damaged in any way, we check the drivers seat is not torn and has any exposed springs for the back rest or has excessive play in the mechanism, we check the front de mister blows hot air to the windscreen, the "T" bar light (PRND21) works when the lights are on, hand break warning light turns on, high beam indicator works and is bright enough to be seen, the cluster back lighting lights up the dials and doesn't have any blown globes, check the horn, electric mirrors work in all directions, steering wheel grip is not damaged or loose, drivers door hand and window work.

Theres a bit in it and everything that we have to inspect is not listed on the certificate but in the inspectors guidelines there is an extensive list that we go thru to make sure the car is safe. Licensed vehicle testers also have to do a structural awareness course aswell, so if we can see that a car has been in an accident and has been repaired incorrectly it will also fail.
    Holy Sh!t, George you know how many times I have asked when are you coming to Sydney..........................I've had a rethink you better stay in Melbourne, I like all my dodgy lazy inspectors....

Why do I need a T-Bar light???? I don't need to read to know what gear its in, except for them odd occasions when I bump it from D into N when I think I am in 2nd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (28th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Sh!t, George you know how many times I have asked when are you coming to Sydney..........................I've had a rethink you better stay in Melbourne, I like all my dodgy lazy inspectors....

Why do I need a T-Bar light???? I don't need to read to know what gear its in, except for them odd occasions when I bump it from D into N when I think I am in 2nd
    I'll get there eventually Toddie lol. I think the NSW RTA's Vehicle standards information might be a little bit different from VIC's but i know a few loop holes to pass vehicle inspections and EPA tests lol and i guess you've got nothing to worry about coz vic certificates cant be used in NSW.

The "T" bar light is for safety but also falls into one of the VSI categories which i can't remember right now lol but its the same category as the high beam light and other warning lights, they have to work and work correctly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (28th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the problem! Define working? Working means on or off, not how bright.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Here is the problem! Define working? Working means on or off, not how bright.
    Did you miss CORRECTLY or in other word how it left the factory or how it was initially designed to comply and meet ADR's.....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    The "T" bar light is for safety but also falls into one of the VSI categories which i can't remember right now lol but its the same category as the high beam light and other warning lights, they have to work and work correctly.
    I know that George I was just stir-in
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (28th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that George I was just stir-in
    I know mate it was more for people that don't know!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (28th April 2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast