Thread: GQ Patrol Oil Pressure gauge not working properly

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ Patrol Oil Pressure gauge not working properly

Hey guys, I inspected a GQ patrol today that im looking at buying, and the oil pressure gauge is abnormally low, the guys selling it said its a common thing with patrols. Does anyone know if this is true or not ?
    cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,751 Times in 8,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is true mate very common problem. Mine drops after 5 minutes of driving. Might be a good idea to get it tested for a purchase but a common problem indeed.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. Do you know how you do a oil pressure test on a TD42 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you unscrew the oil pressure sender and screw in a pressure guage from memory

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok cheers mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody useless original gauge, it will sit a needle width under the 4 for a week or so and then it will be a needle over the 2. I put a new gauge in it [electric] and have no pressure. The end result of that was 5 senders and 3 new gauges
    1 of them digital and still have no pressure on the gauge.Vast expense and now have a mechanical gauge, 15 lbs at idle, 50 lbs @ 2000 rpm and 60 lbs @ 2500 rpm.
    I have tried everything with the electrical gauges earthwise, even sitting the gauge on the battery neg did stuff all. I have tried using different power supply points even direct to the battery.
    All attempts to get an electrical gauge to work have failed. Just a comment here, I have both electrical water temp gauge and oil temp gauge that have no problems at all, I can sit in the car and watch the gauge and know when the thermostat opens and closes
    and also have checked the thermo housing with the infrared gun, same reading as the gauge
    The mind is still making contracts that the wallet can't afford
    1993 Maverick TD 42 mit einem Turbolader, triple battery setup with 2 twin battery units & solar panel, 21/2 & 3 in exhaust, 5 dash mounted gauges, 55 ltr beier frig/freezer, broken winch, UHF & HF radios hf auto antenna, rooftop tent, portable satellite tv system and the ship hanging on the back [4.2 m runabout with 50 johnson] happy hour
    Dakabin 4503 QLD
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property and also scare the shit out of people standing next to the car

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about using a sandwich plate between the block and the oil filter and then attach the sender to the that plate?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brisat View Post
    Bloody useless original gauge, it will sit a needle width under the 4 for a week or so and then it will be a needle over the 2. I put a new gauge in it [electric] and have no pressure. The end result of that was 5 senders and 3 new gauges
    1 of them digital and still have no pressure on the gauge.Vast expense and now have a mechanical gauge, 15 lbs at idle, 50 lbs @ 2000 rpm and 60 lbs @ 2500 rpm.
    I have tried everything with the electrical gauges earthwise, even sitting the gauge on the battery neg did stuff all. I have tried using different power supply points even direct to the battery.
    All attempts to get an electrical gauge to work have failed. Just a comment here, I have both electrical water temp gauge and oil temp gauge that have no problems at all, I can sit in the car and watch the gauge and know when the thermostat opens and closes
    and also have checked the thermo housing with the infrared gun, same reading as the gauge
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used the sandwich plate first up for oil temp and pressure and also to connect a bypass oil filter, elements for this are 62 cents each so change them quite often, no pressure so it got changed to the oil pressure sender plug, didn't work there either. I have the mechanical one fitted in now and it's all good.
    Cost $150.00 for the hose to connect it though, so it would want to work for a bloody long time Eh ! Bloody strange thing is that all the other gauges are electrical and apart from a water temp sender that was 40 degrees to hot they all seem to work ok
    The mind is still making contracts that the wallet can't afford
    1993 Maverick TD 42 mit einem Turbolader, triple battery setup with 2 twin battery units & solar panel, 21/2 & 3 in exhaust, 5 dash mounted gauges, 55 ltr beier frig/freezer, broken winch, UHF & HF radios hf auto antenna, rooftop tent, portable satellite tv system and the ship hanging on the back [4.2 m runabout with 50 johnson] happy hour
    Dakabin 4503 QLD
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property and also scare the shit out of people standing next to the car

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I'm looking at going to an aftermarket one also, its so annoying

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not just a GQ thing it's seems to be generic nissan problem.
    I had this same discussion with the mechanic that reco my GTR engine.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE