OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: GQ Patrol how much can you legally lift it ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ Patrol how much can you legally lift it ?

Gday guys. Im just wondering if anyone knows what size lift you can legaly put on a GQ patrol in Victoria ? I believe its 2" but ive been told by a few people that it can vary depending on the car. Can anyone help me out ?
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here you go mate....

VicRoads' new VSI 8 regulation permits "Owner Certified" 4WD ride height increases up to 75mm, with 50mm maximum allowed for suspension lift, plus a 25mm increase resulting from fitment of a tyre with 50mm greater outside diameter, provided the modifications are undertaken using a commercially available lift kit that has been specially designed and tested for the vehicle application. Under the national guidelines, 'Owner Certified' lifts are limited to 50mm.

VSI 8 eliminates confusion that previously existed about allowable changes with suspension and / or tyre size. And now 4WD owners do not need to waste time and money on securing an engineering certification to make minor modifications to improve the safety and off road performance of their vehicle.

VSI 08 also addresses the matter of vehicle modifications where the vehicle is fitted with Electronic Stability Control. Electronic Stability Control (ESC) will be a mandated technology on all vehicles sold in Australia from 2013 onwards.

A copy of VSI 08 can be downloaded from the link: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...orvehicles.pdf .

A copy of VSB14 can be downloaded from the link: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa.../vsb_ncop.aspx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't go anymore than 2-3" I have a 5" lifted ute and I'm looking at lowering it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pm your email•
    I have detailed feedback from when I was there.
    Basically 2" without engineer including all types of lift- tyres, body + suspension.
    I tried 3"+35" tyres. Engineer's in Vic wanted nothing to do with 35" tyres.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive gone 2 inch on my Gq .wouldnt go any higher

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2 inch GU lift in my GQ and am running 33 inch tyres.
    I would consider 35's and a 3 inch lift but would get it done through a shop like Bidders in Cranbourne because they'll do the engineering certification at the same time.
    That sort of lift doesn't suit me though as I'm building it into a long range tourer at the mo.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 5th May 2013 at 10:23 PM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.